Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #1
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 1000
Default Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Extremely important.

If Couture manages to beat Gonzaga , He'll either get to fight Crocop (if crocop beats Congo).

OR , maybe He'll directly get to fight Emelianenko either this fall of maybe in december.
----------------------

If Gonzaga wins , It'll give Him even more credibility , PLUS , it'll also be an opportunity to have a monumental rematch vs Crocop (if he wins his next fight).

We could either have gonzaga vs fedor or one of the most important rematch in MMA history , (fedor vs crocop II).

Obviously none of this will happen if things don't go as planned. (if for some reason , Fedor will not fight in the UFC).

But anyway , the point is ....The HW division is really starting to get very interesting here.
--------------------

Of course , let's not forget Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in all of this...
He also has the potential to be a huge contender.

As for Barnett...who knows...Maybe He'll just stay in japan and fight for K1.

I wonder what will happen to Kharitonov , Randleman , Alexander & especially Hunt...will they stay in Pride? and if pride is really dead , will they all go in K1?...So many questions... The MMA scene is very unstable right now but it's still pretty exciting.

There's also a potential Liddell vs Silva fight and of course , a possible Shogun vs Jackson rematch too.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Isn't MMA ****ing fun?!!!! I hate how so many people like to banter about which is best,...MMA or boxing. Both are great,....but they are so far different from one another.

Styles REALLY make fights in MMA because of the nature of the sport. Ya just never know...and that is what makes it so fun to watch.

As a 40 year old that has followed boxing to a tee for at least 30 years, and who never thought anything would be as exciting and fun as boxing........I must admit that over the past five or ten years I have become more of a MMA fan than a boxing fan.

Less bullshit, and more fighting.
Mob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 727
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

I think Mirko will have to do quite a bit more than beat Kongo to get the title shot. If he does, I think a rematch with Nog (if he beats Herring) might go down.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:28 AM   #4
Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Nog will beat Herring easily.
Mob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 2,290
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Cro Cop is my favorite fighter, but I don't think CC vs. Fedor 2 is a necessity anymore. It's clear, Fedor is the man. I'd rather him add Couture and Gonzaga to his legacy. Then he's got to tangle with Barnett at some point. After that, there's no possible way to deny Fedor is the best...ever.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:14 AM   #6
mantis_boxing
Hail to the Thief...
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 35
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4
Cro Cop is my favorite fighter, but I don't think CC vs. Fedor 2 is a necessity anymore. It's clear, Fedor is the man. I'd rather him add Couture and Gonzaga to his legacy. Then he's got to tangle with Barnett at some point. After that, there's no possible way to deny Fedor is the best...ever.
I think Crocop-Fedor 2 would be an awesome fight, given that Mirko has some impressive wins stringed together from now onwards. Their first fight was far from one-sided.
mantis_boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4
Cro Cop is my favorite fighter, but I don't think CC vs. Fedor 2 is a necessity anymore. It's clear, Fedor is the man. I'd rather him add Couture and Gonzaga to his legacy. Then he's got to tangle with Barnett at some point. After that, there's no possible way to deny Fedor is the best...ever.
The problem was that bout should have happened immediately after the OWGP but both fighters had diffrent agenda`s.And since Fedor has moved to Bodog and done very little whereas Crop lost his aura when he got obliterated by Gonzaga.Shame as the heayweight landscape has changed immensely.Until most of PRIDE`s heavys come to the UFC i doubt well see a consistent champion or dominant contenders for a while yet.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

I think Couture can beat Cro. If he gets past Gonzaga that would be great.

To be the man at heavy though all roads lead to Fedor. If Couture beat Gonzaga and Cro I'd have to maybe have him equal!!!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #9
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Id rather see Couture-Fedor to unify the belts then rather see a rightnow pointless Fedor-Cro Cop rematch. Couture-Fedor would probablly generate the most money in MMA history cause its the Heavyweight title unification and Couture is possibly the face of the UFC, Fedor is actually pretty pouplar in America and everyone knows hes the best of all times. Russia vs America come on now dont get no better. Also Couture has the best chance to beat Fedor cause he can cut him open with them short elbows.
jimmie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Id rather see Couture-Fedor to unify the belts then rather see a rightnow pointless Fedor-Cro Cop rematch. Couture-Fedor would probablly generate the most money in MMA history cause its the Heavyweight title unification and Couture is possibly the face of the UFC, Fedor is actually pretty pouplar in America and everyone knows hes the best of all times. Russia vs America come on now dont get no better. Also Couture has the best chance to beat Fedor cause he can cut him open with them short elbows.
I don't get the rematch thing. I think it's because the division wasn't that great so everyone jumped on Mr Highlight Reel Cro Cop.

I was expecting fireworks when I watched it. Cro had nothing for him. He basically lost every round other than the one big moment where he stunned Fedor. As usual Fedor got hurt but showed his great survival skills.

I do want to see Gonzaga v Couture with the winner facing Fedor.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #11
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I don't get the rematch thing. I think it's because the division wasn't that great so everyone jumped on Mr Highlight Reel Cro Cop.

I was expecting fireworks when I watched it. Cro had nothing for him. He basically lost every round other than the one big moment where he stunned Fedor. As usual Fedor got hurt but showed his great survival skills.

I do want to see Gonzaga v Couture with the winner facing Fedor.
Exactly Fedor owned Cro even at his own game. I cant imagine cause Cro Cop beat Barnett agian and 205er Wanderlei Silva hes so improved he could KO Fedor Gonzaga destroyed Cro Cop he took the so called untakedownable down bashed him with elbows and took his head off with a kick that had Cop out cold. Maybe I saw a different fight cause im not a nuthugger or I dont have short memory.
jimmie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #12
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

I'd be blown away if Couture beat Gonzaga and Cro Cop en route to a supermatch with Fedor, for pure fun, I'd probably even like it to happen even though I'm not much a fan of Couture.

Gonzaga will beat Randy I think....
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:01 PM   #13
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I'd be blown away if Couture beat Gonzaga and Cro Cop en route to a supermatch with Fedor, for pure fun, I'd probably even like it to happen even though I'm not much a fan of Couture.

Gonzaga will beat Randy I think....
Why dont u like Couture ? Hes my boy but im not trying to start a war of words im just curious care to explain ?
jimmie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #14
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Why dont u like Couture ? Hes my boy but im not trying to start a war of words im just curious care to explain ?
Nothing against him personally, just never was a fan of his style at all. We all have those...
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #15
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Exactly Fedor owned Cro even at his own game. I cant imagine cause Cro Cop beat Barnett agian and 205er Wanderlei Silva hes so improved he could KO Fedor Gonzaga destroyed Cro Cop he took the so called untakedownable down bashed him with elbows and took his head off with a kick that had Cop out cold. Maybe I saw a different fight cause im not a nuthugger or I dont have short memory.
Jimmie you know better than that It was the manner of Crops wins at the OWGP. NO ONE HAD EVER BEATEN WANDY THAT BAD EVER! And off the back of that he submitted Barnett with a fierce GNP that was very unlike Crop.Crop truly wanted to win that and his aggresion was the key.Normally is passive and counter punches and that was his downfall in the first bout against Fedor.Agression is key and he knows this.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013