Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Gonzaga vs Couture...is going to be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Why dont u like Couture ? Hes my boy but im not trying to start a war of words im just curious care to explain ?
His your boy alright.Theres not enough room for the rest if ESB to jump on Coutures jock as you`ve taken up all the room.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #17
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Exactly Fedor owned Cro even at his own game. I cant imagine cause Cro Cop beat Barnett agian and 205er Wanderlei Silva hes so improved he could KO Fedor Gonzaga destroyed Cro Cop he took the so called untakedownable down bashed him with elbows and took his head off with a kick that had Cop out cold. Maybe I saw a different fight cause im not a nuthugger or I dont have short memory.
I hadn't seen enough of Cro, that is why I called him Mr Highlight Reel. He looked invincible from what I saw. I thought hew as Chuck Liddell and then some. Problem is he isn't as good as Chuck. He doesn't have his footwork, sense of timing or range, nor his take down defence.

Cro will never have a chance of beating Fedor unless he improves in those areas.

What did people expect Cro to do so he could win? Funny thing is, you just knew Fedor wasn't digging into his party bag of tricks. Why? because Cro was fighting like a spoiler when standing or on the ground.

I think if you get Cro down early he gets very tired and breaks mentally.

In his other loses do you know what they were like? I've only see his Gonzaga and Fedor loss.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
I hadn't seen enough of Cro, that is why I called him Mr Highlight Reel. He looked invincible from what I saw. I thought hew as Chuck Liddell and then some. Problem is he isn't as good as Chuck. He doesn't have his footwork, sense of timing or range, nor his take down defence.

Cro will never have a chance of beating Fedor unless he improves in those areas.

What did people expect Cro to do so he could win? Funny thing is, you just knew Fedor wasn't digging into his party bag of tricks. Why? because Cro was fighting like a spoiler when standing or on the ground.

I think if you get Cro down early he gets very tired and breaks mentally.

In his other loses do you know what they were like? I've only see his Gonzaga and Fedor loss.
Dude CC is a FAR BETTER fighter than Liddell FACT.His takedown defense is better, his striking is better and he probably is (when his on his game i may add) THE best striker in MMA in the world.The problem with CC is inconsistency.He believes his own hype and gets caught up in his own hype machine.I firmly believe Crop could beat Fedor if we see the same aggresive come forward CC of the OWGP.But since his loss to Gonzaga where he again did Randleman part 1 that aura is gone and the fight has much less meaning.

His worse loss`s were to Nog where he was submitted with an armbar (admitedly this was fairly early in his MMA career) and his KO loss`s to Gonzaga and Randleman.Other than that Crops resume is far superior to Liddells.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #19
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Dude CC is a FAR BETTER fighter than Liddell FACT.His takedown defense is better, his striking is better and he probably is (when his on his game i may add) THE best striker in MMA in the world.The problem with CC is inconsistency.He believes his own hype and gets caught up in his own hype machine.I firmly believe Crop could beat Fedor if we see the same aggresive come forward CC of the OWGP.But since his loss to Gonzaga where he again did Randleman part 1 that aura is gone and the fight has much less meaning.

His worse loss`s were to Nog where he was submitted with an armbar (admitedly this was fairly early in his MMA career) and his KO loss`s to Gonzaga and Randleman.Other than that Crops resume is far superior to Liddells.
I humbly beg to differ.

Thanks for the descriptions.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 10:20 AM   #20
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Dude CC is a FAR BETTER fighter than Liddell FACT.
& not just Liddell...In fact , He's one of the most talented in the mma scene.

Unfortunately , He's also a living paradox because if He's not "on"...It's hard to predict if He'll beat his next opponent.

It's very sad because He's such a talented fighter.
Seriously , he's ****ing scary when He's super motivated...

Crocop vs Fedor was almost perfection. (only downside is that He gassed before emelianenko). but when these two were in action , both were at their best...

crocop in the final of the pride OWGP was also very impressive.

Gonzaga did a fantastic job but then again...the guy He was fighting was an embarrassment compared to the real Mirko.

Randleman once pulled the same shit in 2004.

That's the major downside of crocop's career...If He's not "there"...He's very vulnerable.

And I ****ING HATE HIM for that...
I almost wish to see him getting owned by Kongo now....
Mirko can't be trusted...
and it's disgusting because he's got all the talent in the world.

No one can be serious when comparing liddell to filipovic.
Maybe I'm delusional but to me , Mirko is faster , more accurate , way more powerful , a better wrestler too + he's got a solid sub defense.

And thats also why i was disgusted by his loss vs Gonzaga.
the highkick KO was of course the cherry on the ****ing cake...

even though I prefer Couture , I really hope that Gonzaga is going to win because it'll give Mirko a better chance for a rematch. (that is , if he beats Kongo).
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #21
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Id say Cop is better and alot better then Liddell.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #22
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

The best CroCop is the Crocop that fought in the OWGP.
He was devastating. He got sick and tired of waiting on an injured Fedor that he moved to the UFC.
I got the feeling that he didn't want to be there and was just going through the motions in both his fights......he is probably more committed now that he was beaten in such a humiliating fashion.

OWGP
Semi-final

Mirko CroCop vs Wanderlei Silva
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Final

Mirko CroCop vs Josh Barnett

The Mirko here is a monster.

Last edited by Dostoevsky; 06-24-2007 at 05:20 PM.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 05:12 PM   #23
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
The best CroCop is the Crocop that fought in the OWGP.
He was devastating. He got sick of tired of waiting on an injured Fedor that he moved to the UFC.
I got the feeling that he didn't want to be there and was just going through the motions in both his fights......he is probably into it now that he was beaten in such a humiliating fashion.

OWGP
Semi-final

Mirko CroCop vs Wanderlei Silva

Final

Mirko CroCop vs Josh Barnett

The Mirko here is a monster.
Iv been saying this for ages.No one on this board wants to listen..

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum