Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1001
Default Marciano vs. Morrison

Who wins?

I think this is pretty intriguing. Morrison seems almost like a poor man's Tyson. Tremendous physical tools. Come foward pucher who usually throws power shots dispensing w/the jab. Certainly, he lacks tyson's defense and movement. He had a great left hook, but from all accounts, his training and dedication left something to be desired.

Seems Morrison's best weight was around 220ish just like Tyson. Marciano would be giving up around 35 pounds. Most Tyson/Marciano polls seem to be 66/34 in favor of Tyson.

IMO, Morrison seems to be viewed as a flop in general but he did UD Foreman right before George stopped Moorer. I think he gets a bad rap w/his chin (Mercer fight), it was his poor work ethic and lifestyle which prevented him from fulfilling his potential.

I think Marciano gets knocked down early in the first by a left w/Morrison carrying the fight for 2/3 rounds. Then Marciano kicks it into another gear and his workrate and iron will overwhelm Morrison by the 9/10.
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marciano vs. Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeIsGod
Who wins?

I think this is pretty intriguing. Morrison seems almost like a poor man's Tyson. Tremendous physical tools. Come foward pucher who usually throws power shots dispensing w/the jab. Certainly, he lacks tyson's defense and movement. He had a great left hook, but from all accounts, his training and dedication left something to be desired.

Seems Morrison's best weight was around 220ish just like Tyson. Marciano would be giving up around 35 pounds. Most Tyson/Marciano polls seem to be 66/34 in favor of Tyson.

IMO, Morrison seems to be viewed as a flop in general but he did UD Foreman right before George stopped Moorer. I think he gets a bad rap w/his chin (Mercer fight), it was his poor work ethic and lifestyle which prevented him from fulfilling his potential.

I think Marciano gets knocked down early in the first by a left w/Morrison carrying the fight for 2/3 rounds. Then Marciano kicks it into another gear and his workrate and iron will overwhelm Morrison by the 9/10.
Both could whack but Rocky could do it witrh both hands ,plus he had a better chin and bags more stamina Marciano by Ko similar to the Mercer one.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #3
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 153

marciano KO 10th round.
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Marciano brutal KO
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Marciano by KO
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
FlatNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This would be a fast paced,wicked brawl. With Morrisons hand speed, Tommy would have no problem finding Marciano but Marcianos granite chin would diffuse Morrisons bombs.As the fight wore on Rocky would get inside more and more.The Duke would be taking punishment to the arms, hips, kidneys, and the back of his head as well as his rib cage and stomach.Uppercuts on the inside by Morrison would cut Rocky,and stop him in his tracks, but the Brockton Blockbuster would always wade in again and again.Over a period of time, Tommy would be busted up as well, and the rough pace of the fight would take its toll on Morrison especially.Somewhere around the midway point of a 15 round fight, Marciano would crack Tommy with a hellacious right (the suzie-Q) , and while Morrison sank to the floor , The Rock would hit him thrice more.Tommy lands in a heap,the referee waves his arms, the ringside doctor flies into the ring to attend to the quivering, semi-consious Morrison, and Marciano is greeted by his handlers as he calmly walks back to his corner.
FlatNose is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeIsGod
Who wins?

I think Tommy was a better boxer, but Van (or even Jim) was a better singer
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 02:20 PM   #8
Lacyace
Forever Knight
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

I think Marciano can get Morrison in 3 or 4.
Lacyace is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #9
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

simple as this: morrisons chins sucked!!!

thats a weakness you cant afford vs rocky.

here is what happens: faster morrison jumps on marciano, drills him with the hook....that backs up rocky. tommy comes in looking to take him out, slugs with rocky, takes a right and goes down face first.
gets up at nine. rocky comes after him, puts him in the ropes, drills him with the hook and a right.
morrison goes through the ropes and straight to the hospital.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #10
Senya13
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1210

Marciano's chin was never really tested against super heavyweights, so I'd give Morrison a chance for early KO.
Senya13 is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

I think Rocky would KO him, as this is a bad style matchup for the Duke. Facing someone with that kind of one hit power, workrate, and chin always adds up the wrong way for Tommy.

Tommy probably would've busted Rocky up a little though- Rocky was there to get hit, and Morrison would've landed enough to let Rocky know he was in a fight. It would've been exciting while it lasted though.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #12
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

Marciano by brutal KO
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #13
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummy Davis
Marciano by brutal KO
There's no two ways about this one. Steroids couldn't help Morrisons chin and Marciano will find it with whatever hand lands first. Rocky by KO.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
Muchmoore

vCash:

I dont see any way Morrison wins. He might be able to stay away from Marciano for a couple of rounds like he did with Foreman, but even if he could Marciano is going to land and when he does it is over. Marcianos workrate was far too great for Morrison to last any more than 6 rounds.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:46 AM   #15
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Ridiculous thread.
Luigi1985 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum