BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mosley vs Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
Dan...

I actually spoke to Collazo at Club Plum here in the city he was pretty pissed he didn't press the fight because he was a bit reluctant and respected the Sugar man way to much. Pluse his hand was wrapped up at the time (It was a couple weeks after the fight) he also blamed his disfigured thumb. I don't like excuses though, Collazo lost fair and square and the Sugar man showed he still got it. I have a good feeling Cotto will make the fight a bit harder than Collazo did

But poor Cotto is going to be dispatched sometime before mid fight(according to trouble that is)
I'm glad you posted this. It spared me the trouble of pointing out that Mosely won a decsion against an injured, B level fighter. Everyone who saw that fight saw that Collazo wasn't throwing punches. Cotto is on alot of people's p4p top 10 list. There is no way he should lose to a 36 year old, past prime fighter
BigReg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2007, 05:05 PM   #32
King Dan
Golovkin
ESB Addict

vCash: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
I'm glad you posted this. It spared me the trouble of pointing out that Mosely won a decsion against an injured, B level fighter. Everyone who saw that fight saw that Collazo wasn't throwing punches. Cotto is on alot of people's p4p top 10 list. There is no way he should lose to a 36 year old, past prime fighter
Cotto and Mosley are top 10-15.
King Dan is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #33
TroubleLurks
**** spell check
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Catching a tan and sleeping with Mob bosses daughters dosent make you from a place.....

does it???
They train here. Period. No they were not all born here which I guess = from here. My deepest apologies.
TroubleLurks is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #34
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dan
Collazo would beg to differ.
Collazo is no Cotto. Cotto will break Mosley down physically and mentally.

Thing ive noticed about Mosley (keep in mind im a big Mosley fan)

Mosley doesnt know how to change his strategy if things arent going his way. It happened in both Forrest and Wright fights. If he gets discouraged, his corner acts foolish and Mosley doesnt adapt. The only time Mosley showed this trait was against DLH 7 years ago.

If things dont go his way against Cotto expect him to keep catching a beat down until Papa Jack throws in the white towel.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #35
TroubleLurks
**** spell check
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
B level fighter that many thought won the fight against Hatton. Injured hand or not, Collazo was outclassed that night in every department. But I guess that's what Mosley should do to a B level fighter, Right?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 PM   #36
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dan
Thanks for the insight.

This is still a 50/50 type fight.

Don't get me wrong.
I agree 50/50

Collazo is always in the club man, I don't go out much anymore but I've spoken to this lush at least 3 times in the past year of so, he's a very cool dude though, unlike Zab who get's real irritating at times when he's squirting his testosterone all over the club. Paulie Malanaggi was also extremely friendly and spoke boxing for at least 20 minutes with me at club Stereo in Manhattan. Honorable mention: Curtis Stevens, spoke for a bit outside Manhattan Center/Hamerstein Ballroom.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #37
Scorpion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
The one thing most people forget is that Cotto had been rocked and stunned by Corley, Abdulaev, Torres and Judah. If there is a fighter who could finish him off and hurt him again it would be Sugar Shane.

Dude dont underestimate a real fighter so quickly
but i have it 60/40 mosley
Scorpion is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #38
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleLurks
Originally my take on the upcoming fight was this...Mosley will start off strong sweeping the first 5 or 6 rds. Then Cotto would come on strong after that to make it a close fight to the finish. Mosley would weather the storm and win a close UD.

After watching more video on Cotto...Mosley is going to whip this dudes ass possibly stopping him in the process. Yes, Cotto applies constant pressure. Yes, Cotto has good power and works the body well. IMHO though, Cotto has a very ABC style that Mosley will exploit in a big way. His chin is exposed too much and too often. Mosley will test that chin several times throughout the fight. Cotto has been on rubber legs in the past and when was the last time you saw Shane have a fighter on queer street and not finish him off?
Just wanted to go on the record and change my pick to Mosley by KO. flame away...
I'm a fan of both fighters, but even a faded Mosely is a terrible styles match-up for Cotto.

SSM TKO6
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:12 PM   #39
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
The one thing most people forget is that Cotto had been rocked and stunned by Corley, Abdulaev, Torres and Judah. If there is a fighter who could finish him off and hurt him again it would be Sugar Shane.
People forget? Thats the argument most fans use as to why Cotto is going to lose his next fight for the past 3 years now. But last time I checked Cotto is still undefeated.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 PM   #40
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well Sugarman still is a live dog no matter how you put it, I'm a huge Cotto fan but I'll be nervous come fight night, similar to a school girl in her first visit to the OBGYN.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #41
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleLurks
B level fighter that many thought won the fight against Hatton. Injured hand or not, Collazo was outclassed that night in every department. But I guess that's what Mosley should do to a B level fighter, Right?
To an injured B level fighter, yes. Unless you wanna argue that Collazo wasn't injured or that Collazo is an A level fighter. I'm not going to sit here and call Mosely a bum. This is certainly not the case. But he's old, and past his prime. If Cotto is the elite fighter that people make him out to be, then he should be able to beat an old, past his prime fighter, even one on Mosely's level.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #42
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well Sugarman still is a live dog no matter how you put it, I'm a huge Cotto fan but I'll be nervous come fight night, similar to a school girl in her first visit to the OBGYN.
No need to be nervous. Although Cotto has been "protected" by his handlers, I still think he's a tremendous fighter. This will be Mosely's last fight.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #43
El Presidente
The President
ESB Senior Member

Cotto body work will be too much for Mosley
El Presidente is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:20 PM   #44
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
No need to be nervous. Although Cotto has been "protected" by his handlers, I still think he's a tremendous fighter. This will be Mosely's last fight.
Ok but I'll wear my diapers under my gap jeans just in case (please do not try to visualize)
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #45
TroubleLurks
**** spell check
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
To an injured B level fighter, yes. Unless you wanna argue that Collazo wasn't injured or that Collazo is an A level fighter. I'm not going to sit here and call Mosely a bum. This is certainly not the case. But he's old, and past his prime. If Cotto is the elite fighter that people make him out to be, then he should be able to beat an old, past his prime fighter, even one on Mosely's level.
Fair enough and I'm not saying Collazo didn't hurt his hand. I just don't think it would have made any difference. The one and only advantage I see Cotto having over Shane is youth. That will not be enough to beat the old vet.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum