Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 PM   #61
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mosley vs Cotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleLurks
Just my opinion. Collazo is a slick southpaw that would take anybody a few rounds to get used to.
That's one misconception that people need to get out of their heads. Being a southpaw doesn't automatically make you slick. Collazo brawls just as much as he boxes. If he was so slick, Hatton and Rivera would have had trouble landing on him regularly, which they did not.

Quote:
People act as if Collazo stopped fighting all together after he hurt his hand which isnt the case at all. Mosley figured out his timing and started to counter at will with those combinations. The fight may have been closer had Collazo not injured his hand but I still think he would have lost.
Awfully convenient how that happens at the time the injury allegedly occured. It ain't rocket science, homey.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2007, 08:08 PM   #62
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Cotto will get to Mosley easily. And that is the problem..Some people expect Mosley to outbox Cotto and turn into Pernell Whitaker..Or Roy Jones or some shit...That ISN'T going to happen man...Mosley's jab ain't that great...Cotto has a stiff ass jab....I can definitely see Mosley out punching Cotto in some rounds and definitely winning them but as far as damage inflicted it will completely go to Cotto. So I think its going to be a very hard fight to score. Cotto is going to be on Mosley like flies on shit and Mosley better start ripping uppercuts because its the only thing that could save him.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #63
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Mosley was breathing a bit hard in the Collazo fight..And Collazo wasn't even making Mosley fight!! That shit was a sparing match for Mosley!!...He couldn't dent Estrada at all...Estrada was whipping punches all over Mosley in that entire fight! Estrada isn't even in the same galaxy as Cotto as far as offensive ability...Cotto is text book power punching guys...I just don't think Mosley can take it...If he wins I will definitely be surprised and I'd give him his well due props.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #64
TroubleLurks
**** spell check
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan Maxx
That's one misconception that people need to get out of their heads. Being a southpaw doesn't automatically make you slick. Collazo brawls just as much as he boxes. If he was so slick, Hatton and Rivera would have had trouble landing on him regularly, which they did not.

Awfully convenient how that happens at the time the injury allegedly occured. It ain't rocket science, homey.
Collazo is NOT a slick fighter and he would have won the fight "clowning" Mosley along the way had he not hurt his hand. If that is what you believe than by all means...enjoy.
TroubleLurks is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #65
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Collazo vs Mosley was a sparing match.
Mosley was breathing a little hard in the ^ fight.
Mosley vs Cotto will be a war.
Mosley will be very tired in a war.
The rounds will be very hard to score.
This fight comes down to how long Mosley can perform at the sugar shane mosley we all have come to know.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #66
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Collazo is NOT a slick fighter and he would have won the fight "clowning" Mosley along the way had he not hurt his hand. If that is what you believe than by all means...enjoy.
Don't put words in my mouth. I said Collazo isn't a slick fighter, which he is not. And that he outboxed and clowned Mosley in round two, which he did. Does that mean I think he would have won the fight? Not necessarily. It could have went either way. But I know that Collazo would have won more than 2 of the 12 rounds, I'll tell you that much.

Last edited by magnum; 05-13-2006 at 07:25 PM.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 01:34 AM   #67
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

I going with Cotto at this time. 5 or 6 years ago I maybe would have sided with Mosley, but feel the inside pressure of cotto would be too much for mosley too handle unless he can stick and move. The body shots of cotto will be the determening factor in this fight and I see cotto winning tko
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #68
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist
I highly disagree. Winky AND Forrest presents specific stylistic problems that are all wrong for Shane. Shane really has trouble with a fighter who who is taller then him with a good and nice right hand. Cotto's style is NOTHING like them, period. Shane was confused against Winky's defense, great Jab, and right hands... and Forrest with his style just had his number, his Jab was excellent and his right hand had excellent accuracy and is power (his best pnuch). Cotto is a pressure fighter and wares you down. He doesn't have awesome defense, doesn't have the power in his right hand like forrest had. Really Forrest has a underrated uppercut, he has a lot of pop on it, really it was the uppercut that had Shane almost out in their fight. That same uppercut had Ike hurt bad and he was holding on for much of that round.

Cotto's power is not excellent, it took him 11 rounds to KO Judah who doesn't have the best chin and he was hitting him cleanly the whole fight. Shane is much more durable then Judah, and Cotto's style is ripe for Shane. Only thing is Shane is 36, in his prime there would be no way Cotto could win. Shane was more of a punsher then a boxer. Time will tell, but I am saying this right now, you can't apply Forrest and Winky to this, it just doesn't add up style wise.

Look at his fight against Oscar, he adapted in the fight to pull out the victory. But that first fight Oscar fought him like a puncher and not a boxer. Cotto can't out box Shane, remember shane has trouble with people with quick Jabs and movement (defense in the case of Winky), he doesn't have to worry about these things with Cotto. Cotto is pretty much there to be hit the whole night, if you can take the incoming pressure, and I think Shane can.

If Shane rocks Cotto, Cotto is going to get KO'd, period.

im just curious what your answer will be... if cottos power is not excellent? how do u consider mayweathers power???
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #69
OSO
soy el jefe de jefes

[quote=TroubleLurks]Originally my take on the upcoming fight was this...Mosley will start off strong sweeping the first 5 or 6 rds. Then Cotto would come on strong after that to make it a close fight to the finish. Mosley would weather the storm and win a close UD.

After watching more video on Cotto...Mosley is going to whip this dudes ass possibly stopping him in the process. Yes, Cotto applies constant pressure. Yes, Cotto has good power and works the body well. IMHO though, Cotto has a very ABC style that Mosley will exploit in a big way. His chin is exposed too much and too often. Mosley will test that chin several times throughout the fight. Cotto has been on rubber legs in the past and when was the last time you saw Shane have a fighter on queer street and not finish him off?
Just wanted to go on the record and change my pick to Mosley by KO. flame away...[/quote]

The Sugar is too sweet for Miguel. Shane by late round TKO.
OSO is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #70
the_truth
Belt holder
ESB Addict

[quote=OSO]
Quote:
Originally my take on the upcoming fight was this...Mosley will start off strong sweeping the first 5 or 6 rds. Then Cotto would come on strong after that to make it a close fight to the finish. Mosley would weather the storm and win a close UD.

After watching more video on Cotto...Mosley is going to whip this dudes ass possibly stopping him in the process. Yes, Cotto applies constant pressure. Yes, Cotto has good power and works the body well. IMHO though, Cotto has a very ABC style that Mosley will exploit in a big way. His chin is exposed too much and too often. Mosley will test that chin several times throughout the fight. Cotto has been on rubber legs in the past and when was the last time you saw Shane have a fighter on queer street and not finish him off?
Just wanted to go on the record and change my pick to Mosley by KO. flame away...[/quote]

The Sugar is too sweet for Miguel. Shane by late round TKO.

why are people living in the past, cotto had problems at 140 where at times he was at his weakest inside the ring and he still came out winning in destroying all his opponents... a shot to the tempel sounds very different to me from a shot to the chin, also over 15 good shots from torres and a very questionable push down cotto finally goes down and comes back to hurt torres moments later, a weak chin would have told me cotto wouldnt even finish that round... many great shots and uppercuts from judah and cotto takes them very well, we talking about a new cotto at 147, lets not forget that...
the_truth is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #71
Coast
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I'm looking forward to this fight, because if you admire both fighters and are somewhat objective you know this is a very close matchup. Cotto has looked very good, but Shane has much more world class experience and has not had troubles with smaller pressure fighters (Mosley is 2 inches taller with a 7 inch reach advantage) only taller skilled boxers. That said, Shane will be 36 and I think Cotto's youth will make this a very good fight.

I do see it going the distance. Mosley has never been stopped, the on time he was truly in trouble, he showed incredible resilience against Forrest. On the flip side, the only fighter he's stopped in his last 10 fights is an over the hill Vargas. Cotto has shown he can get of the canvas an come back to win several times. This one might live up to the hype.
Coast is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #72
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Vargas-Mosley II was Mosley's last hurrah.

Cotto is going to tear him apart
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #73
SOUTHERMOST
Contender
ESB Senior Member

True Cotto has been hurt and Mosley too I always remember him vs Winky the first fight when he wanted to quit, his father in the corner spent the whole night convincing him to keep fighting.
SOUTHERMOST is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #74
carras
Contender
ESB Senior Member

shane is not the monster he was 5 or 6 years ago.
cotto by UD or late tko.
carras is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 03:02 AM   #75
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Shane may not be the monster he was 5 years ago. But Cotto's not the monster people are making him out to be now. I, for one, was disappointed in his fight with Judah and feel that a fighter twice the caliber of Judah in Mosely will be able to exploit Cotto's weaknesses....

One's thing for sure, Cotto can't wobble and dance like he likes to do. Cause Mosely's a MAD finisher...
KO Boxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum