Phil Austin
Keep on Kronkin on!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: IBO Regional Titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
lol lol lol

A regional title isn't a short cut to a world title fight???

You make it sound like Medley is proof that this isn't the case. Regardless, your diatribe is absolute garbage Phil.

After losing a welterweight title fight against Hlatswaayo, he beats Don Don Sultan (15-9-2) for a vacant inter-continental IBO title. Then gets another title fight against Hlatswaayo. Not a short cut? He didn't exactly walk over hot coals to get a rematch did he Phil...

Now you say Medley will fight for another IBO world title. Is that a reward for beating 8-1 Tui Leveni for the vacant IBO inter-continental belt? I guess it was a monumental win for Medley because afterall, Leveni was coming off a hard fought 4 rd unanimous decision against bad ass Paz Viejo.

Nice try Phil
Actually I'd say 'diatribe' would more aptly sum up what you have written perfect jet. No Medley is not getting a world title shot after beating Tui Leveni; he has two more fights to go against one against a top-50 fighter which is what Sultan still was at the time he fought Medley and before everyone realised he had close to nothing left and started lining up to fight him, as I said in my previous post the regionals can sometimes provide exemptions and they did in Medley's case but he still had to fight a higher rated opponent to get within range. My point about the shortcuts was you can't just fight absolutely anyone for a belt and hey presto you are high in the ratings - better clarification for you?
Phil Austin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
Phil Austin
Keep on Kronkin on!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
The IBO are just a bunch of WBA , WBO , WBC & IBF wannabe's , Just another pimple on the arse of the sport , sanction fees = Free money , Free money = Bums trying to get something for nothing at the expense of the real hero's in the sport ie the actual boxers . ****ing disgrace all these mickey mouse cunting plastc belts and the guys supplying them , One World One Champ in each weight .
Hardly - if we were we would be doing things exactly the same as them - have to say you've changed your tune about the IBO and what you wrote in here to me on the subject previously!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM   #18
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Austin View Post
Actually I'd say 'diatribe' would more aptly sum up what you have written perfect jet. No Medley is not getting a world title shot after beating Tui Leveni; he has two more fights to go against one against a top-50 fighter which is what Sultan still was at the time he fought Medley and before everyone realised he had close to nothing left and started lining up to fight him, as I said in my previous post the regionals can sometimes provide exemptions and they did in Medley's case but he still had to fight a higher rated opponent to get within range. My point about the shortcuts was you can't just fight absolutely anyone for a belt and hey presto you are high in the ratings - better clarification for you?
Not really.

And I'm not saying the IBO is inherently different to any other org. Here's what I posted on another site, highlighting an absolute absurd and pathetic decision involving the IBF...

The IBF have come up with two pearlers lately. Try these on for size:

With Nate Campbell vacating his IBF lightweight belt, the title naturally became vacant. Ali Funeka is ruled inelligible to fight for the title again after losing to Campbell in a fight that Nate was overweight. They applied their own ruling that Funeka could not fight for a belt after coming off a loss. Fair enough. Not really.

The vacant title will be contested between Yuri Romanov and Fernando Angulo. Angulo defeated Ganoy two fights back but because he didn't make weight either, he forfeited the #2 spot (it was an elimination bout). So in effect he was penalised in that he only got a "win", but not the #2 spot.

Angulo then lost his next fight to an unrated guy on the Campbell/Funeka undercard, where he again didn't make weight. Unbelievably, he retained his #4 ranking, even though #6 ranked Randy Suico was punted from the top 15 after losing in Japan whilst rated #6. Ganoy also exited the top 15 after losing to Angulo.

So Angulo is 1-1 in his last two fights, didn't make weight in either of them, is ranked LOWER than Funeka....yet fights for a title.

Why the special treatment for Angulo? probably helps that he is promoted by DKP. Just a hunch. And they pay sanction fees on time.

And does anyone want to explain how Saddam Kietyongyuth was recently rated #13 IBF when he does not hold a regional belt, has never contested an IBF sanctioned bout and is not rated anywhere by any of the orgs?

Sanction $$$. It's pathetic.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #19
Phil Austin
Keep on Kronkin on!
ESB Addict

I have to agree it doesn't make a lot of sense
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #20
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Austin View Post
Hardly - if we were we would be doing things exactly the same as them - have to say you've changed your tune about the IBO and what you wrote in here to me on the subject previously!
Come on Phil lighten up mate i thought you Aussies could take a bit of gip after dishing it out , BTW yes i did think the IBO could be all that but it does appear to your average fan like myself that it aint to be , HOW does your Org differ from the rest ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #21
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Come on Phil lighten up mate i thought you Aussies could take a bit of gip after dishing it out , BTW yes i did think the IBO could be all that but it does appear to your average fan like myself that it aint to be , HOW does your Org differ from the rest ?
From what i know and understand the International Boxing Organisation is the only one to use computerized rankings.

But im with Josey here for sure, **** each and every single one of them
daz52 is online now  Top
Old 03-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #22
Phil Austin
Keep on Kronkin on!
ESB Addict

Use emoticons Josey for ****s sake! LOL I am in the middle of trying to look interested in this godawful chick-flick in the desparately forlorn attempt to get a shag from from the mrs I'll get back to you my choir-singing friend once I have failed!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:46 AM   #23
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Their initials are different.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz52 View Post
From what i know and understand the International Boxing Organisation is the only one to use computerized rankings.

But im with Josey here for sure, **** each and every single one of them
Thanks daz ,My biggest problem with these type of bodies is they have robbed fans of some brilliant fights over the years all down to petty inter org rowing , Calzaghe would have been undisputed years earlier if he had been granted the Ottke fight . we all know who each champ is in any given weight division but there will always be a bloke like Geale for instance laying claim to being champ as he holds a minority strap ( No diss to Geale intended there either) but just look at the WBA they have 2-3 champs for each weight sometimes and its ruining the sport . One World One Champ per weight class

Phil by the dramatic divide in the looks department between you and your lady i would advise you to ply her with booze as a back up plan .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum