Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Inside the head of Khoder Nasser

Personally.......I regard Nasser as a lying, unethical son of a bitch, but I have to admit that he has handled Mundine brilliantly from a Business viewpoint. So I thought I might take you guys for a journey through the machinations of the mind of this twisted individual........

It is May 2006 ........shortly after the Green fight and Nasser is a worried man....... He knows that Mundine has a Mandatory due against Kessler and this is not a fight that he wants to risk at this stage.......but there seems to be no other option. He either takes the fight or Mundine drops maybe 5 places in the rankings.

Then out of the blue...... a lifeline from Team Palle.........Kessler has requested a postponement of his fight with Mundine so that he can fight Marcus Beyer (the WBC Champion) in a unification bout.
If Nasser agrees, then Palle will guarantee that Mundine will get a shot at the Unified Title....... It will work like this....... Kessler fights Beyer in a Unification Bout........The winner will then defend the Title against the WBC Mandatory in Andrade........The winner of that bout to defend the Unified Title against Mundine.

Nasser wastes no time in agreeing to the deal knowing that If Kessler wins, under WBA regs, he will be promoted to Unified Champion by the WBA leaving Mundine to fight either Lacy or Soliman for the Secondary Title. (He believes a fight against either, is more winnable than a fight against Kessler)
If Kessler perchance loses, Mundine will then fight either Beyer or Andrade which he regards as an easier option.

Also Nasser realises, that in the event of a Kessler victory, under WBA regs, Mundine would have 18 months minimum before he was obligated to fight Kessler.

Time passes....... Kessler does as expected and Unifies the Title and makes his first obligatory defence against Andrade in March 2007.

While Kessler is fighting Beyer it gives Nasser a chance to get some more spending money for Mundine by fighting a real tomato can in Acosta......

While Kessler is defending his Title........ Mundine fights Soliman in the same month......... A fight that Nasser believes is much easier than the Kessler option.
There was no real neccessity for Mundine to fight Soliman as Kessler was obligated to fight Mundine already and in fact Mundine was risking a loss against Soliman (unlikely.......but a risk nevertheless)
Why would Mundine fight for a Secondary Title when he was already guaranteed a shot at the Unified Title?
The answer is obvious........ At no stage did Nasser intend for Mundine to risk a Kessler fight until all options had been exhausted.
He can bleat about the money all he likes, but he never had any intention of enforcing the contract with Team Palle.

Nasser hurriedly arranges a fight against another Tomato can in Nievas...........again more spending money for no real risk.

Palle contacts Nasser to arrange the fight...... Nasser disputes the money offerred by Palle, knowing full well that if he wanted to enforce the Kessler option then he could force a Purse Bid.
Palle was in no position to enforce the fight with Mundine as it wasn't a WBA Mandatory but an arrangement between the 2 parties.

Nasser now has the breathing space that he wants for Mundine.

Mundine will not have to meet Kessler for 18 months.......21 months if Kessler defeats Calzaghe.

If Calzaghe should dethrone Kessler, then Mundine will again have 21 months before he has to risk a fight with Calzaghe.

It's a win......win situation........

Nasser having knocked back the option twice to fight Kessler can now continue to line up Tomatoe Can opponents for Mundine, and Mundine can continue to count his money.

If you don't mind......I'd like to get outside of Nasser's head now........it isn't very pleasant in here.....kinda seedy.....This guy is one sick ****er.

BTW........ I am not saying for certain that this was the way Mundine intended for it to work out, but just on the balance of probabilities......the most likely scenario.

The fact is that Mundine has turned down 2 chances to fight Kessler for recognised Titles in the last 12 months........You tell me the reason.

Last edited by oztriker; 06-23-2007 at 08:17 AM.
oztriker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
tills9191
Journeyman

Default Re: Inside the head of Khoder Nasser

wow , u must do a lot of researching Oz about Mundine..u must be real infatuated with him...but we all know Mundine is a coward, thats for sure..
whats the definition of a ''tomato can'' anyway plz?
tills9191 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tills9191
wow , u must do a lot of researching Oz about Mundine..u must be real infatuated with him...but we all know Mundine is a coward, thats for sure..
whats the definition of a ''tomato can'' anyway plz?
Nah mate......most of it is in my head already from reading newspapers and listening to sports programmes........ The only thing I have to check normally are the dates involved ........which takes only a few mins.

It beats the hell out of watching the Swans get smashed.

Sorry.......didn't notice your question.......Tomato Can is a a shithouse fighter.

Last edited by oztriker; 06-23-2007 at 08:15 AM.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
tills9191
Journeyman

yea i know the swans got hammered
tills9191 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #5
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tills9191
yea i know the swans got hammered
Not a happy OZ
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

It looks like team Mundine has 3 things in mind for Anthony......

1. Safety first..dont fight anybody that can beat Mundine
2. Money...get as much of it as possible
3. Keep the regular title as long as they can.

That sux.........until the people stop paying for PPV and stop going to the fight live then Khoder has a problem...but for now he will just continue with some more WBA top 20 to 35 guys.

Anyhow I will see you at the fight...hehe...so you can blame me if you like.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
It looks like team Mundine has 3 things in mind for Anthony......

1. Safety first..dont fight anybody that can beat Mundine
2. Money...get as much of it as possible
3. Keep the regular title as long as they can.

That sux.........until the people stop paying for PPV and stop going to the fight live then Khoder has a problem...but for now he will just continue with some more WBA top 20 to 35 guys.

Anyhow I will see you at the fight...hehe...so you can blame me if you like.
I am not saying for certain the scenario that I tabled is correct.......but given the facts presented......If money was the prime motive.......Wouldn't you pull the same strings as Nasser?

My issue is not with Mundine's undoubted ability.......It is with all the Bullshit manipulation of fans and the Media and constant harping about "legacy" when all evidence points to the contrary.......

He doesn't give a **** about the Fans or his "Legacy".......It's all about the money.

Last edited by oztriker; 06-23-2007 at 06:35 PM.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #8
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker
I am not saying for certain the scenario that I tabled is correct.......but given the facts presented......If money was the prime motive.......Wouldn't you pull the same strings as Nasser?

My issue is not with Mundine's undoubted ability.......It is with all the Bullshit manipulation of fans and the Media and constant harping about "legacy" when all eveidence points to the contrary.......

He doesn't give a **** about the Fans or his "Legacy".......It's all about the money.
OZ I just read another ststement of Mundines saying he wants to be the best fighter out of Australia.... f... he needs to win three world titles in three divisions to do that and he is still looking for his first title. Better get his ass into gear.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #9
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
OZ I just read another ststement of Mundines saying he wants to be the best fighter out of Australia.... f... he needs to win three world titles in three divisions to do that and he is still looking for his first title. Better get his ass into gear.
Yep......He could have started the ball rolling by fighting Kessler for the Unified Title........ But the "regular" Title was far more important.

If he fought Kessler now and lost.....bang goes his paper Title and he also drops 5 places in the rankings........

Do you see where I'm coming from now?

Clever boy that Nasser.

How old is Mundine again?....... 32 ........Like you said.......He best get his arse into gear real quick.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
The Man 247
Journeyman

Lets get on 2GB and tell them this. What a phoney manager. I am going to call Mundine and ask to be his manager. This is such greed. A real shame.
The Man 247 is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man 247
Lets get on 2GB and tell them this. What a phoney manager. I am going to call Mundine and ask to be his manager. This is such greed. A real shame.
all boxing managers are shady.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:08 AM   #12
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppercut
khoder nasser is a genious. he is also mundines muslim brother. you blokes are fringe dwellers. you understand only what you hear........and everything you see.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 02:58 AM   #13
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
khoder nasser is a genious. he is also mundines muslim brother. you blokes are fringe dwellers. you understand only what you hear........and everything you see.
what the **** does his religion have to do with it?

**** off with that shit arsehole
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #14
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
mate. you have no idea of the scope of nassers future in boxing. only people with talent come from nowhere to somewhere in any avenue of life. khoder is young, well connected, liked by those whom matter, is honest, respected by media (no bad press eh) and has no desire to be in the limelight.
and he's also Mundines Muzzy brudda, right?

dickhead
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 03:24 AM   #15
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You guys need to get your argument straight?! As mentioned to me it is brilliance. The only idiots to blame are those that pay for the PPV when the opponents are clearly not going to come close. eg. How was Soliman ever going to beat him? how was Lester Ellis ever going to beat him? He picks on guys that are 1-2 weights below and have no serious power. As I said brilliant marketing as his PPV's destroy any other boxer Autralia has ever produced- Green and Tszyu included.

If you are arguing however he wants to be p4p the best, yes he should fiught Kessler but we know that talk is cheap. He will not fight Kessler unless it is in Oz again.

For my mind Nasser deserves a heap of respect we you love or hate him.
shiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum