Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117
Default Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream today/tonight

Tomorrow night European Super Bantamweight champion Bernard Dunne(24-0-0 , 14 ko's) faces young unbeaten Spanish prospect Kiko Martinez(16-0-0 , 13ko's) .

As always there will be a stream for the fight available from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] watchable world wide . The stream starts at 21:30 Irish time or 16:30 Eastern United States . I reckon Dunne will be on sometime between 22:45-23:15(Irish)/17:45-18:15(East US) but there is plenty of other good bouts and the stream last till 01:00/20:00 .

The undercard includes Tony Oakey(24-2-0 ,6ko's) v Brian Magee(28-3-0 ,19ko's) for the British Light Heavyweight title , aswell as the homecomming of top middleweight prospect Andy Lee and also featuring Matthew Macklin .

The full card is: Dunne v Martinez-European Super-Bantamweight title
Oakey v Magee-British Light-Heavyweight title
Macklin v Darren Rhodes-8 rounds Middleweight
Andy Lee v Ciarán Healy-8 rounds Middleweight
Paul McCloskey v Alfredo Di Feto-8 rounds Light-Welterweight
Nicky Smedley v Darius Snarski-6 rounds Light-Welterweight
Willie Thompson v Athur Jashkul-4 rounds Welterweight

Should be a great nights boxing , and it's probably the best card we've had in ireland for about 10 years .

Last edited by BigEars; 08-25-2007 at 08:10 AM.
BigEars is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
TheGoldenBoy#1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream tomorrow night

are you sure that stream is available world wide???

Tried to get the Dublin Vs Laois match streamed off the rte website in Peru but it was outside the allowed territory or something....

In Argentina so might try it here.

thanks for the heads up anyways. will able to listen to it on online radio at least.

This kiko martinez. 21 year old knock out artist. is he any good do you know or just hype?
TheGoldenBoy#1 is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
Tuavale
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream tomorrow night

Any weigh in info on these fights?
Tuavale is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Is the fight free to air on santana? And will they be showing Andy Lee?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream tomorrow nigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenBoy#1
are you sure that stream is available world wide???

Tried to get the Dublin Vs Laois match streamed off the rte website in Peru but it was outside the allowed territory or something....

In Argentina so might try it here.

thanks for the heads up anyways. will able to listen to it on online radio at least.

This kiko martinez. 21 year old knock out artist. is he any good do you know or just hype?
Ya it's World Wide(unlike the GAA as Setanta in the United States have the rights to the Americas) I even checked the RTE web site and it said so .

The fight is also on Setanta Sports 1 in the UK , who are repeating the Morales v Diaz fight first(from 22:30) then also starting coverage at 21:30 and finishing at 00:30 . Lee's fight will definintely be shown on both RTE and Setanta but it will most likely be pre-recorded and not live .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 05:45 PM   #6
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Good lookin out once again BigEars!! I will check it out for sure and I really enjoyed the last fight you put up of Dunne. Thanks in advance.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #7
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream today/tonight

The day of reckoning is upon us , here is some of Dunne's views on the fight:
Irish star Bernard Dunne believes he will launch himself onto the world stage with a successful defence of his European super-bantamweight title tomorrow night.

Dunne is preparing for the hardest test of his career when he makes a mandatory defence against Spain's Kiko Martinez, who is unbeaten in 16 fights with 13 knockouts, in Dublin's Point arena.

The Dubliner has already become the most popular Irish fighters since his hero Barry McGuigan ruled the world of boxing and he wants to follow in his footsteps.

Dunne will be making the third defence of the title he won with a points decision over Sheffield's Esham Pickering last year and he expects Martinez to pose him some problems.

'His record shows that he is a big puncher and I have seen some tapes when he has knocked a few guys out cold. It's the fight that everyone has been waiting to see - to see how I handle him,' said Dunne, who is ranked in the top 10 by all the major governing bodies.

'Once I do beat him I think the rest of the world will sit up and take notice and I'll be on the radar of the four main world champions.

'But you know people say that he is a step up for me but I would say that this fight is a huge step up for Martinez because he hasn't fought anyone like me.

'He hasn't fought anyone in my class and he has to come and try and take my title in Dublin so let's see how he handles it.

'I won't be standing in front of him letting him hit me - I'll be moving all the time, making him work and keeping him under pressure, keeping him thinking.'

Dunne also feels that the passionate Irish crowd will play a part in victory for their hero as well.

'Martinez will not know what's hit him. He'll be wetting himself when he hears the crowd,' added Dunne.

'I don't care who you are, that crowd gets to you and he has never been on this stage before where I have and I know how to handle it.

'It's going to be an exciting fight but there's no way I'm letting him get away with my title when I've worked so hard to get to where I am and with a world title so close.

'I try not to think too much about a world title because I have to concentrate on Martinez but I know I'm not too far away from it and I'm ready to fight any of the world champions.'-source RTE.ie

and to help you get hyped up here is Dunne's second last fight [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 04:32 PM   #8
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream today/tonight

Coverage is starting very soon , just a couple of mins to go now :[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

enjoy!
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

One last bump for this fantastic thread (thanks a lot!), everyone go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] now and click the play button on the right side of the screen.
Chillman is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 05:05 PM   #10
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Matthew Macklin ko 4 Darren Rhodes .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #11
Bostonmma

Has it started yet? I can't find the link for the live feed.
Bostonmma is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Andy Lee RTD 4 Ciaráb Healy .

Ya coverage has started , click Chillman's link , and it's there on the right(Pro box live)
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:05 PM   #13
the mean machine
Professional rat catcher
ESB Jr Member

Thanks for the tip
the mean machine is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:11 PM   #14
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Once again thank you very much BigEars. Very kind of you to take the time to hook us all up!
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #15
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Looks like Dunne vs Martinez is starting right now!

Thanks for the link!

How'd Andy look?
nervousxtian is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum