Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #31
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream today/tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Do you have sympathy for china chinned guys who can't make it out of the first mate?
Nope, I've just seen Dunne fight before. It's boxing, out of every fight 50% of the participants lose. It's how it works.

It's ****ers like you who hold every lose to such scrutiny that guys don't fight more often and are chooiser about who they fight.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2007, 06:34 PM   #32
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Kiko Martinez-European S.Bantam title , live stream today/tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuavale
The first punch was a temple shot that Dunne couldn't recover from. What an upset! I know (now) Kiko can punch but if you check his record, he went the distance with some very ordinary fighters. Dunne will return and have some success on the regional stage, like he's been doing.
Exactly, Kiko is a strong guy but I don't think his power is a reflection of tonight, but more or less Dunne's fragile jaw. Time will tell though.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:36 PM   #33
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
Nope, I've just seen Dunne fight before. It's boxing, out of every fight 50% of the participants lose. It's how it works.

It's ****ers like you who hold every lose to such scrutiny that guys don't fight more often and are chooiser about who they fight.
It's not losing a fight here and there, it's getting starched in 1 in your first step up, big difference. And PLEASE, I STICK UP for guys who can't get a break, I despise when promoters over protect fighters who will never amount to anything and then guys who have the potential to be P4P get avoided heavily.

I'd have held nothing against Dunne if he lost tonight, but he didn't just lose, he couldn't even give the opponent a round, that's indicative of what his chances are in my book and I have seen him before, he's average at best.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #34
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
You're not the first and you won't be the last. But come on you must have at least suspected that it was coming sooner or later.
I knew the likes of Marquez , Vasquez , Ponce De Leon etc would do that to him(take him out in 3) but I thought he might be able to stand up to Molitor(not now though) .

Andy Lee , John Duddy , James Moore , Paul McCloskey , Martin Lindsay there is plenty of other good fighters out there to lead on Irish boxing now .

Even if Dunne can't make it at World level(he'll always be good enough for European once he's not in with a real banger) he's been a pioneer and has lead the resurge in Irish boxing . He's done a lot for the sport in this country and will be my favourite fighter till he retires .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #35
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 566

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars
I knew the likes of Marquez , Vasquez , Ponce De Leon etc would do that to him(take him out in 3) but I thought he might be able to stand up to Molitor(not now though) .

Andy Lee , John Duddy , James Moore , Paul McCloskey , Martin Lindsay there is plenty of other good fighters out there to lead on Irish boxing now .

Even if Dunne can't make it at World level(he'll always be good enough for European once he's not in with a real banger) he's been a pioneer and has lead the resurge in Irish boxing . He's done a lot for the sport in this country and will be my favourite fighter till he retires .
Absolutely. I'm half irish and most of my family are still in dublin. You have to repsect what the marketing of Dunne has achieved. I hope he bounces back and Irish boxing moves forward. But despite all of Dunne's skill his weakness have been clear for a while now. Credit to you or sticking with your man.

Edit: When I say the marketing of Dunne, i'm not putting him down, he's achieved a lot. I'm merely talking about the talk of world titles etc.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:59 PM   #36
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
yeah the atmosphere looked great in there.

shame dunne just hasn't quite got the minerals to back it up.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #37
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
I don't rate Duddy TBH. He's going to come up well short of true world class imho.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #38
dwilson

vCash:

Oakey got a majority draw and kept the title, fuking weird scores. I had Oakey far in front, Mgoo looked poor.

Andy Lee looks very promising, although against a light-middle with a very very poor 6-5-1 (i think) he should. Geard Ajetovic or P J. Maxwell would be good next, dangerous but if he is as good as he looks he should win.

Dunne. Damm. That was a shocker. Kiko blew him away with ease, first Hunter gets starched and now Dunne. I guess we should have read the sighns of him being downed before but I never saw that coming. Kiko looks hot.

Dunne is a great guy but Domestic level only.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #39
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
I don't rate Duddy TBH. He's going to come up well short of true world class imho.
I agree it's unlikely he'll win a World title , but I think he's good enough to win the European and he would have a small punchers chance against the likes of Sturm(although most likely he gets his ears boxed off) .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #40
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Oh well sorry about your boy BigEars, but thanks again for the link.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #41
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Hey, Dunne has given us same great fights, not every guy is going to be a champ, but who gives a rip. He's been a good fighter to watch, and he'll be back.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #42
geppy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2166

That is surprising, the Spaniard anhilited Dunne! How good can the Spaniard Martinez be? He f#cking wrecked Dunne, who looked to be a good fighter.
geppy is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #43
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe wrenched
Oh well sorry about your boy BigEars, but thanks again for the link.
No problem , I'll post a link again when the next fight on tv in Ireland is on ,probably will be Andy Lee or John Duddy but Duddy's fights can't be viewed from North America on the stream due to viewing rights .

I'd really like to see more of Martinez now , he's interested in fighting in Ireland again and that could be possible since he has a English promoter with connections to Brian Peters .

Martinez could become big interest here as the man who destroyed the nations goldenboy , I'd certainly pay to see him try and do that to Esham Pickering , Reidar Walstad(who has an iron chin and decent punch but wouldn't be as skilled) or any fighter above European level .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #44
Sonny Carson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Exactly, Kiko is a strong guy but I don't think his power is a reflection of tonight, but more or less Dunne's fragile jaw. Time will tell though.
Two of the guy's he went the distance with had good chin's, I think he can punch.
Sonny Carson is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 AM   #45
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

My lord, that was a sick beat-down. I felt bad for Dunne when he was talking to the crowd after the fight. All that hype and *poof* 3 KD's and the fight's over in just 1:31.
paulfv is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum