mann187 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Julius Francis in Cage Rage

Oh dear...I've watched that on Setanta...its like watching fights after the pub.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Upsetting.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

shame. was once a very dangerous domestic operator. his pro record is a ****ing joke though now, went on chasing them pay checks far too long.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #5
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

He probably got tired of plodding after lazy and inactive "prospects" like Roman Greenberg and hearing "100-90" scorecards.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #6
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
shame. was once a very dangerous domestic operator. his pro record is a ****ing joke though now, went on chasing them pay checks far too long.
He has a very solid record I see nothing there to be embarassed of.
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #7
dwilson

vCash:

Cage rage is shit. I'll admit to being a fan of MMA but cage rage is like car park fighting. The main heaveyweight they have is a guy called colossus and he is a huge man mountain but was destroyed inabout 30 secs by butterbean.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Cage rage is shit. I'll admit to being a fan of MMA but cage rage is like car park fighting. The main heaveyweight they have is a guy called colossus and he is a huge man mountain but was destroyed inabout 30 secs by butterbean.
Yep MMA can be a good watch but I much prefer watching the 'strikers' rather than the Ju Jistu/ wrestling guys.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #9
Hitman_Hatton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Im a big MMA fan and Francis is making a big mistake. His conditioning is questionable and unless his opponent decides to stand there and trade with him he is ****ed its as simple as that.
Hitman_Hatton is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #10
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman_Hatton
Im a big MMA fan and Francis is making a big mistake. His conditioning is questionable and unless his opponent decides to stand there and trade with him he is ****ed its as simple as that.
Mercer-Kimbo?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
Hitman_Hatton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

as i said unless Francis is ****ed unless his opponent stands with him much like Mercer was.
Hitman_Hatton is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 PM   #12
dwilson

vCash:

The fact is that cage rage is very sub par and if Julius comes to fight he may win. Who is he lined up against?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze
He has a very solid record I see nothing there to be embarassed of.
Its not solid.Julius was a good pro and an able journeyman.But his not won a fight since he beat Steffan Nielsen nearly 4 years ago.Since then his lost about 14 bouts on the trot.Thats nothing more than a guy who turns up out of shape just to pick up a pay check. Julius is a dam fine dude and i used to train with him at the Pea****s but his nothing more than a shell of the fighter he was capable of being.Its just a shame to see him turn up the way he does just to cash a chip.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #14
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
James Thompson was originally fighting for PRIDE.His relatively new to MMA but is a fairly known quantity in the east.As big as he is his sub game is pretty much non existent and his power despite his size is scant.His striking leaves alot to be desired and his chin is very flaky.This being said he loves what he does and is an extremely hard worker and a genuine nice guy.

BUT if you think his a world beater your way off the mark.CR just doesnt have any "real" names.The ones they do have are hasbeens like Kimo Vitor and Mark Kerr.And the guys that get out in the ring with them are cans like David Legeno.Legeno is nothing more than doorman turned actor turned reality hardman.His not what MMA represents and is nothing more than a meathead.If he thinks beating guys like Kimo is going to get him recognised his sorely mistaken.This is what hampers CR as well as there penchant for signing freakshows like Butterbean and Sapp coupled with there small size as an org already.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #15
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
James Thompson was originally fighting for PRIDE.His relatively new to MMA but is a fairly known quantity in the east.As big as he is his sub game is pretty much non existent and his power despite his size is scant.His striking leaves alot to be desired and his chin is very flaky.This being said he loves what he does and is an extremely hard worker and a genuine nice guy.

BUT if you think his a world beater your way off the mark.CR just doesnt have any "real" names.The ones they do have are hasbeens like Kimo Vitor and Mark Kerr.And the guys that get out in the ring with them are cans like David Legeno.Legeno is nothing more than doorman turned actor turned reality hardman.His not what MMA represents and is nothing more than a meathead.If he thinks beating guys like Kimo is going to get him recognised his sorely mistaken.This is what hampers CR as well as there penchant for signing freakshows like Butterbean and Sapp coupled with there small size as an org already.
James Thompson certainly looks the part. When I first heard about him and that he had fought in Pride I wanted to find out more. Kinda wish I had'nt. I've seen his Pride performances and live in Britain, he is very poor in the wider scale of things. You are right on all accounts about his ability but I never said any different.

I like watching Cage Rage so they are filling that gap for us Brits but talent wise your right its has beens and never gonna be's.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum