Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 06:19 AM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Couture CC

Well after seeing Randy do the unbelieveable AGAIN im pretty sure it may be safe to say that Randy may be able to put CC into retirement.I never ever thought he could do it.Certainly not at heavyweight and at his age but i guess Randy like B Hop is like fine wine.I think this match has to be made now.Randy never ****ed up.Cro Cop did.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2007, 06:31 AM   #2
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493
Default Re: Couture CC

CroCop doesn't deserve it right now, and a win over Kongo isn't enough to earn it.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #3
Hrak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 328

Quote:
CroCop doesn't deserve it right now, and a win over Kongo isn't enough to earn it.
True, but regardless, its a big money fight and highly in demand, so bring it on.
Hrak is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 07:11 AM   #4
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
It's still an attractive fight, let's see how he looks. Cro Cop has a very good record and a solid resume, if he looks great in his next, why not? It'll add extra to the resume of whoever wins.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Cros always has a strikers chance but Couture is the better fighter. If Cro can't finish Couture, he won't win.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs

When has deserving anything ever meant anything to ZUffa

I agree, the winner of Vera and Sylvia probably have a better claim to this, but Mirko is the most expensive fighter in their stable and time-line wise would make much more sense to slot in against Couture.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

I think Couture has as easier match against CC then he did Gonzaga, CC has never been pinned against a cage and in the clinch much.randy wanted to fight CC before gonzaga because CC is an easier matchup for him. Randy can easily take CC out of his game, a clinch or a takedown and mirko is rendered useless.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 02:10 PM   #8
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Im very sure Couture would maul the limited Cro Cop and take his heart away minutes in.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM   #9
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

Couture would probably push him into the fence, hold him there and suck the life out of him. CC has a kicker's chance, no doubt, but the octagon favors Couture. And Randy's striking and wrestling looks to be at its highest level...ever. The guy is 44 and getting better.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #10
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I refuse to pass judgement on this fight until Mirko fights Kongo. I'll get back to you guys in two weeks with my thoughts.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM   #11
iksrtfo
Jedi Knight of Poon

I don't think it's a matter of whether CC deserves it or not but a matter if fans want to see it or not. That's how I think it should be anyway.
iksrtfo is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #12
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Ye, i definitely wanna see this fight, but i'd rather see Couture-Fedor. What if CC knocks Couture out? Is he going to retire? I'd rather not risk it .

P.S. Did you see Couture WALK through Gonzaga's head kicks?
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #13
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Ye, i definitely wanna see this fight, but i'd rather see Couture-Fedor. What if CC knocks Couture out? Is he going to retire? I'd rather not risk it .

P.S. Did you see Couture WALK through Gonzaga's head kicks?
Of course everyone did. But Gonzaga also did not set them up properly, he doesn't have the kicking skill of Cro Cop and others.

Gonzaga is still a great potential, he has decent speed for a big man and already established jiu jitsu skill, inexperience played a big part in this loss. It was rather an ugly win, but an effective one.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #14
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Yea but sprawls are effective against guys like coleman who go for leg take takedowns, Randy's clinch is world class and has perfected it to take away his oppenents strong points. When CC beat Coleman it was a joke He turned away Coleman takedowns with ease and embarrased coleman. I wouldn't say CC will even get by Kongo it's a tough match for him. if CC should fight Randy i'll bet the odss would heavily favour Randy. CC is too 1 dimensional and Randy would have a simple gameplan for that.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #15
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
How so? How is he limited? He has a strength, just like Chuck, does that make him limited as well? Both have awesome sprawls when on their A game, Cro just made a mistake against Gonzaga. He's known as having one of the best sprawls in the game.

It would take a while to take his heart away, but I think Randy's Greco style wrestling would be better for taking him down than the normal shoot.
I think hes limited in the sense that hes not very good on the ground if Couture got him down im very sure Couture would bust him up and probablly pass his guard easily. I know Cros kicks are devestating but Randys smart hed scout them very well I know he did get caught once last night but the other times Gonzaga threw it Couture slipped it and caught it. If your plan to beat Randy Couture is to use ur feet im sorry but ur probablly ****ed hes to smart and great of a Wrestler. As long as Randy can close the distance,get him into the fence he mauls him.
jimmie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum