Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default enice Borkhorsor

Tell me something about this well regarded but rarely spoken about Thai.

Anyone seen his fights with Gonzalez, Herrera and Martinez?

Last edited by WhataRock; 04-21-2009 at 10:47 PM.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: enice Borkhorsor

Bump. I'm also interested in hearing whatever anyone has to say. Let's get Mantequilla, Raging B(_)LL, AREA 53, and scartissue in here.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 04:50 AM   #3
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I have the Borkhorsor v Herrera fight, but I must admit that I do not remember how it went. I will have a look tonight, and come back.

Woller
Woller is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 05:44 AM   #4
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

i think he won fly tittle in 72 then gave it up in 73 ,had a very decent punch .not sure but think he lost about 8 fights in total but think only lost 1 or 2 at fly all his other defeats came at bantam .
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woller View Post
I have the Borkhorsor v Herrera fight, but I must admit that I do not remember how it went. I will have a look tonight, and come back.

Woller
I recently spoke about him in the what fights have you seen recently thread. Gave Herrera a nightmare from what I saw (about 7 rounds) . Was unlucky not to become Thailands first 2 weight titleholder. He impressed me.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 AM   #6
Woller
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I have just watched the Herrera - Borkhorsor fight. My copy is only 31 minutes, so not all rounds are there. From what I see the fight was very even, so a close decision win for Herrera could be okay. Borkhorsor looks to be the smaller man against Herrera, but broadshouldered and very strong. Herrera seems to have problems with Borkhorsors southpaw stance, but good fight, and I would love to see more of Borkhorsor (And Herrera too, for that matter)

Woller
Woller is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #7
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Here's what I wrote on the other thread about Borkorsor/Herrera.

Just watched an interesting one though incomplete, about 6 or 7 rounds. Rafael Herrera vs Venice Borkorsor.
I thought Borkorsor the former WBC flyweight champ might of been unlucky in not becoming his country's first double champ here as he boxed a great fight from his southpaw stance. he continually moved backwards and to his left punishing Herrera by continually getting outside Herrera's right cross to land left hand counters flush. Rafael just couldn't deal with it and ended up badly banged up, specially round the right eye. It was one of the worst swellings I ever seen.
Herrera came forward throughout the fight and it was a gruelling battle for both men.
Rafael won a split decision with scores of 143-141, 144-142 and 141-145 Borkorsor. The unofficial upi score was 143-141 Borkorsor.
If anyones got the full fight I'd love to see it.
Funny enough I've just read up on Borkorsors title challenge against Rodolfo Martinez where it sounded like he was causing the same problems early on until Martinez worked it out and started switching between southpaw and orthodox.
Again Borkorsor took it to a split decision. On this occasion though in Thailand.
Venice, another one of those forgotten men.
AlFrancis is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
scartissue
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
Here's what I wrote on the other thread about Borkorsor/Herrera.

Just watched an interesting one though incomplete, about 6 or 7 rounds. Rafael Herrera vs Venice Borkorsor.
I thought Borkorsor the former WBC flyweight champ might of been unlucky in not becoming his country's first double champ here as he boxed a great fight from his southpaw stance. he continually moved backwards and to his left punishing Herrera by continually getting outside Herrera's right cross to land left hand counters flush. Rafael just couldn't deal with it and ended up badly banged up, specially round the right eye. It was one of the worst swellings I ever seen.
Herrera came forward throughout the fight and it was a gruelling battle for both men.
Rafael won a split decision with scores of 143-141, 144-142 and 141-145 Borkorsor. The unofficial upi score was 143-141 Borkorsor.
If anyones got the full fight I'd love to see it.
Funny enough I've just read up on Borkorsors title challenge against Rodolfo Martinez where it sounded like he was causing the same problems early on until Martinez worked it out and started switching between southpaw and orthodox.
Again Borkorsor took it to a split decision. On this occasion though in Thailand.
Venice, another one of those forgotten men.
Don't forget he also decked Martinez in that bout. No mean feat and also at bantam he knocked out one of the hardest banging 118 lbers around in Julio Guerrero. At 112 he beat #1 contender Fernando Cabanela to gain his title shot, brutally stopped Betulio Gonzalez (nobody brutally stops Betulio Gonzalez) and from what I've read whitewashed Erbito Sallavarria over 15 rounds. I rate Borkorsor very highly.

Scartissue
scartissue is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

very interesting stuff any more?
GPater11093 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum