Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #31
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: GREATEST PUNCHERS OF THE LAST 10 years

We should consider the quality of opposition that they have actually KOd. Because that would determine if it is a world-class power or not. And last ten years? So that would mean from 1997 up to now.

With that, here is my list.

Tito Trinidad
Naseem Hamed
Chico Corrales
Manny Pacquaio
Rafael Marquez

All of their big wins are through KOs or TKOs. And the quality of their oppostion is one of the best IMO.
Morrissey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInvasion
Naseem # 1
he got it right...ok people wrap it up it's over he got the right answer

what you still readin fuk of i said

dont make me call the police...now comon stop readin

thats it im calling them.(pick up phone dials number)........just gettin through just wait.....hello<yea wat you want bruv
<im getting pestered by posters
<poster hey! bats****s they are
<like totally well can you come over to the greatest puncher of the last 10 years thread and close it down

<.........................no
<cool speak to ya later bless
<bless mon
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #33
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West
he got it right...ok people wrap it up it's over he got the right answer

what you still readin fuk of i said

dont make me call the police...now comon stop readin

thats it im calling them.(pick up phone dials number)........just gettin through just wait.....hello<yea wat you want bruv
<im getting pestered by posters
<poster hey! bats****s they are
<like totally well can you come over to the greatest puncher of the last 10 years thread and close it down

<.........................no
<cool speak to ya later bless
<bless mon

lol
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 PM   #34
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

NAZ...P4P, the dude hit like a truck!
stillafan is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #35
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel
If you read my post you'd see I agreed that Tszyu was one of the great punchers of the past 10 years.

Anyway, the Chavez that Tszyu stopped was a shell of his former self having already been stopped twice before Kostya got to him. Zab Judah on the other hand was a good win but as he's since proved, his chin isn't fantastic. To claim Judah was a much better win than some of the proven champs on Hamed's resume is to do them a major disservice.

You also failed to explain a point I made in my previous post. You give Pac credit for carrying his power up in weight with him yet refuse to do the same for Naz. Care to explain, or is it just hatred?
naz only went from bantam to featherweight. he never jumped the divisions PAC jumped
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #36
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGEREDGE
I would say kostya tszyu was the greatest puncher of the last ten years. he truly had great one punch ko power. few fighters recovered from a shot by him. Look at the ko of zab judah and sharmba mitchell

Manny pac must be given great credit for carrying his power up all those weights and knocking out morales and barerra. that is a great achievement.

TITO trinidad was not ELITE ATG puncher in my view. he just fell short. look at the vargas, reid, joppy fights. he hurt them many times but couldn't finish them. tito could punch but not in the same league as a jackson, foster or archie moore

I think de la hoya was the bigger puncher.VARGAS never recovered from the first lethal shot he took from him. HE did when he got floored by TITO

As spectacular as some of his ko's were, naz never ko'd an elite fighter so he can't be considered a great puncher.

The fun here never stops.....I'm bookmarking this post in my "Crazy ESB posts" folder.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #37
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper

The fun here never stops.....I'm bookmarking this post in my "Crazy ESB posts" folder.
why whats so crazy about my opinions
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
I don't think its that crazy. Oscar was a great puncher, especially off the left hook. Maybe Tito was slightly better, but some people here are making out like he is feather fisted.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 09:42 PM   #39
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Cant believe that Tyson isn't being mentioned.

Concerning Tszyu, he hit hard, but it was more his pinpoint accuracy than raw power that felled his victims, but then again, everything counts when being a great puncher I guess.
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 PM   #40
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

Felix Trinidad has to be minimum top 2 or 3 of the past decade. And yes he had a lot more power than DLH..DLH could obviously put his punches together better but as far at 1 punch power goes it definitely goes to Trinidad. The only reason he didn't dispatch of Reid and Vargas in 1-2 rounds was because Tito was ripping hooks to their gloves/arms/shoulders..anything he wanted to..

BUT Once those punches landed it was over for them fools. Same goes for everyone Tito Ko'd
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 10:12 PM   #41
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict

I know Naz had great power but the guy didn't face much world class opposition..Trinidad fought so many more better caliber fighters than Naz..You could put 500 B level fighters in front of Trinidad and he'd knock them out no problem as well.
jecxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #42
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I don't think its that crazy. Oscar was a great puncher, especially off the left hook. Maybe Tito was slightly better, but some people here are making out like he is feather fisted.
No.....DLH is not feather fisted but he did not contain more punching power that Tito.

Ok, lets not even mention what has been done in the ring, Tito was just a naturally stronger puncher. I am aware good technique and speed can add great amounts to the effect of a punch but Tito had both great technique and underrated speed with his punches. Not that it would sway you or TIGER more but I've met both men and Tito has pretty massive hands and large thighs, DLH has smaller thighs and much smaller hands. No I was not checking them out I was at weigh ins.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 AM   #43
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
I guess you are right, you are entitled to your crazy opinions, we all are and that's why we post on these boards. I just think your completely wrong in your observation.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #44
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

ODH and Tito had about the same power in there left hook. The thing is that ODH could get it off from anywhere anytime in a fight. Tito had a better right hand. ODH showed more power with Mayorga but you can argue that it was after Tito was through with him. So if you want to generalize a puncher from accuracy, power, and knockouts of high level competition. ODH/Tito/Pac/Raf Marquez for sure/Cotto/Wlad/You could put Tsyu but he is overrated as all hell.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #45
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caper
No.....DLH is not feather fisted but he did not contain more punching power that Tito.

Ok, lets not even mention what has been done in the ring, Tito was just a naturally stronger puncher. I am aware good technique and speed can add great amounts to the effect of a punch but Tito had both great technique and underrated speed with his punches. Not that it would sway you or TIGER more but I've met both men and Tito has pretty massive hands and large thighs, DLH has smaller thighs and much smaller hands. No I was not checking them out I was at weigh ins.
I think you would see the difference just looking at the 2 fight. When Tito connected on a guy it didn't matter where he touched them Whether it was the chin, the body, arms. It didn't matter. You could see in the opponents face that he had just felt somethine unlike anyting he ever felt before. He was definatly a harder puncher.
thewoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum