Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #61
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: why do people still doubt cotto??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayala
Floyd and Cotto have four common opponents that being Judah,Juuko,Sosa,and Chop Chop Corley and Cotto beat them all in better
fashion so whyn does people make a big deal of Mayweather but still tend to put Cotto down.
Those four would not rank as Mayweather's four best wins. Cotto beat all of them after Mayweather. And Cotto beat two of them at a higher weight than Mayweather did(alot of fighters aren't as efffective when they move up). Lastly, look at both fighters, it's obvious which one is more highly skilled(that being said I still think Cotto is a very talented fighter).
BigReg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #62
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
because cotto isn't a loud mouth like mayweather i think

i dont get it, people complain about mayweather being a loud mouth etc etc

but when cotto says he will let his management choose his oponents people call him scared and/or a robot who cant speak for himself.
Are the same people making both statements? I doubt it. Therefore, it makes perfect sense that both are criticised for their brashness or lack there of. Some people like their fighters to be brash and talkative like Mayweather, others like their fighters to be quiet and reserved like Cotto.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #63
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
Bullshit.

Mosley cannot do that.
dude mosely was on a show with players from the NBA and NFL and it was like battle of the superstars or something like that and they did the 100, benchpress, longjump, and all sorts of other things. I saw him bench 315 12 times and he finished 5th in that event. All the others was amazed because shane was so small. All and all he didnt fair that well in that show I think that he finished like 12 out of 15 guys, but he did benchpress 315 12 times.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #64
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayala
Floyd and Cotto have four common opponents that being Judah,Juuko,Sosa,and Chop Chop Corley and Cotto beat them all in better
fashion so whyn does people make a big deal of Mayweather but still tend to put Cotto down.
Floyd was never had any problems with those fighters and Cotto did. Him stopping those guys and Floyd not doesnt mean that Cotto beat them in better fashion. that would be like saying a fighter that pulled out a late round tko was more impressive over a fighter that another fighter beat the piss out of for 12 rounds but didnt stop him. Or a better example is the fact that Paulie Mags beat N'dou much easier or in better fashion(to use your words) then Cotto did...What does that mean???
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #65
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
dude mosely was on a show with players from the NBA and NFL and it was like battle of the superstars or something like that and they did the 100, benchpress, longjump, and all sorts of other things. I saw him bench 315 12 times and he finished 5th in that event. All the others was amazed because shane was so small. All and all he didnt fair that well in that show I think that he finished like 12 out of 15 guys, but he did benchpress 315 12 times.
Impressive but doesnt do much for boxers, I hear Cotto squats a more than impressive weight, don't know about benchpresses though I do know squats add to your preformance in the ring improving overall strengh and helping the body release testosterone on a more regular basis.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #66
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
since he became champ at 140lb's people have been saying before every one of his fights that "this time he will get exposed" "this time his chin will let him down" etc etc

everytime somebody was supposed to "beat" him he came out more ruthless than ever and proved the critics wrong,

malignaggi and quintana were 'supposed' to outbox him and judah was a better "finisher" than chop chop and torres and was supposed to be the one who stops the hype,

now we hear that shane mosley is an EVEN better "finisher" than zab though i dont doubt this (shane is my favourite fighter along with cotto and i have seen what he can do!) i think it is stupid people still bringing up the corley and torres fight, corley also rocked floyd, torres has 28 ko's out of 30 fights and cotto also has come a long way since those fights

each and everytime cotto fights he is about to get "exposed"
It's not ONLY Cotto buddy, every fighter have doubters.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #67
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
because cotto isn't a loud mouth like mayweather i think

i dont get it, people complain about mayweather being a loud mouth etc etc

but when cotto says he will let his management choose his oponents people call him scared and/or a robot who cant speak for himself.
Dude, WTF? You think most people actually like what comes out of Floyd's mouth?

I don't understand the point of this thread. If Cotto took the kind of heat that Mayweather or Taylor receive, you might have a point. As it stands now, most of the people who trash him are the same fickle boxing "fans" who exploit any minute flaw that a fighter displays so they can talk shit. There were a lot more idiots ranting about his "glass jaw" after the Torres fight despite the fact that Miguel dusted himself off after talking a huge shot and came back to stop the guy. Most of them have shut their mouths after Cotto's past few performances though. If anyone still questions him, it's because his opposition has been good but not great. Mosely is by far his biggest challenge, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles himself.

If Cotto puts on a good show against Shane and a significant number of people still question him, then I would understand a response like this on your part. Until then, calm down.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #68
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
It's not ONLY Cotto buddy, every fighter have doubters.
Sad but true.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #69
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Who cares about bench presses, when technique and handspeed gives you more power than strength alone does.
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #70
RafaelGonzal
Champion
East Side Guru

OK I say this if Cotto wips Sugar shanes ass everyone else must shut the **** up finally. Cotto is a world class fighter a special fighter. Shane is a hall of famer who I respect for taking tough Challenges I have more respect for Mosely than any other fighter in the game today. The guy has fought the toughest comp of any fighter out there period. Cotto is supposed to kick his ass the table is set for Miguel this is his moment. Shane is not going to fold or just give in, Props to both fighters for taking this challenge. If Miguel wins then he is confirmed and everyone must shut the **** up, if he loses but does well, then a measure of respect please. I cant wait for this fight its the final test for Miguel.
RafaelGonzal is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 09:03 PM   #71
PR Boxing Lore
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson
Cotto is a good fighter but he is a very flawed fighter, which is the reason that so many people like him. Guy like Jones(in his prime), and Floyd are not flawed fighters or are too good in one area for anyone to expose those flaws, which is the reason that so many hate them.

I think that people doubt cotto because even though is hasnt stepped up to the elite class of fighters yet, he has been close in several fights to being knocked out. Corley had him out on his feet and almost out, as did Torres, and Abduleav. I think that very few have confidence in Cotto's chin. I think that he is a nasty KO waiting to happen.
Cotto is a good fighter, but he is a very flawed fighter?
PR Boxing Lore is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #72
He Hate Me
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

One thing for sure this fight will not go the distance.
He Hate Me is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 PM   #73
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Hate Me
One thing for sure this fight will not go the distance.
Really?

I happen to think the fight will go the distance with someone winning a UD or SD.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #74
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
stoooopid

he fought branco, quintana, urkal and judah
Like I said NONE of them could dent an egg! & Don't forget the powerful Malignaggi! Ha,Ha!
la-califa is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 PM   #75
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by la-califa
Like I said NONE of them could dent an egg! & Don't forget the powerful Malignaggi! Ha,Ha!
Damn Mexicans raining on our parade....

Q is actually a pretty big puncher when he puts them together, Joel felt some of those shots but he played it safe and didnt go in for the kill for fear of his own possible KTFO outcome. Joel Julio might not be the brightest bulb in pack but he sure packs a punch when he lands flush.
Caper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum