Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will you be attending Taylor vs Pavlik in AC?
Yes, I will be there! 7 30.43%
No, Damn it. Can't make this possible FOTY event. 16 69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #1
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default The Offical "Atlantic City, Here I come" Thread (9-29-07)

OK, heres a place where all us Pavlik & Taylor fans can let everyone out there know just how dedicated fans we are.

So who's all going to this event? It will be interesting to see just how many ESB members will be in attendance & may allow for some good dicussion by knowing whos' going & who's not...

Got my tix last week. Section 103.

I know King Dan will be there & a few Ohio resisdents from ESB will be making the trip, also.

Lets get those names posted here!
JETSKI is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: The Offical "Atlantic City, Here I come" Thread (9-29-07)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrese
How much were your tix man? I'm trying to get up there but I just haven't had any luck finding affordable seats...
I got (2) $200 seats for a friend & myself. Pretty sure there are more $100 tix available. maybe even some $50's. I'll go check Ticketmaster now & get back...

Just checked Ticketmaster.

$50 seats in section 217

$100 seats in section 204 (right behind sec. 103)

$200 seats in section 103

are still available.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

**** no. Im seeing Golota in MSG v Mccbride, and my man Paul Briggs on the undercard. Thats a sick card. **** this one. = ]
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

I had plans to go and see this fight. I live in Delaware - so that's was going to be a easy drive for me. However, I have to work in Boston on the 30th - which means I'm not going to be able to make it to this one.

But there is no way in hell I'll miss the Mosley vs. Cotto fight at MSG. I will be taking off Nov. 9 - to make sure I'm not working none that weekend.

Would have been nice if I could have made it to both. This has been a great year for boxing.

And **** that Golota fight - how the hell you choose a bullshit fight over a meaningful one. The whole Heavyweight Division is full of shit right now - let alone watching a fight that has a pass his prime - trying to make a comeback - fighter, who's only fighting because of the status of the Heavyweight Division. Bullshit.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr
**** no. Im seeing Golota in MSG v Mccbride, and my man Paul Briggs on the undercard. Thats a sick card. **** this one. = ]
Yeah, I'd like to see Maskaev Peter & seeing Golota (again) would be extra fun. But I'm locked in for AC & the Undisputed Middlewt Title fight. I highly doubt I could do both just a week apart.

Should AG win & I'm sure he will, rumor has it that he'll be fighting Briggs @ the Garden in Jan. 2008. I'll probly try to go see that one.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
doublesuited
Taylor TKO2 Pavlik
ESB Senior Member

I'll be ringside watching Jermain destroy Pavlik.
doublesuited is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Taylor wins by KO and looks good doing it.

Pavlik face explosed like the kid on the left - in my profile pic.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #8
Polo28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Just bought two 300 dollar tickets in section 119 row EE seats 3-4. For all that money i hope to see a good fight.
Polo28 is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo28
Just bought two 300 dollar tickets in section 119 row EE seats 3-4. For all that money i hope to see a good fight.
Those look like good seats. The other day I checked out some $300 seats & they showed them in section 13, which is on the floor & a bit closer to the ring. But being elevated further back is better anyway, like in sec 119. You'll be almost opposite across the ring from me in 103.

Where's all the Ohio guys that said they were going? Von Banbitos (sp?) said he was going, I think & a few others.

JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 08-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
jsimps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Those look like good seats. The other day I checked out some $300 seats & they showed them in section 13, which is on the floor & a bit closer to the ring. But being elevated further back is better anyway, like in sec 119. You'll be almost opposite across the ring from me in 103.

Where's all the Ohio guys that said they were going? Von Banbitos (sp?) said he was going, I think & a few others.

Don't worry Jetski, Ohio, especially Y-town will be represented. You will have the full experience of a Y-town crowd. It is like no other.
jsimps is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimps
Don't worry Jetski, Ohio, especially Y-town will be represented. You will have the full experience of a Y-town crowd. It is like no other.
Are there steel mills in Youngstown? If yes, then there must be a large Polish community. Even though Pavlik isn't Polsih (he's Slavic) I'm sure he has alot of Polish fans, plus ALL of Youngstown must be excited about Kellys chances to become the next Middleweight Champion!

You gonna be there?
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #12
jsimps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Are there steel mills in Youngstown? If yes, then there must be a large Polish community. Even though Pavlik isn't Polsih (he's Slavic) I'm sure he has alot of Polish fans, plus ALL of Youngstown must be excited about Kellys chances to become the next Middleweight Champion!

You gonna be there?
There were steel mills, however they have since closed. We were the steel capital of the world. We are an hour in between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Interstate 80 cuts right through us. Definitely a blue-collar town. Y-town has strong italian, irish, and slovak base. We produce champs; Boom-Boom, Arroyo, Lampkin, Shavers, Richardson, Kornicky, and Pavlik. So, I guess you can say we expect it.
jsimps is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #13
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
There were steel mills, however they have since closed. We were the steel capital of the world. We are an hour in between Cleveland and Pittsburgh. Interstate 80 cuts right through us. Definitely a blue-collar town. Y-town has strong italian, irish, and slovak base. We produce champs; Boom-Boom, Arroyo, Lampkin, Shavers, Richardson, Kornicky, and Pavlik. So, I guess you can say we expect it.
Welcome to the ESB forum. Just noticed your a newbie.

Are you from Youngstown? Ever see Kelly fight in the early part of his career? Ever meet him? I hear its not a problem to go & watch him train.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
jsimps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Welcome to the ESB forum. Just noticed your a newbie.

Are you from Youngstown? Ever see Kelly fight in the early part of his career? Ever meet him? I hear its not a problem to go & watch him train.
Born and raised here. I've seen Kelly fight and each time he gets better. I am friends with members of his team. I personally have not been to any of his trainings. I fought amatuer and his stable was our rival.
jsimps is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #15
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Born and raised here. I've seen Kelly fight and each time he gets better. I am friends with members of his team. I personally have not been to any of his trainings. I fought amatuer and his stable was our rival.
Thats cool. What weight did you fight at?

Do you know John D'Altorio, who takes care of some promotional stuff for Team Pavlik? He seems like a great guy. He invited us to the party after the fight being thrown by Boom Boom Mancini. You can't beat that!!!

JETSKI is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum