Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default ARTHUR Vs GOMEZ WHY?????

It seems to be going around just now that a rematch is on the cards between these guys, but why?

Don't get me wrong the 1st fight was FOTY but, does Arthur need Gomez?

Seems like Gomez needs Arthur more than Arthur needs Gomez. After the 1st fight was Gomez willing to give Arthur a rematch? No chance was he giving him a rematch. He was more interested in getting into contention for a world title fight. Until that collapsed.

Now after his career has hit a brick wall and he's looking to make some money, he starts calling out Arthur again.

Well now is the time for Arthur to be more interested in Guzman and the rest of the big names at SFW. He's went down the long and hard road at domestic and European level to get in contention at world level. He deserves to be where he is and I personally believe he belongs at that level.

So why should he waste his time with Gomez? He doesn't need Gomez, and Gomez has done Jack shit to deserve it!

If the shoe was on the other foot would Gomez give him the opportunity?
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ARTHUR Vs GOMEZ WHY?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
It seems to be going around just now that a rematch is on the cards between these guys, but why?

Don't get me wrong the 1st fight was FOTY but, does Arthur need Gomez?

Seems like Gomez needs Arthur more than Arthur needs Gomez. After the 1st fight was Gomez willing to give Arthur a rematch? No chance was he giving him a rematch. He was more interested in getting into contention for a world title fight. Until that collapsed.

Now after his career has hit a brick wall and he's looking to make some money, he starts calling out Arthur again.

Stay scottish

Well now is the time for Arthur to be more interested in Guzman and the rest of the big names at SFW. He's went down the long and hard road at domestic and European level to get in contention at world level. He deserves to be where he is and I personally believe he belongs at that level.

So why should he waste his time with Gomez? He doesn't need Gomez, and Gomez has done Jack shit to deserve it!

If the shoe was on the other foot would Gomez give him the opportunity?
Well Tam,I made another thread about the subject of Arthurs next opponent last night, but as you dissed my thread & started your own thread, looks like I will have to talk in your thread

Just joking Tam my good man

As for Gomez, now that prickface Guzman wont give up his title(as I predicted) Arthur has to take some 'keep busy' fights until he gets his chance to join the elite, so why not batter Gomez about? Alex gets his revenge, sells loads of tickets in the process & buries the ghost of Gomez forever.

This would be a great fight for Arthur if it comes off, but I would worry for Gomez health, & Im not just saying that to be nasty, cos Arthur is a completely different fighter to the one Gomez beat before, & Gomez himself is struggling to beat journeymen nowadays.

Its a moneyspinner & a safe bet for Arthur. It makes perfect financial & legacy sense.

Stay scottish
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:36 AM   #3
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It will sell tickets and give Arthur a chance to set the record straight. I can see this happening.
AllyT is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #4
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I hear what you guys are sayin, but brings me back to the point of why should he?

Right now if Arthur is going to meet Guzman, (appears that might happen) then he needs more than a tune up fight. He'll be moving a few levels above anything he's ever faced before. Gomez isn't that test.

He needs a tougher fight, he doesn't need Gomez. Why throw him the career lifeline, allowing him back into the limelight and the big payday when Gomez wouldn't have done the same, if he was in the same position?

Arthur needs tougher tests at this stage!
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #5
AAA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Gomez would be a good win for Arthur to have. Would really set the record straight somewhat. In saying that, it would be doing Gomez a massive favour to give him another shot with Arthur. They are different ends of the ladder this time around.

As for a tougher opponent, that comes with it's own risks. If Arthur is pretty much guarenteed Guzman (or a title shot either way), why take the risk of losing it by fighting a danger man?

To beat a tougher opponent would be of more benefit...to lose is unthinkable.
AAA is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA
Gomez would be a good win for Arthur to have. Would really set the record straight somewhat. In saying that, it would be doing Gomez a massive favour to give him another shot with Arthur. They are different ends of the ladder this time around.

As for a tougher opponent, that comes with it's own risks. If Arthur is pretty much guarenteed Guzman (or a title shot either way), why take the risk of losing it by fighting a danger man?

To beat a tougher opponent would be of more benefit...to lose is unthinkable.

That's the thing though it wouldn't be setting the record straight, if Gomez was at the top of his game then it would be setting the record straight.

Arthur would be fighting a Gomez that would get him no credibility.

If he loses then it means he's not at that level, and to be at that level you have to fight the best regularly.

Last edited by TAM83; 08-29-2007 at 01:50 PM.
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622

gomez looks really ordinary lately.

aaa beats the granny out of him..
stuey is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

mmm.....maybe cause AA dethroned such a tough reigning champ that he deserves an easy first defense???
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #9
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
mmm.....maybe cause AA dethroned such a tough reigning champ that he deserves an easy first defense???

Reigning champ? it was for the interim title. And if Arthur thought that was tough he'll be in for a shock, he's about to step up another level or two.

At this stage of his career easy fights won't do him any good!!!

What good does taking out an aged and limited Gomez do to Arthurs career???

Emmm.... NO GOOD, taking a journeyman out in 3 rounds won't give him the preparation he needs to take on the elite boxers at SFW!!
TAM83 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:05 PM   #10
The Kurgan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 576

I think the logic is simple- try to get Guzman into the ring; after/if that fight doesn't come off, Arthur can think about Gomez.
The Kurgan is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #11
dwilson

vCash:

If Gomez beats Khan then iwould like him to be put in with Arthur again.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
Danny Ocean
My nAmE IS MoNeY
ESB Senior Member

didnt gomez quit vs mcdonagh
Danny Ocean is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #13
bumdujour
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM83
Reigning champ? it was for the interim title. And if Arthur thought that was tough he'll be in for a shock, he's about to step up another level or two.

At this stage of his career easy fights won't do him any good!!!

What good does taking out an aged and limited Gomez do to Arthurs career???

Emmm.... NO GOOD, taking a journeyman out in 3 rounds won't give him the preparation he needs to take on the elite boxers at SFW!!
ahem......sarcasm!!! of course i wasnt serious.
bumdujour is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 PM   #14
TAM83
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumdujour
ahem......sarcasm!!! of course i wasnt serious.

Sarcasm from the same person who thinks Hatton is nothing more than a paper champion?

How did I not spot it
TAM83 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum