Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #16
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623
Default Re: Say about Roy Jones' opposition what you will, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
But only after Jones right hand was clearly injured.

And someone said Jones was vastly more experienced despite Hopkins having one more fight? Why? Hopkins had 100 amateur fights.
good poing kg
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #17
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If I had that kind of talent Id be challenging anybody and everybody, if I was Jones I would have gone for broke against Lewis, that was a win win fight if you ask me, he should have fought a world beater in every fight past 96 if you ask me, Eubank, Benn, Micknkanhdkhshkhd, Hopkins again, Lewis ANYBODY other than the big boys he would have beaten them all and actually would have had a point if he called himself the greatest.

So while im here sat in my armchair sipping my cup of tea I laugh at you Roy Jones, HA!
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 03:41 PM   #18
OBCboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

" And they got the nerve to say I aint fight nobody I just make 'em look nobody!" Roy is an ATG, he is going into the HOF.
OBCboxer is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #19
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdp000109
If I was him I would've challenged alot of heavyweights
Yeah I know its stupid for me to say things like that but he definatley should have raised the bar a bit on some of hes fights opponant wise, I mean some of theose guys had no business being in the ring with the p4p#1, he should have gone for everyone!.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 04:10 PM   #20
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever
If I had that kind of talent Id be challenging anybody and everybody, if I was Jones I would have gone for broke against Lewis, that was a win win fight if you ask me, he should have fought a world beater in every fight past 96 if you ask me, Eubank, Benn, Micknkanhdkhshkhd, Hopkins again, Lewis ANYBODY other than the big boys he would have beaten them all and actually would have had a point if he called himself the greatest.

So while im here sat in my armchair sipping my cup of tea I laugh at you Roy Jones, HA!
Lennox Lewis said himself that Jones did try to fight him. Lewis told Jones he was unsure of his plans and that he may retire so he would have to pass. He said it on live HBO television.

And Lewis would have killed Jones.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 04:20 PM   #21
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

Hopkins was nobody at that time and Toney lost 30 lb in 2 weeks, how great they were?
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #22
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves
Hopkins was nobody at that time and Toney lost 30 lb in 2 weeks, how great they were?
Yup, the trash talking excuse making sore loser Toney said it so it must be true.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 04:26 PM   #23
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooke
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
thats the thing i have against rjj. he could have gone on to become one of the greatest with his amazing talent, but absolutley did nothing to enhance his greatness after beating toney and X, hence imo he underachieved. he grew content feasting on bums, and then loved to brag about being the best "p4p", being unstoppable etc.. nonsense, i thank mr. tarver and mr. johnson for depositng him on the seat of his pants shattering that facade he built. i also agree about the hbo comment. they lined his pockets with millions, and it became convenient for him to 'defend' the title against cops and garbage men in glorified exhinitions.
awesome pic
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #24
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I will say this jones did beat toney in his prime in 94 but he didnt beat hopkins in his prime you must hopkins didnt really hit his prime until 2001 when he beat tito 8 years later from the fight with jones just like lennox lewis said I didnt hit my prime until he was 34 and some over stupid qoute like i age like fine wine In both there primes they were pretty equal in my opinion
box03 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #25
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing but if you go by how much of a fat shit Toney is now you could believe he did have some trouble with weight .....
I'm sure he did have some trouble making weight just like countless other fighters have but he was experienced at that wieght and experienced at cutting down. I don't buy the 30 pounds in 2 weeks bullshit and I don't believe that weight had anything to do with why Roy was able to blow him out so easily. When guys are weight drained, it takes it's toll as the fight goes on. Toney was blown out completly from the opening bell to the closing bell. Roy was and always has been the better fighter and that's what won him the fight.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #26
dave82
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
I'm sure he did have some trouble making weight just like countless other fighters have but he was experienced at that wieght and experienced at cutting down. I don't buy the 30 pounds in 2 weeks bullshit and I don't believe that weight had anything to do with why Roy was able to blow him out so easily. When guys are weight drained, it takes it's toll as the fight goes on. Toney was blown out completly from the opening bell to the closing bell. Roy was and always has been the better fighter and that's what won him the fight.
Thats right, from the opening bell it was total domination Awesome KD scored in round 3 i say.
dave82 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum