Old 08-29-2007, 02:51 AM   #1
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Ibragimov on Holyfield

Fightnews has a piece up about how his training camp is going,

------------------------------------------------------------
According to WBO Heavyweight Champion Sultan Ibragimov, a win over Evander Holyfield in Moscow on October 13th will come in part due to lessons the former Olympian learned from 'The Real Deal.' "Like Holyfield, I know the value of hard work and determination, and I know never to take any opponent lightly," said Ibragimov from his Florida training camp. "I don't care how old Holyfield is, I don't care who he's beaten or who has beaten him. In my mind, he is the most dangerous opponent in the world, and I am training harder than I ever have to defend my title on October 13th." Ibragimov, is currently preparing for his first title defense, but will break camp briefly later this week to meet the U.S. media on Thursday in New York City. "I don't like to leave training camp once I begin my preparations, but I am looking forward to meeting with the media, which has been very fair and complimentary of me since I came here," said Ibragimov. " I am also looking forward to meeting Evander Holyfield, but as soon as I'm done, I will be back in camp because I have to give my best for my fans when I face Holyfield."

Very good attitude to have, for any fight and not just this one. It doesn't matter about what Holyfield has left in the tank as far as Ibragimov is concerned, he has to plan and train as if he's getting in there with a prime Holyfield. Overlooking Grampa Holy would be a mistake.
DamonD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #2
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Ibragimov on Holyfield

Didn't he turn up to Ray Austin fight looking badly out of shape?

Last edited by Rubber Warrior; 05-22-2006 at 10:47 AM.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

The perfect attitude to have for this fight. Sultan will come in 100 percent prepared because you can bet than Evander will.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 04:50 AM   #4
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpup
Yeah, so this is encouraging that he's damn well learnt his lesson...hopefully!

His shape at the weigh-in will be very telling. Has he really trained well or not?
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 07:29 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
Fightnews has a piece up about how his training camp is going,

According to WBO Heavyweight Champion Sultan Ibragimov, a win over Evander Holyfield in Moscow on October 13th will come in part due to lessons the former Olympian learned from 'The Real Deal.' "Like Holyfield, I know the value of hard work and determination, and I know never to take any opponent lightly," said Ibragimov from his Florida training camp. "I don't care how old Holyfield is, I don't care who he's beaten or who has beaten him. In my mind, he is the most dangerous opponent in the world, and I am training harder than I ever have to defend my title on October 13th." Ibragimov, is currently preparing for his first title defense, but will break camp briefly later this week to meet the U.S. media on Thursday in New York City. "I don't like to leave training camp once I begin my preparations, but I am looking forward to meeting with the media, which has been very fair and complimentary of me since I came here," said Ibragimov. " I am also looking forward to meeting Evander Holyfield, but as soon as I'm done, I will be back in camp because I have to give my best for my fans when I face Holyfield."

Very good attitude to have, for any fight and not just this one. It doesn't matter about what Holyfield has left in the tank as far as Ibragimov is concerned, he has to plan and train as if he's getting in there with a prime Holyfield. Overlooking Grampa Holy would be a mistake.

I am not sold on Ibragimov at all.His performance against Briggs was not convincing at all.He drawed with Ray Austin,and had to go the full route with Osokin.
Nevertheless I for my part think that Sultan will perform quite well against that totally shot vet who is as far over the hill as you can be in his age.
Should be a relatively easy fight for Sultan,but that doesnt mean that much.
I wouldnt bet a single coin on him against Chagaev,the Klitschko brothers,Povetkin,and some other heavies.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:20 AM   #6
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

This is not a real title shot that's why it shouldn't be ppv. But Holyfield in my eyes has brought himself to this point and deserves this chance to make himself among the mentionables in the race for Wlad. Am I right or am I right? You're damn right I'm right!...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM   #7
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Everyone tries to say the right things when talking - but actions in the ring show the truth. Guess we'll have to wait for the fight - to see if he was lieing or not.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:32 AM   #8
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Im hoping Holyfield wins because hes the only one in the division right now that brings and makes a great fight with some of the other fighters. I want to see Evander fight Wladmir Klitshcko
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

This fight is going to be unusually close, setting up a bigger $$ rematch in the states.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 08:51 AM   #10
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpup
Yeah, so this is encouraging that he's damn well learnt his lesson...hopefully!

His shape at the weigh-in will be very telling. Has he really trained well or not?
No reason to think he won't. In two fights since the Austin fight he's been back at 220 where he belongs.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum