Old 05-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #16
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Helenius to fight Gammer on Valuev-Chagaev card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney View Post
Helenius won´t lose a single round in this fight and I think that he will KO The Hammer. I am not impressed with Gammer. He is just another shitty British heavyweight... Helenius is way too good for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney View Post
Gammer is very competitive against guys like Pianeta or Danny Williams, but Helenius will outclass him.
I am happy to say that I was 100% corrent. Helenius proved that he way better than guys like Pianeta, Williams etc.
Toney is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 AM   #17
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Props to the Finnish heavy weight hope for stopping Gammer!
I take my hat off to him as I didnt think that he would be able to stop the game Brit.Well done job,Robert!
His grumpy coach was full of praise for him! Helenius seems to have improved a lot since he started training under the command of that authoritarian German coach.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 05-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #18
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Helenius was impressive in that fight. He barely get hit at all. Time will tell how he improve future
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
Helenius was impressive in that fight. He barely get hit at all. Time will tell how he improve future
He's already made alot of strides, and I think we'll see that continue over the next year or two. He's putting his nose to the grindstone and working hard on getting better, and his camp is making smart choices so far in keeping him active. Judging by how they've paced him so far, it looks like he'll likely take 2-3 months or so to rest and train before his next fight, and we'll see him fight a few more times this year.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #20
Sakura
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
He's already made alot of strides, and I think we'll see that continue over the next year or two. He's putting his nose to the grindstone and working hard on getting better, and his camp is making smart choices so far in keeping him active. Judging by how they've paced him so far, it looks like he'll likely take 2-3 months or so to rest and train before his next fight, and we'll see him fight a few more times this year.
Sounds great
Sakura is offline  Top
Old 06-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
tua2001

Where I can see his last 2 fights? Looks like he need more athletism and everything will be ok. Wagner is not working on that, but for the guy, who has stamina problems, its very important.
tua2001 is offline  Top
Old 06-02-2009, 03:39 AM   #22
Akhilleus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tua2001 View Post
Where I can see his last 2 fights? Looks like he need more athletism and everything will be ok. Wagner is not working on that, but for the guy, who has stamina problems, its very important.
Well athletism won't win matches. Ofcourse punchingpower is needed, but althetic build have nothing to do with that - like we saw versus Gammer. Helenius and Gammer have totally different build. The welshman himself was little bit suprised by Helenius punchingpower allready now. (and what I have understood, Helenius is still far from ready what comes to physique) On the way to the lockerroom Gammer complained to his cornermen that the bodyshots were solid and shot to the temple as well. On the tape "the final punch" don't look so hard, but its hard to say from that angle. I think Gammer also collapsed mentally after not being able to land almost anything in over 5 rounds.

What comes to stamina, I think Helenius has already improved alot. The efforts to improve stamina is paying back. He didn't show any signs of fatique (in over 5,5 rounds) althoug the match wasn't so intensive.
Akhilleus is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Looks like my prediction was right this time around.

3 months after this fight, Helenius was back in action and now has a fight scheduled vs Dettweiler on the Abraham-Taylor undercard. It'd be nice if they showed it here in the US, but I won't hold my breath for it.

My prediction: Helenius is going to win on points and that should be the end of his 2009 campaign unless they decide to fit in one more easy fight for him.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #24
executioner147
Execution Time
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Gammer is fighting in the next Prizefighter Tournament i beleive!
executioner147 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum