Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #16
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: sylvester kos asikainen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetter_BR
oh - an Internet toughguy... damn I'm shaking...
He is quite intimidating,isnt he!
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #17
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
obviously
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #18
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppy
They should fight once angain to settle who is the better fighter. They are 1-1 and both fights seemed to be entertaining, right.

I knew neither had a chance against Arthur Abraham.
Well said,geppy! I ,too,wouldnt mind watching a third encounter between Amin and Sylvester.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:21 PM   #19
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas
guess i struck a chord.....
Keep stroking. I guess that is the only thing you are good at.

Btw nice avatar.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 AM   #20
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
yeah I'm scared shitless

Funny how this Finish Bum could beat the mighty Sylvester...
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 05:07 AM   #21
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

The first punch that send Asikainen down in round 11 was caused by a hit ON the ear...looked still ok for me and Sylvester wasn't really holding Asikainen's head before he hit him.

The second wasn't lega but the Finn was already done at this time...Sylvester - Sturm...bring it on!
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 02:57 AM   #22
seldon71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
The first punch that send Asikainen down in round 11 was caused by a hit ON the ear...looked still ok for me and Sylvester wasn't really holding Asikainen's head before he hit him.

The second wasn't lega but the Finn was already done at this time...Sylvester - Sturm...bring it on!
The key punch was one to the neck in round eight. After that Asikainen's legs were never ok - see the trouble he had raising after being pushed down in the 10th.

Funnily that blatant foul was edited out from German re-run of the fight next morning. Every other round was shown complete, but eighth was dropped out to omit that punch.

About the term "schooling" - being 4 points down in 2 scorecards after 6 rounds is hardly schooling the opponent. Sylvester was timid, passive, hurt twice badly and on the fast lane out of the fight at that point.

Asikainen got sloppy (and possibly also a bit winded), was beaten to the punch by Sylvester's left hook for a flash, but legitimate kd in the 7th and suddenly "Hurrikan" found self-belief and way back to the fight.

A round later he seriously hurt Asikainen with a neck-punch and two more rounds later was able to finish an opponent whose punch resistance had already non-existed for some 9 minutes. Job done, but not much more than that.

IF (pure speculation) the 11th round would have finished the way it had gone for 2 minutes 30 seconds ie. Asikainen being more active and aggressive and without Sylvester finding the right punch, I believe we would have gone to the last round in stalemate situation.

Judge Djajic having Sylvester at least 2 points up, judge Silvi having Asikainen 4 points ahead and judge John Keane sitting in a deciding stool having them dead-even. I have seen the official round-by-round scorecards so this is based in facts.

3rd fight would be good after guys have recovered properly. Sometime in the end of the year...? And, yes I agree neither has yet shown a solid evidence of having the ability to be amongst world elite. OTOH, both have much more solid claim to have a world title opportunity that f ex Sebastien Demers, Noe Tulio Gonzalez or Shannan Taylor (as a middleweight) ever did. Just 'cause they wouldn't be LIKELY to win does not mean they haven't put up a deserved claim (both of them) for a chance.

Last edited by seldon71; 06-26-2007 at 04:00 AM.
seldon71 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 03:04 AM   #23
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:

sylvester schooled him before taking him out in round eleven!!!
Asikainen was robbed. Sylvester should have been disqualified for hitting him in the neck.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 04:02 AM   #24
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldon71
The key punch was one to the neck in round eight. After that Asikainen's legs were never ok - see the trouble he had raising after being pushed down in the 10th.

Funnily that blatant foul was edited out from German re-run of the fight next morning. Every other round was shown complete, but eighth was dropped out to omit that punch.

About the term "schooling" - being 4 points down in 2 scorecards after 6 rounds is hardly schooling the opponent. Sylvester was timid, passive, hurt twice badly and on the fast lane out of the fight at that point.

Asikainen got sloppy (and possibly also a bit winded), was beaten to the punch by Sylvester's left hook for a flash, but legitimate kd in the 7th and suddenly "Hurrikan" found self-belief and way back to the fight.

A round later he seriously hurt Asikainen with a neck-punch and two more rounds later was able to finish an opponent whose punch resistance had already non-existed for some 9 minutes. Job done, but not much more than that.

IF (pure speculation) the 11th round would have finished the way it had gone for 2 minutes 30 seconds ie. Asikainen being more active and aggressive and without Sylvester finding the right punch, I believe we would have gone to the last round in stalemate situation.

Judge Djajic having Sylvester at least 2 points up, judge Silvi having Asikainen 4 points ahead and judge John Keane sitting in a deciding stool having them dead-even. I have seen the official round-by-round scorecards so this is based in facts.

3rd fight would be good after guys have recovered properly. Sometime in the end of the year...? And, yes I agree neither has yet shown a solid evidence of having the ability to be amongst world elite. OTOH, both have much more solid claim to have a world title opportunity that f ex Sebastien Demers, Noe Tulio Gonzalez or Shannan Taylor (as a middleweight) ever did. Just 'cause they wouldn't be LIKELY to win does not mean they haven't put up a deserved claim (both of them) for a chance.
Referee Giuseppe Quartarone did huge mistakes.

Please, just dont say that this is only crying. Before you say that, please re-watch the fight and these things:

1. Round
Asikainen knocked Sylvester down with a left hook same time bell. I have understood that the fef have two things to do here. 1) count to Sylvester, so Asikainen gets a 10-8 round. 2) If the ref thinks that the punch came too late, then he should had taken a point away from Asikainen and give Sylvester time to recover. Well the punch did not come too late.
What did Quartare do? None of these. He HELPED SYLVESTER UP (What The ****) and HELPED SYLVSTER TO HIS CORNER. I can not belive it. This can happend only in Germany.

8. Round
Sylvester took a step to behind of Asikainen and punched a hard punch to the neck of Asikainen. Asikainen wobbled badly and was clearly hurt. What did Giuseppe Quartarone do??? He did not take a point away from Sylvester!! If the referee do not take a point that (ILLEAGAL PUNCH THAT REALLY HURT THE OTHER BOXER). And what was the worse thing to Asikainen that Quartarone did not give the badly shaken Asikainen no time to recover. Right after the foul the ref asked that are you okey and Asikainen said yes, but the referee should has seen that he was not okey. He should had first said to the fouled boxer that he has time to recover if he needed time. A shaken boxer automaticly just answered that yes, yes.

Asikainen told after the fight to Finnish press that he could not feel his legs after the punch to the neck. And even his trainer had to ask him in the round pause that does Asikainen know who he is.

Round 11.
First there was a situation where Sylvester pulled down Asikainen´s head and punched him. The referee did say to Sylvester to not do it again. A minute after it same happened again. Sylvester pushed Asikainen´s head down and punched after it. This time Asikainen went down. What did Quartarone do? He just ruled it a slip. This time he did not say it was a foul and he did not say that it was not. If he would had ruled it a clean punch he should had ruled is a knockdown, what he did not do. If he would had ruled it a foul (what is clearly was) he should had given Asikainen time to recover. Once again Asikainen was badly hurt and the ref just started the fight right after the foul. And when he did that Asikainen had his mouthpeace in his glove! Asikainen had his mouthpeace in his hand and Quartarone allowed Sylvester to go after him!

It was a sad day for boxing. These thing should not happend. I just hope that Giuseppe Quartane did not destroy Asikainen´s career compleatly. I am not sure. Asikainen might never be the same again after this. I really hope that he will be.

I do not belive that Quartane was payd to do everything he can to get the hometown boxer a victory. Of course it is possible, but I do not belive in it. He just made huge mistakes and put a man´s career and healt in danger.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 04:16 AM   #25
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
<your post>
Please edit.
Rick G is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum