Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,290
vCash: 1000
Default Classic section posters who no longer post.

Has anyone heard from the following posters?

Marciano_Frazier
Ted Spoon
Cross_Trainer

I think Cross_Trainer said he was going to be in a remote area with no internet access for a while, but where is M_F and Ted Spoon?

Are there any other quality classic posters missing in action.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 19,025
vCash: 836
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

ted spoon i used to email alot havent got an email in ages and his website isnt updated
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 22,327
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Has anyone heard from the following posters?

Marciano_Frazier
Ted Spoon
Cross_Trainer

I think Cross_Trainer said he was going to be in a remote area with no internet access for a while, but where is M_F and Ted Spoon?

Are there any other quality classic posters missing in action.
No ,there are no quality posters missing ,but DR Z doesnt come on here anymore .
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,290
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
No ,there are no quality posters missing ,but DR Z doesnt come on here anymore .
So says the poster with an alleged 137 IQ .

I suggest you go to the lounge. If a mistake is made here, you can correct it, but submarining threads for no fair reason is not the way this forum is run.

There are some quality posters missing. I think everyone here will agree on that. You're just to dim witted to understand what they were talking about.

No worries McVey. If you start a thread with correct info you are A-OK in my book. But when you lie, or mis represent the facts, I will correct you if I deem it worthy of my time.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 22,327
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
So says the poster with an alleged 137 IQ .

I suggest you go to the lounge. If a mistake is made here, you can correct it, but submarining threads for no fair reason is not the way this forum is run.

There are some quality posters missing. I think everyone here will agree on that. You're just to dim witted to understand what they were talking about.

No worries McVey. If you start a thread with correct info you are A-OK in my book. But when you lie, or mis represent the facts, I will correct you if I deem it worthy of my time.
I love these new words you keep making up."Submarining,"great effort, does that mean anything like reverse racist?.
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,290
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
I love these new words you keep making up."Submarining,"great effort, does that mean anything like reverse racist?.
I suggest you look up the term on the web. Also, I suggest you keep your replies short, as much of what you write is full of errors, and hard on the eyes.

By the way Mr. Self proclaimed 137 IQ man who thinks 137 is not a borderline genius, did you even see the data I posted? 137 is borderline genius. You are wrong again. Ah yes, another inconvenient truth you are going to have to live with.

If you want to talk boxing fine. I can and will own you with ease. You know it that and so I. There is no need to insult and muck up a clean thread. I think you do it to make up for your lack of acumen. This forum is about shared information, links to video and newspaper articles, and debate. I suggest you stick to that formula.

If your goal is to keep mucking up clean threads, you will risk of your status here.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 22,327
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
I suggest you look up the term on the web. Also, I suggest you keep your replies short, as much of what you write is full of errors, and hard on the eyes.

By the way Mr. Self proclaimed 137 IQ man who thinks 137 is not a borderline genius, did you even see the data I posted? 137 is borderline genius. You are wrong again. Ah yes, another inconvenient truth you are going to have to live with.

If you want to talk boxing fine. I can and will own you with ease. You know it that and so I. There is no need to insult and muck up a clean thread. I think you do it to make up for your lack of acumen. This forum is about shared information, links to video and newspaper articles, and debate. I suggest you stick to that formula.

If your goal is to keep mucking up clean threads, you will risk of your status here.
The nearest I can get to a definition of Submarining that has even a tenous relevance to Computer activity,is "being online while appearing to be offline",please explain your use of the word.
Reverse racist is a contradiction in terms ,you are either racist or you are not.There is no middle way.
Please have a look at your posts before sending them.
You started all the talk about IQ's when you called me a "low IQ man"
,I replied my IQ was tested at 137, in 1967.I was at some pains to explain that I dont think much of IQ tests one way or the other,and would not have mentioned it if you had not brought the subject up.
Then you called me a liar,why should I lie to you ? Your opinion on any subject means Jack Shit to me,you are borderline illiterate .
Some examples from your last post.
"You know it that and so I."
"You will risk of your status here."
Is English perhaps your second language? Because if it is ,I can quite see the difficulty you would have with your grammar and phrasing,I dont mean to nit pick but you are so insistant that I am stupid ,when in actual fact your posts look like they have been written by a gifted Chimp.
My "status" as you call it, is whatever anyone thinks of me ,possibly some find a few of my posts mildly interesting ,many may think they stink .
To be candid with you I could not care less.
Got to go I am in the middle of making out the wages for my guys .
Keep punching and punctuating M

Last edited by mcvey; 05-21-2009 at 02:42 PM.
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
Caponecartels
Maritime Lawyer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 954
vCash: 112
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

wth is happening in here?
no need to throwing insults guy's, were all family here.
Caponecartels is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
Caponecartels
Maritime Lawyer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 954
vCash: 112
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

oh and i coulda of sworn i seen M_F post in a thread a couple of days ago...
Caponecartels is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

I havent seen Mf and cross trainer in a long time. Then there was tommyhearns who hasnt posted too in a long time. Plus Manassa hardly ever posts these days
dmt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

The posters who keep this section going are the scholars (janitor, etc) and students (Russell, etc). I came in with an agenda (largely to rail against the demise of the 15 round distance), and have largely purged myself of that expression.

More recently, I've been indulging in footage newly available on youtube and other internet services of events I'd previously only heard or read about, occurrances I originally was asking about here of posters who had actually viewed them. I'm more content now to take a back seat and let the posters who maintain the spine of ESB Classic (McGrain, etc) continue to sustain that support.

I can't begin to express how much I admire the McGrains, janitors and Russells for what they do for ESB Classic.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
The nearest I can get to a definition of Submarining that has even a tenous relevance to Computer activity,is "being online while appearing to be offline",please explain your use of the word.
Reverse racist is a contradiction in terms ,you are either racist or you are not.There is no middle way.
Please have a look at your posts before sending them.
You started all the talk about IQ's when you called me a "low IQ man"
,I replied my IQ was tested at 137, in 1967.I was at some pains to explain that I dont think much of IQ tests one way or the other,and would not have mentioned it if you had not brought the subject up.
Then you called me a liar,why should I lie to you ? Your opinion on any subject means Jack Shit to me,you are borderline illiterate .
Some examples from your last post.
"You know it that and so I."
"You will risk of your status here."
Is English perhaps your second language? Because if it is ,I can quite see the diificulty you would have with your grammar and phrasing,I dont mean to nit pick but you are so insistant that I am stupid ,when in actual fact your posts look like they have been written by a gifted Chimp.
My "status" as you call it, is whatever anyone thinks of me ,possibly some find a few of my posts mildly interesting ,many may think they stink .
To be candid with you I could not care less.
Got to go I am in the middle of making out the wages for my guys .
Keep punching and punctuating M
Hillarious and agreed on a few points here, there is no such thing as either an unbiased IQ test that can accurately measure intelligence.

In fairness many people use the term 'reverse racism' despite it being an innaccurate term it still sort of makes sense if the assumption is racism is commonly directed from the dominant race to the weaker race, ie white to black.

BTW an IQ test in 1967? I never knew your were so old and grey Mcvey. Your new name from here on in will be 'Grey Mcvey'
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #13
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All up in Djibouti
Posts: 11,345
vCash: 79
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
The posters who keep this section going are the scholars (janitor, etc) and students (Russell, etc). I came in with an agenda (largely to rail against the demise of the 15 round distance), and have largely purged myself of that expression.

More recently, I've been indulging in footage newly available on youtube and other internet services of events I'd previously only heard or read about, occurrances I originally was asking about here of posters who had actually viewed them. I'm more content now to take a back seat and let the posters who maintain the spine of ESB Classic (McGrain, etc) continue to sustain that support.

I can't begin to express how much I admire the McGrains, janitors and Russells for what they do for ESB Classic.
I agree with you 100% man. I do most of my actual posting in the General section, but the posters here are a great resource to really learn the history of the sport from. I've picked up a ton of excellent information since spending more time here- there's so much of it, any rookie would have to actively try NOT to learn to come away with nothing.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #14
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 22,327
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Hillarious and agreed on a few points here, there is no such thing as either an unbiased IQ test that can accurately measure intelligence.

In fairness many people use the term 'reverse racism' despite it being an innaccurate term it still sort of makes sense if the assumption is racism is commonly directed from the dominant race to the weaker race, ie white to black.

BTW an IQ test in 1967? I never knew your were so old and grey Mcvey. Your new name from here on in will be 'Grey Mcvey'
To be honest ,I dont think IQ tests mean bugger all.
Yes I am an "old un" allright, Louis was Champ when I was born.
I can't help teasing Mendoza, he hates Jack Johnson with such an abiding passion.His other excellent posts get overlooked because his biased attacks on a man who has been dead for over 60 years, make him look foolish .Get him posting on other boxers and he is usually sound and objective.Oh well ,I suppose we all have our weak spots.
I think Dempsey would ko Wills ,but Ive no actual proof or reason to form that opinion, so maybe I'm as irrational as Mendoza?
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #15
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Classic section posters who no longer post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
Yes I am an "old un" allright, Louis was Champ when I was born.



I didn't realise you were that old Mac. I feel shitty now for the times I've given you any crap.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013