Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Hungarian boxing

All results of yesterday's fight event in Hungary's capital Budapest:

WBO World Championship Light Heavyweight (12 Rounds)
Zsolt Erdei (HUN) vs. George Blades (USA)
W TKO, Rd.11, 2´27
Convincing performance against an American club fighter

WBA Interim World Championship Cruiserweight (12 Rounds)
Valery Brudov (RUS) vs. Firat Arslan (GER)
L PTS; 112:116, 116:112, 111:117
Very controversial outcome.I had Brudov ahead on points after 12 close rounds.Brudov was the better boxer,and conected with the more telling punches

WBO Intercontinental Championship Cruiserweight (12 Rounds)
Aleksander Alekseev (RUS) vs. Hector Alfredo Avila (ARG)
W KO, Rd. 1, 2´32
Very impressive stoppage victory for Alexeev against a foe who gave hell to rising Cuban talent Hernandez in one of his previous fights

WBF World Championship Cruiserweight (12 Rounds)
Gyorgy Hidvegi (HUN) vs. Merick Roberge (FRA)
W TKO, Rd. 2, 2`39

Super Middleweight (8 Rounds)
Karoly Balzsay (HUN) vs. Jose Hilton Dos Santos (BRA)
W KO, Rd. 5, 2’59
Dos Santos is a decent skalp in the young Hungarian's resume.

Heavyweight (8 Rounds)
Dieter Roth (GER) vs. Vlado Szabo (SLO)
W DQ, Rd. 5, 1’41

Super Middleweight (8 Rounds)
Dimitri Sartison (GER) vs. Mike Algoet (BEL)
W PTS: 80:72, 80:73, 78:74
Sartison defeats tough Belgian based journeyman

Jr. Welterweight (8 Rounds)
Andreas Kotelnik (UKR) vs. Laszlo Komjathi (HUN)
W PTS: 79:75, 79:73, 79:73


Jr. Featherweight (6 Rounds)
Zsolt Bedak (HUN) vs. Kemal Plavci (SRB)
W TKO, Rd. 2, 1`49
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
All results of yesterday's fight event in Hungary's capital Budapest:

WBO World Championship Light Heavyweight (12 Rounds)
Zsolt Erdei (HUN) vs. George Blades (USA)
W TKO, Rd.11, 2´27
Convincing performance against an American club fighter

WBA Interim World Championship Cruiserweight (12 Rounds)
Valery Brudov (RUS) vs. Firat Arslan (GER)
L PTS; 112:116, 116:112, 111:117
Very controversial outcome.I had Brudov ahead on points after 12 close rounds.Brudov was the better boxer,and conected with the more telling punches

WBO Intercontinental Championship Cruiserweight (12 Rounds)
Aleksander Alekseev (RUS) vs. Hector Alfredo Avila (ARG)
W KO, Rd. 1, 2´32
Very impressive stoppage victory for Alexeev against a foe who gave hell to rising Cuban talent Hernandez in one of his previous fights

WBF World Championship Cruiserweight (12 Rounds)
Gyorgy Hidvegi (HUN) vs. Merick Roberge (FRA)
W TKO, Rd. 2, 2`39

Super Middleweight (8 Rounds)
Karoly Balzsay (HUN) vs. Jose Hilton Dos Santos (BRA)
W KO, Rd. 5, 2’59
Dos Santos is a decent skalp in the young Hungarian's resume.

Heavyweight (8 Rounds)
Dieter Roth (GER) vs. Vlado Szabo (SLO)
W DQ, Rd. 5, 1’41

Super Middleweight (8 Rounds)
Dimitri Sartison (GER) vs. Mike Algoet (BEL)
W PTS: 80:72, 80:73, 78:74
Sartison defeats tough Belgian based journeyman

Jr. Welterweight (8 Rounds)
Andreas Kotelnik (UKR) vs. Laszlo Komjathi (HUN)
W PTS: 79:75, 79:73, 79:73


Jr. Featherweight (6 Rounds)
Zsolt Bedak (HUN) vs. Kemal Plavci (SRB)
W TKO, Rd. 2, 1`49
Cheers Odo! I thought Erdei looked great, but the opposition wasn't anything to write home about...meanwhile Brudov fought well, it was a close fight and I thought Brudov deserved the nod. Can't call it a robbery (it was too close) but I agree for my part that Arslan did not do enough.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Cheers Odo! I thought Erdei looked great, but the opposition wasn't anything to write home about...meanwhile Brudov fought well, it was a close fight and I thought Brudov deserved the nod. Can't call it a robbery (it was too close) but I agree for my part that Arslan did not do enough.
Well,I wouldnt call Brudov's loss a robbery either.It was a bloody close fight which could have gone either way,but like you I for my part had Brudov ahead on points.He connected with the better and more telling punches.
Anyway!
Firat Arslan is a quite limited and average fighter who doesnt have much pop in his fists.However,his stamina as well as his willpower and desire to win a fight is totally impressive.His mental toughness allows him to win fights he shouldnt be able to win.
Drozd had the upper hand in almost every department.Nevertheless he lost his encounter with Arslan.
To tell the truth I cant imagine that Hill will go the full route with this merciless pitbull.Arslan's excellent stamina and his outstanding willpower will be the decisvie factors in their upcomming bout.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

I was there so I thought I write down my impressions of the card.
The whole thing started with a big mistake, we were told that the event starts at six but the first match (Bedák vs Plavci) started around 5:45 so we missed that unfortunately. Poor Zsolt had to fight in an almost totally empty arena.

The next bout was Hidvégi vs Roberge. The French guy was taller and had the reach advantage but he was technically inferior to Gyuri who dominated him already in the first round. Then he caught Roberge in the 2nd with a beautiful combo and the fight was over.

Alexeev vs Avila was an interesting fight. At first it seemed that it could be competitive but suddenly Alexeev threw a vicious bodypunch and Avila went down in great pain. I don't know if it was his ribs broken or maybe it was a liver-punch but he couldn't stand up for a while.

Roth vs Szabo was a joke. Szabo didn't do anything that resembles boxing in any sense of the word. He clinched, threw low-blows all the time, threw some punches that were so wide and slow that even my granny could've avoided it if she was there in front of him. The ref had enough of it and dq-ed him.

Balzsay vs Dos Santos. OMG what a KO!!! It was a very good fight, Balzsay dominated the Brazilian who was no pushover. Karesz was amazing. He countered, threw the right leads and connected all the time, his body-movement was just perfect. Then in the 5th he threw a right-left combo and Santos was knocked out cold. He just lay there and didn't move. He was sent to hospital immediately.

Brudov vs Arslan was a great fight. Brudov had the better repertoire he boxed nicely he even danced in the ring for a few rounds. But Arslan was like a machine. No matter what Brudov did, he kept going forward and threw a huge amount of punches. What's more not only did he throw those punches, he connected with a nice pecentage. Somewhere around the middle rounds Brudov stopped dancing and started to exchange with Arslan. Those were great moments! Unfortunately Brudov gased out so he wasn't able to keep Arslan's pace. I had Arslan winning around 116:112.

Sartison vs Algoet - well I can't say much about that one, I was waiting in a queue in front of one of the buffets to get some beer. But a friend of mine who saw it said that it was awfully boring.

Before the main event the Hungarian ringspeaker asked the audience to give Erdei a little suprise so when he came in the whole arena stood up and sang his walk-in music. It was amazing. The fight itself was very one-sided, Erdei schooled Blades. He didn't take any risks and when the American's legs wobbled the 3rd or 4th time the ref stepped in and stopped the beating.

The last fight was between Kotelnik and tough Hungarian journeyman László Komjáthy. Laci did very well but there was no question who the winner will be after 8 rounds.

Last edited by Darien; 06-26-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #5
Bentex
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Here is a video of the Balzsay KO. Amazing!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Erdei, Well what can I say. It was really boring... just what I expected. It pains me to see a career flushed down the toilet.
Bentex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #6
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

From Fightnews:

Erdei targets Roy Jones!

WBO light heavyweight champion Zsolt Erdei has commented on his win Saturday over George Blades and his future plans. "The crowd was fantastic," said Erdei. "Therefore, I was worried about losing my head and becoming careless. Blades may have been able to continue in the eleventh round, but for health reasons it would not have been good. In any case, the fight would not have gone twelve rounds. The ring from the WBO is a great honor for me, an acknowledgement of my career. Now I'm ready for a title defense against Roy Jones."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:30 AM   #7
Bentex
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Can you see universum setting that up?
Bentex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentex
Can you see universum setting that up?
Well, Zsolt said that he asked Kohl before the Blades fight about Jones. Kohl said that they tried to negotiate with Roy but he had irrational demands so it's impossible to bring him to Europe. Zsolt repiled: No problem, I'll go to the US. If Zsolt and the Universum is willing to go to the States I see no reason why it couldn't work out when Roy currently fights guys like Ajamu and Hanshaw. It's a good opportunity for him to get into the mix again.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #9
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

RJJ ??? It would be a joke. It seems everyone targets Roy Jones now. Erdei does not need RJJ, he has a belt and he could use it to defend against decent opponents. The level of his defenses are under the level of the EBU title fights. He struggled against a SMW who had been schooled by the old Branco, then he could have unified and he chose to step down against C level boxers instead. He is skilled, he was promising a few years ago but the way his career has been managed deserves 0 consideration. They could also target DM for a come back ? Or Maske...
Fitir is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
RJJ ??? It would be a joke. It seems everyone targets Roy Jones now. Erdei does not need RJJ, he has a belt and he could use it to defend against decent opponents. The level of his defenses are under the level of the EBU title fights. He struggled against a SMW who had been schooled by the old Branco, then he could have unified and he chose to step down against C level boxers instead. He is skilled, he was promising a few years ago but the way his career has been managed deserves 0 consideration. They could also target DM for a come back ? Or Maske...
Come on Fitir! You know much more about boxing than this. Erdei fought Sahnoune with a bruised rib (result of a sparring session with Vadim Tokarev) and he couldn't breathe from the 4th round. He WANTED to fight Tiozzo, it was Kohl and Aceries (yes, Aceries too, not just those nasty Germans) who couldn't make this fight happen. RJJ a joke? He's surely not as good as before, his reflexes faded badly but he still is a top ten LHW and just a few weeks ago he was Erdei's mandatory challenger. On the other hand, I agree with you on the quality (or rather lack of it) of Erdei's last two opponents.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 AM   #11
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Erdei is a great technician and I like his style but he hasn't fought a real test since Garay 2 years ago (and he was not very convincing...) . I hate the way his career is managed, the guy has the talent but he will be quickly forgotten. We had similar guys in France who defended their title many times and who are now completely unknown. Who remembers Wamba who defended his WBC title 8 times for example ?
Sahnoune wasn't a deserving challenger, he was a protected SMW who had been given a title (he had done nothing great before Girard, Girard gave him his "title" and he has done nothing great after Girard). Even if Erdei was injured he had 0 reason to step down after Sahnoune. Ullrich is the only decent name he fought after Garay , he is good at EBU level but he is not a world beater.
And now who will Erdei fight ? A deserving challenger ? A unification ? No he calls out a washed up RJJ he would have avoided like plague a few years ago. I had no real problem with Maske vs Hill or Tiozzo vs DM cause they belong to the same generation of boxers. I thought the purses were ridiculously high but that's all. About a possible Erdei vs RJJ... It really sounds like "I fought C level boxers and now I want a big name for a big purse but I don't want to take a risk." Call out Dawson, Kessler, Calzaghe etc.
Fitir is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:00 AM   #12
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Albania
Posts: 1,303
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Erdei is a great technician and I like his style but he hasn't fought a real test since Garay 2 years ago (and he was not very convincing...) . I hate the way his career is managed, the guy has the talent but he will be quickly forgotten. We had similar guys in France who defended their title many times and who are now completely unknown. Who remembers Wamba who defended his WBC title 8 times for example ?
Sahnoune wasn't a deserving challenger, he was a protected SMW who had been given a title (he had done nothing great before Girard, Girard gave him his "title" and he has done nothing great after Girard). Even if Erdei was injured he had 0 reason to step down after Sahnoune. Ullrich is the only decent name he fought after Garay , he is good at EBU level but he is not a world beater.
And now who will Erdei fight ? A deserving challenger ? A unification ? No he calls out a washed up RJJ he would have avoided like plague a few years ago. I had no real problem with Maske vs Hill or Tiozzo vs DM cause they belong to the same generation of boxers. I thought the purses were ridiculously high but that's all. About a possible Erdei vs RJJ... It really sounds like "I fought C level boxers and now I want a big name for a big purse but I don't want to take a risk." Call out Dawson, Kessler, Calzaghe etc.
You saying very well Darien. Its time for big bouts for Erdei. It will be good to fight Tarver who wants once again world title.
Artani is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #13
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Erdei is a great technician and I like his style but he hasn't fought a real test since Garay 2 years ago (and he was not very convincing...) . I hate the way his career is managed, the guy has the talent but he will be quickly forgotten. We had similar guys in France who defended their title many times and who are now completely unknown. Who remembers Wamba who defended his WBC title 8 times for example ?
Sahnoune wasn't a deserving challenger, he was a protected SMW who had been given a title (he had done nothing great before Girard, Girard gave him his "title" and he has done nothing great after Girard). Even if Erdei was injured he had 0 reason to step down after Sahnoune. Ullrich is the only decent name he fought after Garay , he is good at EBU level but he is not a world beater.
And now who will Erdei fight ? A deserving challenger ? A unification ? No he calls out a washed up RJJ he would have avoided like plague a few years ago. I had no real problem with Maske vs Hill or Tiozzo vs DM cause they belong to the same generation of boxers. I thought the purses were ridiculously high but that's all. About a possible Erdei vs RJJ... It really sounds like "I fought C level boxers and now I want a big name for a big purse but I don't want to take a risk." Call out Dawson, Kessler, Calzaghe etc.
RJJ was his mandatory, that's why Erdei said he's ready to face him. On the other hand he also said that he would be happy with a unification bout too, except for Drews as they are good friends. To be honest I very much doubt that RJJ or B-Hop (he's the new no1 at the WBO) will want any part of Erdei. Dawson wants Tarver, Woods - well, he never showed any interest in fighting Zsolt. The most probable opponent is Diaconu who is at least a seemingly worthy challenger.
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:47 AM   #14
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hungary
Posts: 410
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Attila Kovács with Arena Promotion's?
Attila's manager confirmed the rumour that they are currently negotiating Ahmet Öner's Arena promotion. Attila is 32 years old, his pro record is 21-1 (14KOs) and currently holds the IBO light-middleweght title. He used to be Sergei Dzindziruk's sparring partner and has some good wins over fighters like former Euro champ Mamadou Thiam (TKO7) tough Brittish vet Steve Conway (UD12) and seasoned American Robert Frazier (TKO10).
Darien is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hungarian boxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Attila Kovács with Arena Promotion's?
Attila's manager confirmed the rumour that they are currently negotiating Ahmet Öner's Arena promotion. Attila is 32 years old, his pro record is 21-1 (14KOs) and currently holds the IBO light-middleweght title. He used to be Sergei Dzindziruk's sparring partner and has some good wins over fighters like former Euro champ Mamadou Thiam (TKO7) tough Brittish vet Steve Conway (UD12) and seasoned American Robert Frazier (TKO10).

haha! Hungary seems to be a very popular destination at present.

What about Inkin vs Josef Nagy? Your pick?
By the way can you watch Nagy vs Inkin on Hungarian tv,darien?
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013