Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Who is best Universum or Saurland ?

This is my question ?

Who is best Universum or Saurland ?

I talk with some fighters who was training in the Universum and Saurland and i want to know from them who is best German team ? Most of them told me that Universum is better team !
I know that Saurland is from Berlin and there this team learn lot of thinks from russian school but Universum also in the last 10 years get of lot of thinks with profesional fighters.

What is your opinion about this great two teams who are the best in the Europe right know ?
Artani is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #2
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Default Re: Who is best Universum or Saurland ?

In which way?

In way of promoting I think Sauerland edges Universum at the moment, they have better tv exposure of their talents/prospects.

People got to see Huck, Abraham, Hernandez, Murat and Frenkel on tv at an early stage in their career - people get to now them, they can follow their career.
Universum on the other side only show there main event fighters like Sturm, Krasniqi, Erdei, Halmich - and people only have gotten the chance to see them on tv when they stepped up and fought for a title. So you just couldn't follow there career. And what's even worse, world champions like Dzinziruk don't get any time on German TV...

I think the point I made is one of the most important for a fan of the sweet science. You want to see how fighters progress in their career...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I know this thinks Tom but you are one of the best in the Germany and you knows more about this great teams.

Who have more titles, all time im mean ?
Who have better trainers ?
Which team is more better for organisation ?
History of the both teams ?
Artani is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 07:14 AM   #4
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Both have good fighters but i tend to Sauerland is better right now. They have Povetkin, they have manny cruiserweight talents like Huck, Hernandez and Frenkel, they have Abraham whos much better than Sturm whos on Universum, only to name a few. But when it comes to heavyweights Universum is better right now. They have Chagaev, Dimitrenko, Virchis and some interesting prospects. universum has female boxers as well and halmich is a big thread but i dont giv a .... about female boxing. Universum needs verry long to bring their fighters to the top, Sauerland is much faster. When it comes to trainers, i dont know, both have good trainers. Wegner is my favourit german trainer right now, but Sauerland has no other good trainers. Universum have Sdunek and Timm who are also good trainers. Its difficult to say whos better...but i only like Chagaev from the Universum fighters.

Last edited by deram; 05-27-2006 at 05:56 AM.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sauerland does better in the exposure and show part. On the other hand Universum has more high quality boxers and much more beltholders.

Last edited by good right hand; 05-27-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 06:14 AM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien
Sauerland does better in the exposure and show part. On the other hand Universum has more high quality boxers and much more beltholders.

You are right,darien!

Sauerland does a great job.Even his very young fighters who dont have much experiecne at the paid ranks get tv exposure.
Fighters like Frenkel or Murat are better known in Germany than fighters like Dzindziruk ir Kotelnik.
Kohl's stable has a lot of excellent boxers,but they desperately lack tv exposure.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #7
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

By the way at heavyweight Sauerland's boys could compete with the fighters from Universum's stable and win a tournament between the two stables.

Sauerland:Akinwande,Hernandez,Hoffman,Dettweiler,Povetkin,Valuev,Pianeta,
Platov,Coc,Wawrzyk

Universum:Egon and Dieter Roth,Bidenko,Dimitrenko,Virchis,Krasniqui,Tereshkin,Gbenga,Chagaev,Boytsov,
Koeber
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum