Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



Rugby league legend Andrew Johns has been arrested for possession of an ecstasy tablet in London.
Police stopped the 33-year-old former Australian Test captain at Kings Cross underground station on Sunday afternoon.

The rugby great had been partying at The Church, an all-day club at Kentish Town that is popular with Australian expats and tourists, and claimed an "unknown person" had pushed the pill into his jeans.

"I was having such a good time, seeing it was the last day before I flew home," he said.
"I stupidly forgot about the tablet and instead of getting rid of it, I left myself in a situation I soon deeply regretted.




"I have been a very foolish person and realise I have brought great disappointment to my family, friends and many people, including lots of youngsters who have looked up to me over the years.
"It has left a black mark on my reputation which I will work very hard at erasing". He was not charged over the incident and is free to return to Australia, but if he is ever caught in another similar situation he could face court.
Johns was searched as part of a British Transport Police operation in the London underground to catch drug users travelling to the Notting Hill Carnival.
The former footy star was one of 206 people arrested for drugs possession in London over the British holiday weekend.
Police confirmed last night that "an Australian man in his 30s was arrested and cautioned for possession of an ecstasy tablet".
Johns had been holidaying in Britain, and had spent the previous week attending the Challenge Cup final at Wembley stadium and coaching the rugby union club Harlequins.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

I wish unknown people would shove drugs in my pocket!!!!
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:22 PM   #3
jb1
REFLECTION OF PERFECTION
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 411
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

grrrrrrrrrr do not comment on this as i am a very loyal and sensitive knights fan lol
jb1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1
grrrrrrrrrr do not comment on this as i am a very loyal and sensitive knights fan lol
Why not if he is using drugs this should really damage his name and i can't wait to see how the people of NSW take this on or they just cover it up. If he is using Drugs then all this hate on guys like Wayne Carey and Anthony Mundine are no where near the level of a drug user and i never thought it would be Andrew johns
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Good work Joey. Get loose. Seriously its not even a big deal. Every c*nt and his dog has done pills these days. Its almost as bad as getting caught with a 50 bag of weed. Yes its illegal but to be honest its not really a massive issue. It certainly doesn't cost the health system big dollars when compared to smoking and alcohol. In fact qutie the opposite. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ---- Read up on it for yourself. Probably the main reason its illegal is because of the fact it would be considered a gateway drug to some of the harder amphetemines like crystal meth, and the fact that it MUST be cut with some other substance to be compressed into tablet form. However, that said, these are tested very reguarly and whilst usually based with small amounts of another substance (speed, coke,K ect) most times are simply cut with small amounts of caffenie or other similar substances that give a small buzz.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
I wish unknown people would shove drugs in my pocket!!!!
I feel you mate. On a side note Joeys story has more holes then swiss cheese.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Why not if he is using drugs this should really damage his name and i can't wait to see how the people of NSW take this on or they just cover it up. If he is using Drugs then all this hate on guys like Wayne Carey and Anthony Mundine are no where near the level of a drug user and i never thought it would be Andrew johns
Its hardly like he was caught with a needle sticking out of his arm. My best mate got on an 8 ball of charlie for the whole Melbourne Storm one time when they were in Brissie. That Daddoe guy from the great out doors was out one night at the mono (nightclub) and started telling us about how he was all coked up as well. Pretty much every time we see celebrities or sports people out they are always on the gear. Its so widespread its not funny. I think they are making a mountain out of a molehill here.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Good work Joey. Get loose. Seriously its not even a big deal. Every c*nt and his dog has done pills these days. Its almost as bad as getting caught with a 50 bag of weed. Yes its illegal but to be honest its not really a massive issue. It certainly doesn't cost the health system big dollars when compared to smoking and alcohol. In fact qutie the opposite. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ---- Read up on it for yourself. Probably the main reason its illegal is because of the fact it would be considered a gateway drug to some of the harder amphetemines like crystal meth, and the fact that it MUST be cut with some other substance to be compressed into tablet form. However, that said, these are tested very reguarly and whilst usually based with small amounts of another substance (speed, coke,K ect) most times are simply cut with small amounts of caffenie or other similar substances that give a small buzz.
Cornflour is the way to go

Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

i have been out in Newcastle plenty of times and seen him quite obviously peaking off his head - ask anyone who is a regular at the Newie clubs and they will tell you the same thing

he is retired - gotta spend his money somehow!
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:45 PM   #10
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
i have been out in Newcastle plenty of times and seen him quite obviously peaking off his head - ask anyone who is a regular at the Newie clubs and they will tell you the same thing

he is retired - gotta spend his money somehow!
It shouldn't even be a grade a substance. It doesn't cost the health system. It almost never kills people. You have more chance of being struck by lightning. AND ITS THEIR F*CKING CHOICE. Its not physically addictive in the slightest. If he wants to do it who cares, let him, big deal I say. Is it any worse then getting plastered. IMO its better. Less violence and far less stupidity. Every incedent that has arisen with footballers has come from the aftermath of far too much alcohol.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #11
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Yeah, I agree, it shouldn't be a big deal, but unfortunately, he was caught with illegal drugs, and now the press will have a field day, because he is apparently a 'role model'

I've heard stories going back years about Joey and his coke habit, and being passed out in his car up in Newcastle after big nights on the piss when he was going through his divorce.

In fact, a little bird told me back when Wendell was done for okie, that along with Lockyer and Johns, he was the biggest cokehead in the NRL.

Funnily enough, I read an article by Wendy when he got busted, and he said in the days after the bust, when he turned to his family and friends for support, the first thing he did was have dinner at Darren Lockyers house, and Joey was there
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 PM   #12
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Yeah, I agree, it shouldn't be a big deal, but unfortunately, he was caught with illegal drugs, and now the press will have a field day, because he is apparently a 'role model'

I've heard stories going back years about Joey and his coke habit, and being passed out in his car up in Newcastle after big nights on the piss when he was going through his divorce.

In fact, a little bird told me back when Wendell was done for okie, that along with Lockyer and Johns, he was the biggest cokehead in the NRL.

Funnily enough, I read an article by Wendy when he got busted, and he said in the days after the bust, when he turned to his family and friends for support, the first thing he did was have dinner at Darren Lockyers house, and Joey was there
hahaha. Classic. Nothing heals the wounds better then a couple of grams of rack obviously.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #13
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In my House
Posts: 553
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

I cant believe this Ben Cousins was hanged for using ice (as rumored) but every is defending Joey Johns (if he is taking it that is) If his story is true which i find funny and hard to believe but is possible but if he is lying that even adds more to the fact he has let his fans down.

I dont care who or what you are but drugs is just a sign of TOTAL WEAKNESS and i respect no man or woman who does it because they are weak. Any man that has to take drugs to make himself better is no man plain and simple.

People trying to prove What to other people? In this case and many big name stars it all comes down to the fan breaking them down piece by piece and the weight of the world on their shoulders and maybe just maybe if this is all true Johns couldn't handle it as the same with Ben Cousins.

Many know i don't agree with Mundine alot but i totally agree with his idea of no drinking and no drugs i mean why poison your body when you can perfect it with training. Having a drink now and again is fine but why destory your body with get wasted and drugs when you can only make yourself stronger each day with training. When your paied to do that there should be no limits to being perfect and drinking and drugs should be banned simple as that.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:16 AM   #14
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: "Just fucken jabbem heaps Choc!"
Posts: 8,236
vCash: 1325
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
I cant believe this Ben Cousins was hanged for using ice (as rumored) but every is defending Joey Johns (if he is taking it that is) If his story is true which i find funny and hard to believe but is possible but if he is lying that even adds more to the fact he has let his fans down.

I dont care who or what you are but drugs is just a sign of TOTAL WEAKNESS and i respect no man or woman who does it because they are weak. Any man that has to take drugs to make himself better is no man plain and simple.

People trying to prove What to other people? In this case and many big name stars it all comes down to the fan breaking them down piece by piece and the weight of the world on their shoulders and maybe just maybe if this is all true Johns couldn't handle it as the same with Ben Cousins.

Many know i don't agree with Mundine alot but i totally agree with his idea of no drinking and no drugs i mean why poison your body when you can perfect it with training. Having a drink now and again is fine but why destory your body with get wasted and drugs when you can only make yourself stronger each day with training. When your paied to do that there should be no limits to being perfect and drinking and drugs should be banned simple as that.
You make some good points waynesmale...do you drink?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:20 AM   #15
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,049
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
I cant believe this Ben Cousins was hanged for using ice (as rumored) but every is defending Joey Johns (if he is taking it that is) If his story is true which i find funny and hard to believe but is possible but if he is lying that even adds more to the fact he has let his fans down.

I dont care who or what you are but drugs is just a sign of TOTAL WEAKNESS and i respect no man or woman who does it because they are weak. Any man that has to take drugs to make himself better is no man plain and simple.

People trying to prove What to other people? In this case and many big name stars it all comes down to the fan breaking them down piece by piece and the weight of the world on their shoulders and maybe just maybe if this is all true Johns couldn't handle it as the same with Ben Cousins.

Many know i don't agree with Mundine alot but i totally agree with his idea of no drinking and no drugs i mean why poison your body when you can perfect it with training. Having a drink now and again is fine but why destory your body with get wasted and drugs when you can only make yourself stronger each day with training. When your paied to do that there should be no limits to being perfect and drinking and drugs should be banned simple as that.
hes human lke us and experiments and does the wrong thing like us.his mistake was instead of just copping to it hes come out with this ridiculous story of the eccy fairy unbeknownst to him putting it in his pocket
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013