Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Question For Mendoza?????????

Mendoza,In the thread Sparring stories,Big Cat ,who is a valuable source of inside gym information, posted an account of Ruslan Chagaev sparring with Friday Ahunaya ,the Nigerian heavyweight.
Big Cat recounts how Ahunaya put Chagev on the bottom rope and ,and into a squatting position,the sparring had to be stopped, so Chagaev could recover his senses.
As you are so adamant that Gunboat Smith 's feat of putting Jack Johnson though the ropes in sparring was a tko ,can we take it that you give the same importance , legitimacy , and credibility to this occurence?
I await your reply thank you.
mcvey is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Question For Mendoza?????????

Hope you will see this, Mendoza.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvey View Post
Mendoza,In the thread Sparring stories,Big Cat ,who is a valuable source of inside gym information, posted an account of Ruslan Chagaev sparring with Friday Ahunaya ,the Nigerian heavyweight.
Big Cat recounts how Ahunaya put Chagev on the bottom rope and ,and into a squatting position,the sparring had to be stopped, so Chagaev could recover his senses.

As you are so adamant that Gunboat Smith 's feat of putting Jack Johnson though the ropes in sparring was a tko ,can we take it that you give the same importance , legitimacy , and credibility to this occurence?
I await your reply thank you.
Mcvey,

There is a difference between a 4 round exhibition match and a sparring session session.

Johnson vs Smith was a 4 rounder with a ref.

Chagaev vs Ahunaya was an sparring session.

I recall Big Cat saying Ahuanya scored a knock down, but I don't recall it being a TKO. You will have to ask him.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Mcvey,

There is a difference between a 4 round exhibition match and a sparring session session.

Johnson vs Smith was a 4 rounder with a ref.

Chagaev vs Ahunaya was an sparring session.

I recall Big Cat saying Ahuanya scored a knock down, but I don't recall it being a TKO. You will have to ask him.
Both Johnson and Smith described it as a sparring session.
IF ITS NOT A FIGHT ITS SPARRING.
Chagaev could not continue,the sparring was terminated.
IT WASNT A TKO, ANY MORE THAN THE SMITH JOHNSON SPAR WAS.
LOOK, WHEN YOU ARE WRONG HAVE THE GRACE TO ADMIT IT.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Both Johnson and Smith described it as a sparring session.
IF ITS NOT A FIGHT ITS SPARRING.
Chagaev could not continue,the sparring was terminated.
IT WASNT A TKO, ANY MORE THAN THE SMITH JOHNSON SPAR WAS.
LOOK, WHEN YOU ARE WRONG HAVE THE GRACE TO ADMIT IT.
Let's see what Big cat says. If he says Chagaev was Ko'd, then I'll go with that.

Johnson was down on his back, and badly dazed. His manager had to cut the round short and stop the fight. The news clip says a 4 round affair, not a casual gym sparring session which I think Chagaev was in..
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #6
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Let's see what Big cat says. If he says Chagaev was Ko'd, then I'll go with that.

Johnson was down on his back, and badly dazed. His manager had to cut the round short and stop the fight. The news clip says a 4 round affair, not a casual gym sparring session which I think Chagaev was in..
You refer to it as a fight ,it was NOT a fight it was sparring.Stop twisting this .
Others have noted your penchant for agenda driven threads and twisting the facts ,thats why you have forfeited your credibility.
IF IT ISNT A CONTEST WITH BOTH MEN TRYING TO WIN IT IS SPARRING.
END OF STORY.
YOU MADE A BIG PRODUCTION OUT OF SMITH FLOORING JOHNSON REPEATING IT SEVERAL TIMES EACH TIME WITH A BIT MORE EMBROIDERY.
NOW CHAGAEV BEING STOPPED BY AYUHANA,ie UNABLE TO CONTINUE.HAS SURFACED AND YOU ARE IN DENIAL.
YOU HAVE SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT,FURTHER PROCRASTINATION ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK SILLIER.
IF THATS POSSIBLE
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 04:54 AM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
You refer to it as a fight ,it was NOT a fight it was sparring.Stop twisting this .
Others have noted your penchant for agenda driven threads and twisting the facts ,thats why you have forfeited your credibility.
IF IT ISNT A CONTEST WITH BOTH MEN TRYING TO WIN IT IS SPARRING.
END OF STORY.
YOU MADE A BIG PRODUCTION OUT OF SMITH FLOORING JOHNSON REPEATING IT SEVERAL TIMES EACH TIME WITH A BIT MORE EMBROIDERY.
NOW CHAGAEV BEING STOPPED BY AYUHANA,ie UNABLE TO CONTINUE.HAS SURFACED AND YOU ARE IN DENIAL.
YOU HAVE SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT,FURTHER PROCRASTINATION ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK SILLIER.
IF THATS POSSIBLE
Dude,

You're a joke! The difference here is HUGE. One fight had a ref, 4 scheduled rounds, a manger present, and a NEWSPAPER report.

The other fight is based on a gym story.

I said I go on what Big Cat said. How does that put me in denial? Boy you're desperate.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Dude,

You're a joke! The difference here is HUGE. One fight had a ref, 4 scheduled rounds, a manger present, and a NEWSPAPER report.

The other fight is based on a gym story.

I said I go on what Big Cat said. How does that put me in denial? Boy you're desperate.
You are the joke because you insist on calling the 4 rds a fight it was NOT it was sparring,it doesnt matter if the President was present what difference does that make?
There was a news paper report when Hall dropped Marciano ,when Page dropped Tyson ,that does NOT make them REAL FIGHTS,and no amount of spin from you will change that.
When you first promulgated this distortion NO ONE one here agreed with you.All said it was no big deal it was only sparring .
I used the word promulgate , because it amuses me to throw words at you ,you dont know the meaning of , such as bigot which you think means racist.
Bigot is what you are, a bigot , is a narrow minded person ,holding stubbornly to a belief,as in prejudiced.
You see I'm not trying to claim Chagaev was tkod.I accept it was sparring,You coudnt be objective if you tried.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

You are a sad old man. You can no longer read, nor reason. You just pick and choose peices of boxing's book you own, which ironically enough are sometimes wrong themselves.

I said before I'd go on what Big Cat said. I also said that Gunboat Smith TKO'd Johnson in a 4 round exhibition match. Just live it it, or don't. I think its time you stop wasting bandwith with your obsession.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
You are a sad old man. You can no longer read, nor reason. You just pick and choose peices of boxing's book you own, which ironically enough are sometimes wrong themselves.

I said before I'd go on what Big Cat said. I also said that Gunboat Smith TKO'd Johnson in a 4 round exhibition match. Just live it it, or don't. I think its time you stop wasting bandwith with your obsession.

I referred to a post put up by Big Cat ,and I did so because I wanted to high light your double standards.
You are the guy that picks and chooses, to suit your agenda.
How do you feel about the fact that Corbett knocked Jeffries down in sparring?
Should we call it a tko?
Please post the name of the referee for the spar between Smith and Johnson as I cannot find any mention of him.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #11
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:

I referred to a post put up by Big Cat ,and I did so because I wanted to high light your double standards.
You are the guy that picks and chooses, to suit your agenda.
How do you feel about the fact that Corbett knocked Jeffries down in sparring?
Should we call it a tko?
Please post the name of the referee for the spar between Smith and Johnson as I cannot find any mention of him.
Show me a news report of the event, then I might beleive you.

I do have a news report of the Johnson vs Smith match, and your god was in la-la land

End.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Show me a news report of the event, then I might beleive you.

I do have a news report of the Johnson vs Smith match, and your god was in la-la land

End.
Ive read the news report on the Johnson knockdown I never disputed it happened.Name of referee please,as I don't think there was one.
I beleive ,but am not certain you can find a report of Corbett knocking Jeffries down in Adam Pollack's book Bob Fitzsimmons .
If I'm correct will you believe that?
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #13
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

It wasn't a knockdown. Johnson was knocked out. Deal with it. God you are dense.

Corbett was one to boast. I never read or heard him say he scored a knock down. I would need 3rd party proof to believe it, backed up by a primary press report of the witnesses. If you can produce that, you'll see I accept the truth far better than you.

Claims of knockdowns are often gym stories, or fabrications. Take Munroe's false claim for example.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
It wasn't a knockdown. Johnson was knocked out. Deal with it. God you are dense.

Corbett was one to boast. I never read or heard him say he scored a knock down. I would need 3rd party proof to believe it, backed up by a primary press report of the witnesses. If you can produce that, you'll see I accept the truth far better than you.

Claims of knockdowns are often gym stories, or fabrications. Take Munroe's false claim for example.
Johnson wasnt knocked out, he was floored by an overhand right in the 4th and last round .
NAME OF REFEREE PLEASE!
So you would not accept Adam Pollack's book , if the account is in there?
Where did I suggest this was a boast from Corbett?
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Do you boys actually enjoy this?
McGrain is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum