Old 11-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #2972
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
It's true because of the early "cast system" that was adopted into Mexico that Mexicans discriminate against one another. I can go on and give you all kinds of personal accounts.

You weren't accusing me directly, but you like to say "Most" and I would disagree with the "most" and the use of 99%. Yeah, you hear some Mex us the term "mayate" just like you can here Boricuas use the term "cocolo", even boricuas that are "mulatones" will use the term. But I'm not trying to call Boricuas racist. We all have our ugly side.

what's that chip on my shoulder you're talking about, off course i give cubans and mexican some crap but that's what a rivarly means you mess with each other so stop crying like a girl.

Nobody crying. I understand the rivalry, and love it. But for you it's personal. You call Cuban Americans "gusanos" taking the rivalry to personal levels.

Many Mexican athletes get crapped on when they go to PR and get called "Indios!!!" (in a derogatory way) That's how it goes. I went to the Margarito vs Clottey fight in Atlantic city and saw plenty of Boricuas yell mad anti-Mexico crap at him. But I don't go around saying, "Man Boricuas are some racist fools..." I take it as they are just heckling. Or am I nieve?

With all the negative publicity mexico has been getting because of the cartel wars. This was a chance for mexico to show another side of them.

I agree, but that's how it's always been in these competitions and they are used to booing and heckling the comp. Rivalries are a big part of Mexico. the North vs the South, Durango vs Michoacan, Cholo vs Ranchero, Mexico vs the World. Look at the Mex vs Mex rivalries there have been in boxing ( Barrera vs Morales and Marquez vs Vasquez). Most that talk crap in these events, do it to heckle just like the Boricuas that I mentioned yelling at Margarito. It's just to heckle. So don't take it to that level.
LOL first of all the gusano part i did it because some cubanos couldnt take the fact that i had a different opinion and started mixing politics into it. And if you dont know most cubans in exile that talk shit about castro and the government are gusanos. No matter what, they will always talk bad about cuba a country that is just three times the size of PR. And still they give latin america as a whole a lesson in how to run a country.

And lastly there is no excuse for racism and bigotry of any kind in a sports competition or anywhere else in society. So i dont care about rivalries or any other excuses, anybody that uses derogatory language towards a person because of their race ethnicity or country of origin is somebody that probably is not too well educated. If you cant control your emotions on stuff like that then you need help.

During the caribbean and central american games last year in mayaguez i didnt witness any fan fighting, arguing, attacking or assaulting any athlete or fan of other countries just because of where they were from. And trust me we have our own crime problems here also.

Maybe is just guadalajara i had conversations with some of my mexican friends and they say that's the raciest city in mexico.

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #2973
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by omiyourhomie View Post
hahahaha puerto cubansssss

well they baaaaaaaaasically have they same flag don't theyyyy? lol
yup...and basically just end up being punching bags for mexicans
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #2974
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertorricane View Post
LOL first of all the gusano part i did it because some cubanos couldnt take the fact that i had a different opinion and started mixing politics into it. And if you dont know most cubans in exile that talk shit about castro and the government are gusanos. No matter what, they will always talk bad about cuba a country that is just three times the size of PR. And still they give latin america as a whole a lesson in how to run a country.

And lastly there is no excuse for racism and bigotry of any kind in a sports competition or anywhere else in society. So i dont care about rivalries or any other excuses, anybody that uses derogatory language towards a person because of their race ethnicity or country of origin is somebody that probably is not too well educated. If you cant control your emotions on stuff like that then you need help.

During the caribbean and central american games last year in mayaguez i didnt witness any fan fighting, arguing, attacking or assaulting any athlete or fan of other countries just because of where they were from. And trust me we have our own crime problems here also.

Maybe is just guadalajara i had conversations with some of my mexican friends and they say that's the raciest city in mexico.

As far as Cuba will give the rest of Latin America as a whole a lesson on how to run a Country comment you made, That is a very bold statement/opinion. One that I can't ever agree with, but I don't want to get into politics. I doubt you have ever expirienced what their families had gone through during the Castro Communist Government. It might surprise you but many Mexicans will agree with that comment, I'm not one of them.

If the Boricuas in Mayaguez ( great mangos from there by the way ) conducted themselves in a respectful manner during these games, much respect to them. I take your word on it. I wasn't excusing any bigotry, I was talking about booing and heckling that occures in these games. I've been to various athletic games in Mexico and have never heard the entire crowd yell racist comments, but sure there are idiots in every crowd that will spew some unacceptable crap. The last comp I went to was "Mexico vs Filipinas Boxeo" in Juarez Mexico. Of course the Pinoy fighters got boo'd but I can't say it was alot of racism. Sure you'll hear the occasianal " Pinche' filipino ojos rasgados..." but that was a small few. In the end the pinoys did get the better of the Mexicans and got their respect.

I have never been to Guadalajara, but I have heard that many Mexicans there "son bien creidos", I guess it has to do with more pure Spanish bloodline with the people in that region, and feel they are better than the rest of the Mexicans. Mexico is a very large country with many different regions and cultures.

Well enough of my rants Mr. Puertorricane. I truely have nothing against Boricuas, any Latino, or any people on the face of the earth. But I do know Cotto is getting whooped and broken down again by Margarito .
If I'm wrong, I'll be here to eating my crow and not hiding out for a month. .
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #2975
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
As far as Cuba will give the rest of Latin America as a whole a lesson on how to run a Country comment you made, That is a very bold statement/opinion. One that I can't ever agree with, but I don't want to get into politics. I doubt you have ever expirienced what their families had gone through during the Castro Communist Government. It might surprise you but many Mexicans will agree with that comment, I'm not one of them.

If the Boricuas in Mayaguez ( great mangos from there by the way ) conducted themselves in a respectful manner during these games, much respect to them. I take your word on it. I wasn't excusing any bigotry, I was talking about booing and heckling that occures in these games. I've been to various athletic games in Mexico and have never heard the entire crowd yell racist comments, but sure there are idiots in every crowd that will spew some unacceptable crap. The last comp I went to was "Mexico vs Filipinas Boxeo" in Juarez Mexico. Of course the Pinoy fighters got boo'd but I can't say it was alot of racism. Sure you'll hear the occasianal " Pinche' filipino ojos rasgados..." but that was a small few. In the end the pinoys did get the better of the Mexicans and got their respect.

I have never been to Guadalajara, but I have heard that many Mexicans there "son bien creidos", I guess it has to do with more pure Spanish bloodline with the people in that region, and feel they are better than the rest of the Mexicans. Mexico is a very large country with many different regions and cultures.

Well enough of my rants Mr. Puertorricane. I truely have nothing against Boricuas, any Latino, or any people on the face of the earth. But I do know Cotto is getting whooped and broken down again by Margarito .
If I'm wrong, I'll be here to eating my crow and not hiding out for a month. .
It's all good i dont have anything against mexicans either like i said before i have many mexican friends and some i consider close friends. And as for Cuba i've been there many times and i guarantee you that although they have their problems they are not as bad as some or most latin countries and even the 1st world.

In cuba you dont have any drug problems, crime as a whole is very low. You can walk the streets at any hour without getting mugged. Health care is one of the best in the world and free for everybody. Education is also free for everybody. And as you just saw in the pan am games their sports are top notch and always finish second in the panam games and in the top six at the olympics. For a small island from the caribbean that's pretty good.

Now they do have some problems like corruption, shortage of basic day to day items. *** tourism is also a problem, but compared to the poverty i've seen around the world that's nothing. And a lot of that has to do with the US embargo maybe if they take it away they wouldnt have those problems.

The gusanos from miami will tell you other wise and will invent stories about people being murdered and put in jail for nothing. But that's not the case and a lot of times they are the aggresors.

puertorricane is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #2976
RingKing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamelTow View Post
Common misconception among Puero Ricans. They think that just because their boxers run against Mexicans they are the better technicians!
The only two areas that Puerto Ricans are greater technicians than Mexicans are running their mouths and taking knees when the going gets tough!
RingKing is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #2977
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

LUIS CRUZ GOT MEXICANNED
Old 11-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #2978
Kush
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
LUIS CRUZ GOT MEXICANNED
Cottos next
Kush is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #2979
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush View Post
Cottos next
that one's gonna hurt, but ya....
Old 11-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #2980
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
LUIS CRUZ GOT MEXICANNED
Que tremendo aņo este 2011 en favor de los Aztecs. Nomas nos falta Cotto para terminar con el ultimo campeon Boricua!
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #2981
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingKing View Post
The only two areas that Puerto Ricans are greater technicians than Mexicans are running their mouths and taking knees when the going gets tough!
I guess you should get some credit for sitting on the stool before ya quit.

Quote:
Wanna put your Avi on it???

Quote:
Que tremendo aņo este 2011 en favor de los Aztecs. Nomas nos falta Cotto para terminar con el ultimo campeon Boricua!
It has been an Awesome year for Mexican boxing. JMM is the Real star, Margarito is NOT the best representation, Mexicans are better than that. So props but Marg... This one's ours!!!
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #2982
strongarm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I feel you on this one. I'm mexican and I always root for Cotto. Torn on this one.
strongarm is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #2983
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongarm View Post
I feel you on this one. I'm mexican and I always root for Cotto. Torn on this one.
yup...i still say cotto is chavez's son....when chavez made camacho run, and chapo pee blood for 2 years, i'm sure that night he met a rican broad and got her pregnant......

cotto is half mexican
Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #2984
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 97

Oigan caballeros. What if this one one only goes less than 3-4 rounds? Neither is the fighter they were before and one might be hellbent on revenge and the other redemption? I think these 2 killed each others prime in the first bout and will finish each others career or whats left in la revancha. Esta peleona va estar bien bule.
elchivito is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #2985
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 97

Quote:
yup...i still say cotto is chavez's son....when chavez made camacho run, and chapo pee blood for 2 years, i'm sure that night he met a rican broad and got her pregnant......

cotto is half mexican
So that explains it.
elchivito is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum