Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #4651
PR BOXING
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
****en bullshit this last weekend...what does arum see in martinez, why the **** does he wanna make him a star so bad ??

or is he just keeping him champ to feed him to another one of his fighters.....martinez ****en sucks, and got that belt with a gift, and now kept it with another......
We can agree on that. He really sucks. All heart, crude skills

What do you think of Verdejo?
PR BOXING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #4652
papolamuerte
Yo soy La Muerte!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: H-Town via La Cantera de Ponce, Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingKing View Post
Mexico clowned Puerto Rico this past Saturday night only to have our Aztec warrior get robbed. So as of right now, there aren't any Puerto Rican born champs (**** THE JUDGES) since that belt should be wrapped around Burgos' waist.



How come you didnt bring up this thread when Jayson Velez whipped the floor with Sanchez Jr in Decemer????
papolamuerte is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #4653
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by papolamuerte View Post


How come you didnt bring up this thread when Jayson Velez whipped the floor with Sanchez Jr in Decemer????
Yeah what an ass whooping, but not too many Mexican had high hopes for Sanchez II. Regardless great win for Velez.

Not to worry though, Ponce De Leon is going to put a hurting on Velez and send him back to Caguas unrecognizable.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #4654
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR BOXING View Post
We can agree on that. He really sucks. All heart, crude skills

What do you think of Verdejo?
That really is a good description of Martinez "All heart, crude skills". Looks like they are working on an immediate rematch. I hope so because that fight was not even close the most I could give Martinez was 4 rounds.

Good win for Felix Verdejo, for the sake of Boricua boxing. I hope they don't rush his career like they did with Delurme, Del Valle, and Vasuez Jr.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #4655
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
That really is a good description of Martinez "All heart, crude skills". Looks like they are working on an immediate rematch. I hope so because that fight was not even close the most I could give Martinez was 4 rounds.

Good win for Felix Verdejo, for the sake of Boricua boxing. I hope they don't rush his career like they did with Delurme, Del Valle, and Vasuez Jr.
i already heard arum wants to feed him to maldonado....if he does, then it makes perfect sense...he wants vegas to have a mexican star, and looks like he's gonna do it by any means.......sucks for burgos, that was probably his only chance of beating a champ, can't really see him competing with the others
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #4656
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 28,549
vCash: 3583
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Looks like Salido might forget about the Mikey rematch & jump up a division & challenge R. Martinez.

That decision defo has put a target on Rocky's back.
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #4657
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
i already heard arum wants to feed him to maldonado....if he does, then it makes perfect sense...he wants vegas to have a mexican star, and looks like he's gonna do it by any means.......sucks for burgos, that was probably his only chance of beating a champ, can't really see him competing with the others

I disagree.

i can see him easily beating Salgado, Diaz and pretty much anyone else at 130lbs not named Uchiyama and Gamboa, where he might give them a run for their money.

Miniburgos is the real deal.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #4658
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
I disagree.

i can see him easily beating Salgado, Diaz and pretty much anyone else at 130lbs not named Uchiyama and Gamboa, where he might give them a run for their money.

Miniburgos is the real deal.
how so, he's not even ranked in their rankings....plus, besides the fact that he might have a chance at beating them, who's really gonna give him a shot....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #4659
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by papolamuerte View Post


How come you didnt bring up this thread when Jayson Velez whipped the floor with Sanchez Jr in Decemer????

Come on, brah. Anyone who knows boxing knows that SSII is a bum.

ever wonder why none of you ricans even bothered to bring this thread up when he got whooped by Velez?
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #4660
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
how so, he's not even ranked in their rankings....plus, besides the fact that he might have a chance at beating them, who's really gonna give him a shot....

Miniburgos has skills, man and is still young. Kid has been looking better every fight, he will be a champ soon. Your latter statement makes more sense, but if Diaz or Salgado do end up giving him a chance, ill bet the ranch that Miniburgos whoops them. If he does rematch Rocky, he'll whoop his ass again, and will get the decision this time around as long as they dont fight in NYC or PR that is.

I'd say he is definetly a top 3 Superfeather right now.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #4661
NWS
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,683
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Sanchez II

.
.
.

They are pleading for a Burgos-Martinez rematch.
NWS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #4662
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Come on, brah. Anyone who knows boxing knows that SSII is a bum.

ever wonder why none of you ricans even bothered to bring this thread up when he got whooped by Velez?
exactly...

sanchez is a joke to boxing...chavez jr got shit for "trying" to live off his fathers name...shit, this kid sanchez is milking his uncles legacy all he can...even wearing his trunks, which i dont know what ****en family member would ever allow such a disgrace.....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #4663
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Miniburgos has skills, man and is still young. Kid has been looking better every fight, he will be a champ soon. your latter statement makes more sense, but if Diaz or Salgado do end uo giving him a chance, ill bet the ranch that Miniburgos whoops them. If he does rematch Rocky, he'll whoop his ass again, and will get the decision this time around as long as they dont fight in NYC or PR that is.
i agree about the martinez shit, but 3 outta the four champs in that division are gonna get fed to better, more "star worthy" fighters...you'll see

mini burgos will get left on the outskirts until a really skilled fighter accepts his fight, and he will most likely lose to someone quicker, with more natural talent...happens all the time bro, especially to tough mexicans

there's already talks of martinez vs maldonado....arums thirsty for another vegas star, especially a flashy mexican
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #4664
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

^^ i still have my hopes up for Miniburgos.

Been a fan of his for a while, but after this past weekend, i've become a bigger fan.

And i would LOVE to see this kid be trained by Beristain.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #4665
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: JC SUPERSTAR TKO12 TAYLOR
Posts: 18,046
vCash: 75
Default Re: ***the official mexico vs puerto rico thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
^^ i still have my hopes up for Miniburgos.

Been a fan of his for a while, but after this past weekend, i've become a bigger fan.

And i would LOVE to see this kid be trained by Beristain.
i'm with you bro, i've been watching the dude forever now, and even cheered for him when he ko'd our local guy a few fights ago.....but it is what it is, and boxing is a nasty ass sport....i love watching him fight..he dont have much, but he makes the best with the little he does have...
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013