Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #16
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 10 best fighters of the last 30 yrs from 135-160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemmann
Yeah, while he's at it he shouls drop Jones, put up Tarver and Johnson, since they both beat Jones.

Then to really make things stupid put Hopkins over them, because surely Hopkins beathing both of those guys is more significant than one loss to Jones.
Hahaha, looks like you really made a mockery of him

JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #17
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yeah? Leonard deserved it more for beating Hearns and Duran.
You can't have it both ways. Leonard gets to be the man for his wins over Duran and Hearns. But since Norris beat the man who beat them, his win is all the more worthwhile.

Ray Leonard built his own reputation on others like Duran who took years to built his own rep and likewise when Norris beat Ray, except Terry did it without controversy.
redrooster is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #18
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
You can't have it both ways. Leonard gets to be the man for his wins over Duran and Hearns. But since Norris beat the man who beat them, his win is all the more worthwhile.

Ray Leonard built his own reputation on others like Duran who took years to built his own rep and likewise when Norris beat Ray, except Terry did it without controversy.
Difference was Leonard didn't beat Duran and Hearns after they had detatched retnas and extended periods of inactivity.

If he did, we know how much less credit you'd give him since we know all about your take on Durans tummy ache.

Not to be a dick, but did Ray cop your old ladies boobs or something?

Only Jack Prescotts raving obsession with Dela Hoya, or Zakmans profound hatred of John Ruiz and Lennox Lewis can outdo your fixation on Leonard.
Icemmann is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #19
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Difference was Leonard didn't beat Duran and Hearns after they had detatched retnas and extended periods of inactivity.

If he did, we know how much less credit you'd give him since we know all about your take on Durans tummy ache.

Not to be a dick, but did Ray cop your old ladies boobs or something?

Only Jack Prescotts raving obsession with Dela Hoya, or Zakmans profound hatred of John Ruiz and Lennox Lewis can outdo your fixation on Leonard.
What extended perior of inactivity? Hagler was off 13 months when he lost to leonard you don't see me bitching about it.

Speaking of Duran, he didn't seem to have a problem with his eye the day he beat him in the rubber match but his eye becomes a problem when he loses to Norris?

I never saw a thumb go in his eye. That was about the only part of him Terry didn't tatoo with his gloves.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth bitch!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:01 PM   #20
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

Quote:
What extended perior of inactivity? Hagler was off 13 months when he lost to leonard you don't see me bitching about it.
How long was Leonard off?

Quote:
Speaking of Duran, he didn't seem to have a problem with his eye the day he beat him in the rubber match but his eye becomes a problem when he loses to Norris?
Not not that big of an issue, but just another addition you can add to the laundrylist that would tell you that it wasn't a peak, a prime, or even a shadow of the same Leonard that was able to come back and fight competatively with Hagler

Quote:
I never saw a thumb go in his eye. That was about the only part of him Terry didn't tatoo with his gloves.

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth bitch!
Not your distorted self truths anyway.

So you gonna reorganize your list?

Hagler retired in shame after being embarassed by Sugar

Duran got a case of "Leonards making me shit my pants"

Hearn is just another victim.

Have to drop off Roy Jones and place Johnson and Tarver in his place for stretching his ass.

Don't try and pass it off as him not being peak, or suddenly losing his chin from being weight drained, if that was the case why didn't he get knocked out in the first fight with Tarver?

Speaking of Tarver and Johnson, Hopkins Beat the ever loving snot out of both of them, so i guess he gets Roy's former spot.

Camacho got his ass WHOMPED ON by Chavez, take him down, he doesn't belong. Put up Sweat Pea for being able to Take Chavez to the Scorecards for a draw (official verdict anyway.)

Let me know how that list is shaping up bitch.
Icemmann is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #21
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
How long was Leonard off?

Not not that big of an issue, but just another addition you can add to the laundrylist that would tell you that it wasn't a peak, a prime, or even a shadow of the same Leonard that was able to come back and fight competatively with Hagler

Not your distorted self truths anyway.

So you gonna reorganize your list?

Hagler retired in shame after being embarassed by Sugar

Duran got a case of "Leonards making me shit my pants"

Hearn is just another victim.

Have to drop off Roy Jones and place Johnson and Tarver in his place for stretching his ass.

Don't try and pass it off as him not being peak, or suddenly losing his chin from being weight drained, if that was the case why didn't he get knocked out in the first fight with Tarver?

Speaking of Tarver and Johnson, Hopkins Beat the ever loving snot out of both of them, so i guess he gets Roy's former spot.

Camacho got his ass WHOMPED ON by Chavez, take him down, he doesn't belong. Put up Sweat Pea for being able to Take Chavez to the Scorecards for a draw (official verdict anyway.)

Let me know how that list is shaping up bitch.
It's fine the way I have it.

shadow or no shadow he take the fight and wimped out. I watched Ray try to weasle out when Marvin told him "don't retire Ray-t the world wants to see us two together". (i know you're not the type that's interested in facts but if you ever decide to, check the post fight interview Hagler-Obel 2 Oct.30, '82)

Instead, the chicken man (in his prime) was shaking in his boots and turned the other way too afraid to answer. I got the full broadcast of the interview.

And stop picking on Roy for stomping Bernard.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #22
Icemmann
Breakin it down.
ESB Full Member

Quote:
It's fine the way I have it.

shadow or no shadow he take the fight and wimped out. I watched Ray try to weasle out when Marvin told him "don't retire Ray-t the world wants to see us two together". (i know you're not the type that's interested in facts but if you ever decide to, check the post fight interview Hagler-Obel 2 Oct.30, '82)

Instead, the chicken man (in his prime) was shaking in his boots and turned the other way too afraid to answer. I got the full broadcast of the interview.

And stop picking on Roy for stomping Bernard.
Come on. Stop picking of Roy for stomping Bernard? You're picking on Ray for fighting almost everybody, then making the mistake of sticking around past his sell by date.

You can't give Roy a pass and still be judgemental about Leonard.
Icemmann is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #23
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Come on. Stop picking of Roy for stomping Bernard? You're picking on Ray for fighting almost everybody, then making the mistake of sticking around past his sell by date.

You can't give Roy a pass and still be judgemental about Leonard.
Mistakes? I don't make mistakes. Leonard made the mistake of fighting a 23 year old when he should have been fighting 38 year olds.

I'd still like to know why Leonard didn't take a fight with Hagler at the time you said he was at his peak. You acknowledged everything else in my post except for that part. Ray's the one that backed out. both at their peaks but you couldn't get Ray in the ring with him if you put a gun to is head.

And Roy don't need any pass. He's one of the immortals of the ring. 15 years straight. Leonard got a big gap in his timeline trying to parallel himself with ALi.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum