Old 01-21-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Leonard vs PBF

Quote:
Originally Posted by duranimal View Post
If anything here i think that Leonard is being underated in this WW fight, this is a classic match up of the 2 biggest ego's going & there's only room for 1 & leonard would be at his most malicious/spitefull & vicious best & he'd walk right through Mayweather IMO, **** mayweathers defence, it may look good over 10/12 rounds against a Hatton/Marquez in recent times but against a real WW & someone of Leonard's calibre then he's a sitting duck for a beatdown.

Leonard would impose himself from the 1st clang of the bell, Mayweather would have absolutley no answer to Leonards ballistic speed when it came to offence who'd chase him into the ropes & smother him. What are people here expecting floyd to do? Potshot/duck/roll 2 the left!!! does anyone really think that leonard would allow him time to breath never mind think!!! what can Mayweather do thats better than Leonard.....NOTHING

I see Leonard being the bully here big time, Floyd ai'nt the offensive power or combo speed to halt Leonard in his tracks, Leonard climb's all over him as he's just to big/strong/fast/vicious & tacticly skillfull. Mayweather has no real offence capabilities such as Duran's & Leonard went 15 with him toe 2 toe.

He'll dominate from the off & can anyone on here tell me how Mayweather could get out of harms way if leonard unloaded that avalanche of punches that he unloaded onto Hearns in the 13th round of the 1st fight

This to me is a fight between the real deal & the pretender & i see him doing a number on Floyd even worse than Duran.

Leonards a nasty bastard & he'd really want to put Floyd in his place & humiliate him & such as Leonards nature is he ai'nt going to allow any pretender to usurp his title as boxings mr posterboy

He smashes Floyd up no later than 10
I agree with this.I hate Leonard's guts,but he is the best welter that I've seen in my lifetime(I'm 4).Mayweather is just naturally smaller and simply wouldn't have a response for Lenny's varied arsenal.At 147,it's bye-bye Money.
Clinton is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #32
SOMERSETDURAN
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

leonard ko's him inside 10. FMJ has never faced anyone approaching SRL's quality or power. Even if it goes the distance it's a wide UD for SRL
SOMERSETDURAN is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #33
Liam1973

vCash:

Think Mayweather has enough about him to go the distance
Old 01-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #34
Waynegrade
Belt holder
ESB Addict

SRL all the way in this one... He does everything better than PBF, and with Way more KO power. But, the real reason SRL does this easy. Is that he`d dare to win convincingly... Ray had HUGE heart, and when he needed to dig down, and make it happen, he did. When he couldn`t do it with just his phenominal skills. He`d crawl into the trenches and do what he had to, to win. He`d break PBF`s spirit, and his will...
Waynegrade is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #35
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Leonard stops him late on.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #36
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Mayweather goes the distance, unless he is very unlucky here.

Mayweather does have a very good chin, supreme defence and plenty of heart and doesn't tire. You have to favour this going the distance.

Even those of you picking Leonard by KO, must appreciate Mayweather would likely have won some rounds on the way?
Leonard lost a handy number of rounds to far worse fighters.

This is a close, close fight, over the distance. I cannot pick a winner with any confidence.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #37
RockyJim
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Leonard wins this one...
RockyJim is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #38
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think between rounds 12-15 with Mayweather being stopped on his feet.
Bill1234 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #39
Gesta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

The father beats his son.
Gesta is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum