Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 09-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Bisping calls out Sokoudjou

MMA Madness: Well, ok Mike, now comes the hard question. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjo was recently in discussions with UFC. Essentially, he said screw the money, he doesnít really care what he gets paid -- he just wants to fight the best. He didnít want to call anybody out but he said he asked to fight you. Sokoudjo said UFC essentially told him he must ďhave been on crackĒ for asking. Now a lot of people in MMA -- and they are going to do this -- have accused UFC of protecting you with both of your fights coming against Eric Schafer and Sinosic. What are your thoughts?

Bisping: Well, put it this way. Iíve been training with a guy who took Sokoudjo the distance and I whoop that guyís [butt]. No offense to [my training partner] -- I like him. Heís a good guy, heís my friend. I would beat him in a fight and he took Sokoudjo the distance. So if Sokoudjo wants to call me out, you know what I mean? If the UFC doesnít want to sign him, have him come up to my house. Iíll kick his f-ing [butt]. Simple as that. Come and see me, Iíll give him my phone number! Ha! Iíll f-ing bounce his head all over the place, f-ing a-hole.

But, to answer the question, what do I think? Eric Schafer was 9-1 with all submissions in the first round. In his previous fight in the UFC he choked a guy unconscious in under a minute. You know, so how can you say Iím being protected when that was the first fight on my contract? You know, a guy who is 9-1 and it was my debut in the UFC and I took him out. People are going to say what theyíre going to say, you know? Elvis Sinosic -- not the best record, but a veteran in the sport. Heís been in there with many world champions. This one, with Matt Hamill, people want to see it because of the show. They have their reasons, you know? People are always going to have an excuse to criticize -- you will always have your critics. After a fight they will always say this or that, but I just try to ignore the comments and leave the keyboard warriors to the keyboards, you know?

MMA Madness: Well, I guess that is my job then. Informing my English friend on who is talking trash about him, right?

Bisping: [Laughs] Exactly
boxingcar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Bisping calls out Sokoudjou

Careful what you wish for, mate.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Bispings a clown. Soko would steam roller him.On the ground or standing up Soko is the better fighter period.His only chance to win is his aggresiveness.Personally i cant see what the big deal is with Bisping.His nothing more than a chav meathead.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
Shanger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Bisping is no clown. He has a very good chance.
Shanger is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Sheehan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Bispings a clown. Soko would steam roller him.On the ground or standing up Soko is the better fighter period.His only chance to win is his aggresiveness.Personally i cant see what the big deal is with Bisping.His nothing more than a chav meathead.
first hate on Ricky Hatton now Bisping, seriously what the **** is your problem?? im glad I dont know ignorant pricks like you in real life.
Sheehan is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #6
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheehan
first hate on Ricky Hatton now Bisping, seriously what the **** is your problem?? im glad I dont know ignorant pricks like you in real life.
Go and **** yourself.If you dont like my opinion you know exactly what to do. The only prick round here is you you stupid cunt.I didnt start calling no ****ing names did i you ****ing *****.Get the **** off this dam board.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

Quote:
Go and **** yourself.If you dont like my opinion you know exactly what to do. The only prick round here is you you stupid cunt.I didnt start calling no ****ing names did i you ****ing *****.Get the **** off this dam board.
Don't anger the Brits. They'll throw crumpits at you!

But seriously, I don't like Bis's chances against Soko. I'm not that impressed with Bisping and don't think he will get too far at lightheavy. He will be a gatekeeper...nothing more. Much like Forrest Griffin, I just don't think he has the tools to fight some of these elite guys.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 02:09 AM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4

But seriously, I don't like Bis's chances against Soko. I'm not that impressed with Bisping and don't think he will get too far at lightheavy. He will be a gatekeeper...nothing more. Much like Forrest Griffin, I just don't think he has the tools to fight some of these elite guys.
Precisely.You have to keep it real.The guy just isnt that impressive.Plus i think he has very little class bringing his child into the ring and cursing down the place.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #9
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Sokoudjou is a very ideal fighter. He has great movement for a judoka, especially when comparing him to the likes of other great practitioners such as Parisyan. Secondly, he has great hands and power..

Judo is probably the most under-rated discipline in MMA. Its likely because transitioning from gee to non gee isn't an easy thing to do, top it off, a whole lot of Judoka's are purists.

I mean, they specialize in standing balance and control from the clinch. They have special counters in the form of throws to kimura's, counters to single legs, and amazing sprawls by default. What Sukoudjou represents is the next generation of Judoka, who is capable of good standup fighting coupled with Karo Parisyan like clinch work. Its a very difficult combination to deal with for anybody.

Only think Sukoudo needs is actual MMA experience. He already has a win over Arona.. Only thing I would like to see in him is more Judo.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 05:00 AM   #10
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4
Scurla is a Brit. I know, you would never guess it would you?
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #11
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
Scurla is a Brit. I know, you would never guess it would you?
Shut it you greasy chimp. Dont think your big just because your in Sherpherds Bush!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheehan
hattons smells but i am a bisping fan.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Shut it you greasy chimp. Dont think your big just because your in Sherpherds Bush!
"USA, USA, USA...DEFENCE, DEFENCE, DEFENCE...USA, USA, USA."
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 08:55 PM   #14
Duende
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 942

I wonder what Bisping will have to say after Sokou knocks his head into the canvas.
Duende is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Fron what I see from Bisbing he looks good so far, wait to see him against a better fighter before you all shit on him. I hope he beats Hamil, he's dreadfull to watch.
AJAX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum