Old 09-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #16
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyds Boring Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
after moving up five weight divisions, I am content with him outclassing opponents beautifully.

When hatton moves to light heavyweight, Mosley moves to middleweight, cotto moves to super middleweight, then I will judge them the same way.
Why didn't you mentioned Pac?? He moves up 7 wt classes & still destroys & still exciting. This is the reason I rated Pac as #1 P4P.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #17
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
after moving up five weight divisions, I am content with him outclassing opponents beautifully.

When hatton moves to light heavyweight, Mosley moves to middleweight, cotto moves to super middleweight, then I will judge them the same way.
Good post!
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
valdez
Grand Champ
ESB Senior Member

He's a technical genius.. A real 'boxer' some might say..
valdez is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #19
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I am not quite following your logic but if I am not mistaken, Mosley moved 4 weight classes.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #20
Lampley
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's the lack of dominance that gets people. If fans hear that you are the best fighter in the world, they expect you to outfight your opponent.

Floyd's plan to win at the higher weights is to outslick and outsmart the opposition, because he doesn't hit hard enough to trade.

Contrast that to a Tyson, who tried to blow everyone out and to this day makes casual fans assume he'd have KOd Lewis in his prime. People want savage aggression or blinding speed, and Floyd is far too economical with his offense to win everyone over.

And for purists, he talks too much and displays a lack of knowledge and respect for the sport. It's the same reason a lot of involved fans never really warmed up to Roy Jones.

But I think Floyd is great and always buy his fights. He'll be appreciated more and hated less after he's retired.
Lampley is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 03:43 PM   #21
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

terry norris was a boxer-puncher

floyd mayweather is a runner-pot shotter, but hey it works for him
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 05:50 PM   #22
OBCboxer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

PBF, is a very good technical boxer, but he makes too many promises and talks too much shit.
OBCboxer is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #23
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
Why didn't you mentioned Pac?? He moves up 7 wt classes & still destroys & still exciting. This is the reason I rated Pac as #1 P4P.

Pacman: 106 to 130 (24 pounds)

Mayweather: 130 to 154 (24 pounds)

The difference is that Mayweather is undefeated and had success in all the weight classes he was involved.
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #24
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:

Spot on the man is fighting in a weight class that's not his best that's what most people fail to realize. You're not going to go toe to toe with guys who out weigh you by 15-20 pounds..only a fool would. He threw a lot more at 140, 135 & 130. Watch his old fights.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:48 PM   #25
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
Pacman: 106 to 130 (24 pounds)

Mayweather: 130 to 154 (24 pounds)

The difference is that Mayweather is undefeated and had success in all the weight classes he was involved.

The difference is Pac always Looking for the Best opponent & destroys them. While PBF avoided the best & Pick his opponent & content on winning by points.

Pac fought 2 29 yr old P4P & HOF fighters & Knocked them out in an exciting fight.

Floyd fought a former 33 yr old P4p & HOF in DLH & just wins by a boring Split Decision.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:50 PM   #26
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
The difference is Pac always Looking for the Best opponent & destroys them. While PBF avoided the best & Pick his opponent & content on winning by points.

Pac fought 2 29 yr old P4P & HOF fighters & Knocked them out in an exciting fight.

Floyd fought a former 33 yr old P4p & HOF in DLH & just wins by a boring Split Decision.
If you can look past PacDBest's bias and poor way of getting this across, the post here has plenty of validity when comparing The 1 and 2 P4P right now.

I personally have Pac 1, but you get the point.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:51 PM   #27
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:

Blah Blah Blah and if PBF and Pac were the same size PBF would box circles around him just like JMM did.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM   #28
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
Blah Blah Blah and if PBF and Pac were the same size PBF would box circles around him just like JMM did.
Actually, Pac causes Floyd a lot of problems if they were the same size. Floyd can be timed and tagged with a straight left hand and Pac's explosiveness will get him some rounds.

Jmm is a much different fighter.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #29
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Actually, Pac causes Floyd a lot of problems if they were the same size. Floyd can be timed and tagged with a straight left hand and Pac's explosiveness will get him some rounds.

Jmm is a much different fighter.
He could cause some problems but not enough. PBF would have a field day with that 1-2 of Pac he's very easy to figure out and that spells doom against the smartest fighter in the sport. PBF would befuddle Pac with his defesne and movement and out box him to a UD win or possibly stopping him late. PBF at 130 was a beast. JMM was able to outbox Pac and he's not half the boxer PBF is.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #30
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Ok he might have been outboxed by JMM but pac put him on his arse three times in one round. Pimp C can u get your head out of pbf arse for one minute and admit pac has a better pleasing styles for the fans.
john b is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum