Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #46
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyds Boring Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetankemin
A possibility, but nonetheless an assumption.

The amateurs is very much different from the pros.
What if Pac is an American? What if he's born in a Boxing Family??? What if he's Dad & Uncle was a Former Champ??? What if He was Promoted by Toprank at an early age??? He could be undefeated too!!!
PacDbest is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #47
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
ShiftyGrits I am Just Going to say this as its five past one in the morning here in the UK and iam going to bed . i am just sick of people saying that its going to be a gatti like beating when hattons nothing like him. if hatton does get him with that rib crunching shot you can be the best boxer on the planet and still get beat.
I cant discredit hatton 43-0 I cannot do it..But I just personally think Floyd is a bad match up for him...I am a big "styles make fights" and that is what it is one guy can knock out another guy in 3 rounds and that same guy can lose to another guy..I mean its like a merrygoround. And that is just boxing. Hatto will look good early but get picked apart mid-late.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #48
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

I still like Floyd a lot but his recent fights were not that pleasant to watch. He turned the Baldo fight into a major stinker even, it was barely watchable. And for what reason exactly, Baldo was done he could have taken more risks. It's not like he's underpaid, fans pay big money to see him fight.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 08:22 PM   #49
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENZY
Oscar couldn't even walk thru Floyd's punches..Only a fool thinks Hatton can do it..

Stop with the EXCUSES..Hatton had a FULL CAMP to prepare for Collazo..Don't lie

Ricketty's last fight was against Castillo at 140

Floyd's last fight was DLH at 154

Hatton wouldn't last 3 rounds against Oscar
Hatton had his date and had been training. Collazo had the short camp.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #50
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
What if Pac is an American? What if he's born in a Boxing Family??? What if he's Dad & Uncle was a Former Champ??? What if He was Promoted by Toprank at an early age??? He could be undefeated too!!!

that's why floyd is fighting a prime ring champ and pac is fighting old barrerra again who is on his last leg pac hasn't fought a prime undefeated fighter ever the likes of corrales or hatton. so all that crap about pac being p4p#1 is garbage and belongs in the sewr with pacs recent comp.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #51
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ha

So the Ricketty Hatton fan switched the shit around?

I ain't surprised
Hatton had his HBO date for months and he was shopping for a lightweight to fight, but HBO kept shooting their opponents down. Then, as the fight approached fastly, they found Collazo. They never planned on fighting at welterweight, but their insistance on fighting a lightweight left them without an opponent like a month or month and a half before the fight.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #52
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ha

So the Ricketty Hatton fan switched the shit around?

I ain't surprised

He did have a full frigging camp..lol and if he didnt why...that fight was not taken on short notice...lol...there was a lot of pre fight build up and people were trying to figure out who collazo was..Yeah hatton would take 5 weeks to train for a fight in a higher division. Go to the ESB archives I was here..Read the old articles..Hatton fan bull crap. First hatton had the flu. Then he had terrible side effects from putting on 7 pounds that he usually dehydrates himself to get at the 140 weigh in....lol it does not stop..CALZAGHE FANS ARE WORSE...They will commit mass suicide if Calzaghe loses....or make up some of the craziest conspiracy theories known to all man kind...as an excuse.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #53
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

He can be boring at times, but some times, he is rather exciting. I don't call him a runner. He boxes safe and does what he has to do for the win.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 AM   #54
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Mayweather has a lot of problems. First off the guy is completely unlikeable in the first place. Talk about a headcase. And as stated previously he always talks up huge expectations and then plays it safe when the bell rings. His biggest problem is that he can sometimes do more bad for the sport then good. I ordered the DLH fight and had a party for a bunch of friends that don't follow boxing and the general consensus from them after the fight was "that was boring,,,wasn't this supposed to be a "superfight"?". Boxing enthusiasts typically want to see the guy knocked on his ass and people who don't watch much do not want to pay to see the guy fight because he is too "boring". I enjoy watching him fight because I realize his skill and see the things that other boxers just cannot do, but is he my favorite boxer to watch? Hell no. Its like a football team that wins with their amazing defense. They get the win but it typically makes for a pretty damn boring game.
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 AM   #55
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Great movement(which requires great stamina) is instantly labeled as "running" by newbies, fools will remain fools I guess.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #56
Marc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Great movement(which requires great stamina) is instantly labeled as "running" by newbies, fools will remain fools I guess.
The moderator has spoken.
Marc is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 AM   #57
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

First time I saw him fight, I was drawn to him. Thought he would be something like the next Roy Jones Jr. Loved the guy up until he fought Arturo Gatti and opened his mouth.

He's brilliant in the ring, I like his boxing, but I wouldn't mind reading about someone dropping him on his head a few times on the street. The guy needs an ass whooping.

Completely unpolished, repulsive personality coupled with a peurile intellect. Has no sense of modesty or graciousness.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 AM   #58
pit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
The difference is Pac always Looking for the Best opponent & destroys them. While PBF avoided the best & Pick his opponent & content on winning by points.

Pac fought 2 29 yr old P4P & HOF fighters & Knocked them out in an exciting fight.

Floyd fought a former 33 yr old P4p & HOF in DLH & just wins by a boring Split Decision.
Pac came in a beat two guys that had already beat the shit out of one another, before he was even known. he then went on to beat a morrales that was clearly on the down slide after his lost to Raheem at 135 and then going back down to 130 and losing to pac .. other then two tired war horses in morales and Berrera , and his Draw with Marguez ,, who has Pac fought ?
pit is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #59
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar

I dare most of the posters to try to move as much and throw as much as Floyd does for TWO or THREE rounds.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM   #60
koko of phil
Ring of Fire Resident
ESB Senior Member

If you are just a boxing enthusiast in general and you watch Floyd's style of boxing a lot of times, then you can really claim he is boring. But if you are his fan or nuthugger, naturally you will say he is a complete fighter, exciting, and his running style is outstanding. Or worse you will say PBF is boxing.
koko of phil is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum