Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 AM   #61
Theo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyds Boring Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru_Too_You
Hatton had his HBO date for months and he was shopping for a lightweight to fight, but HBO kept shooting their opponents down. Then, as the fight approached fastly, they found Collazo. They never planned on fighting at welterweight, but their insistance on fighting a lightweight left them without an opponent like a month or month and a half before the fight.
wrong wrong wrong, i cant even be arsed going in to this... but collazo was switched in with 7 weeks of camp to go, and the weight change was then made to 147.

hatton was first down to fight a 140 pounder (who HBO had agreed), however he injured himself in training.

They had another 140'er lined up and also got offered collazo, ricky saw a opertunity to make himself a 2 division champ, and against his teams wishes got the match agreed.

/FACT./
Theo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #62
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
I am not quite following your logic but if I am not mistaken, Mosley moved 4 weight classes.
Whats there not to get? If Mosley moved to middleweight and won every round against Taylor, I wont say that he isn't a great fighter b/c he didnt knock him out, I won't say that he's avoiding the best in Felix Sturm or any of the other bullshit excuses people put on floyd.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 12:24 PM   #63
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacDbest
The difference is Pac always Looking for the Best opponent & destroys them. While PBF avoided the best & Pick his opponent & content on winning by points.

Pac fought 2 29 yr old P4P & HOF fighters & Knocked them out in an exciting fight.

Floyd fought a former 33 yr old P4p & HOF in DLH & just wins by a boring Split Decision.
Pacquaio drew with a man he knocked down three times in the first round....
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #64
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff
Pacquaio drew with a man he knocked down three times in the first round....
b.c of a scoring error. I will always call that fight a win for Pac
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #65
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo
wrong wrong wrong, i cant even be arsed going in to this... but collazo was switched in with 7 weeks of camp to go, and the weight change was then made to 147.

hatton was first down to fight a 140 pounder (who HBO had agreed), however he injured himself in training.

They had another 140'er lined up and also got offered collazo, ricky saw a opertunity to make himself a 2 division champ, and against his teams wishes got the match agreed.

/FACT./
Wrong. Please name the 140 pounder they had lined up, I dare you.

I know for a fact that Freitas and Diaz were two of their targets, both lightweights. I'll go find the article right now.
Guru_Too_You is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #66
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
b.c of a scoring error. I will always call that fight a win for Pac
You score the rest of the fight the same as the judges? I still have Pacquiao losing that bout even with the correct scoring of the first round.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #67
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You score the rest of the fight the same as the judges? I still have Pacquiao losing that bout even with the correct scoring of the first round.
Ive never sat down and actually scored every round, but the fact that the judge incorrectly scored the first round, which gave Marquez the draw, sits very wrong with me.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #68
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:

/FACT./
Here's Dobson confirming that Juan Diaz was their second target after Baldomir. He later goes on to say that they would love to have a bout with Diego Corrales as well, and that they would like Freitas but didnt think he'd accept. 3 Lightweights discussed so far, one junior welterweight and one welterweight.

I find it funny that they were confident to attack both divisions until after the Collazo bout.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 09-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #69
Guru_Too_You
ESB OG circa '99
ESB Addict

Quote:

/FACT./

Freitas, Gatti, Castillo and Corrales as his four targets.

Shall I continue Theo?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #70
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:

Freitas, Gatti, Castillo and Corrales as his four targets.

Shall I continue Theo?
I'll Continue for you he was supposed to be fighting Lacanzo but he had damaged his hands.

Last edited by john b; 09-05-2007 at 03:22 PM.
john b is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #71
brownshell
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Floyd can handle Hatton's power. He handled Oscar's and Oscar was much bigger and stronger than he. Hatton will land some shots and then be amazed and shockeed at Floyd's strengh and speed. Hatton will be cut up and stopped or beaten to bruised mess.
brownshell is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #72
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

OScar had him on the back foot and some of them punches had him thinking.Hatton will be able to pressure him for three minutes around not like Oscar who took a breather for thirty seconds or so.
john b is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #73
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Wrong. Please name the 140 pounder they had lined up, I dare you.

I know for a fact that Freitas and Diaz were two of their targets, both lightweights. I'll go find the article right now.
Juan Lazcano was actually the man lined up. His last three fights were at 140. He'd beaten - Ben Tackie 27-5-1, Courtney Burton 21-4 and Marco Angel Perez 21-7.

He hurt his hand and they had to quickly find a replacement. Eventually they got Collazo with about 5 weeks until fight time.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #74
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
OScar had him on the back foot and some of them punches had him thinking.Hatton will be able to pressure him for three minutes around not like Oscar who took a breather for thirty seconds or so.
Hatton presents a different type of challenge than De La Hoya.

Hatton wants to get up close and pressure. He has better stamina than De La Hoya, and is more active. He goes to the body with more consistency.

On the other hand, Hatton is smaller, less rangy, doesn't have the jab De La Hoya does, and also isn't as skilled at parrying shots as Oscar is.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #75
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 520

Bump
motorcity is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum