Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Come on guys, anyone who thought Ohara won that fight are kidding themselves...

Look, it was a poor performance by Ricky, an ugly fight to watch as Ricky chose to stand & fight, instead of doing what he does best, & thats box & move.
Dave Parris & Victor Laughlan were unfair to O'Hara, but Burns did not in ANWAY lose that fight. ****! as Im typing this in O'Hara has even just admitted that he thought he lost the fight by two points, but he thought the scored were too wide

I had heard about Kris Hughes before tonight, but this was the first time I had seen him box, & he looks like an excellent prospect. Definitely one for the future.

& what about Amazin Alex Arthur? Just shows you what hes capable of, when he fights at a more natural weight, the kid looked back to his world class best now that hes moved up, like I always said he should
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Come on guys, anyone who thought Ohara won that fight are kidding themselves...

Ha Ha was awaiting this thread
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Come on guys, anyone who thought Ohara won that fight are kidding themselves...

I agree on Burns/O'Hara. Burns won by a couple, scores were terrible. Burns looked like he underestimated the kid, and looked like he'd gone stale at this level - lacking motivation. Rather than hold him back because of the poor performance as Sky's "experts" say, I think he actually needs a big challenge. I also think people on here are knee-jerking, he's not as poor as he looked tonight, he's been very good lately so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Disagree on Arthur. I think he'd have done the same job on the same calibre of opponent at any weight. That guy sucked, couldn't fight, couldn't take a punch. For me it was poor matchmaking and not indicative of anything.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I agree Dunky it was a POOR display of professional boxing all around. Not very good at all.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

That was very close, there were at least 4 rounds that could have gone either way, and out of the other 8 OHara was the winning more of the rounds, he was pressing forward, taking the fight to Burns and scoring cleaner hooks and body shots.

Burns didnt use his jab enough or straight rights, he was bloody awful, but O'Hara made him look awful. Split decision to O'Hara (who didnt deserve to lose that point)

Homer all the way!
gasman is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

I have no arguments on Burns winning but those scores were wild
LHL is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

Aright Dunky, check ma posts on the other thread, what ya reckon ?

I agree but no with Arthurs, i know he is just back etc.

I actually missed it ( Arthur ), was surprised before the fight regarding the opponent etc

Did he finish him with body shots ?

THATS the Alex Arthur i remember.

cheers
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #8
marty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I thought the verdict could have went either way, but I would not have objected to a Ohara win[then again Im Irish]
marty is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I agree on Burns/O'Hara. Burns won by a couple, scores were terrible. Burns looked like he underestimated the kid, and looked like he'd gone stale at this level - lacking motivation. Rather than hold him back because of the poor performance as Sky's "experts" say, I think he actually needs a big challenge. I also think people on here are knee-jerking, he's not as poor as he looked tonight, he's been very good lately so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Disagree on Arthur. I think he'd have done the same job on the same calibre of opponent at any weight. That guy sucked, couldn't fight, couldn't take a punch. For me it was poor matchmaking and not indicative of anything.

amen
maka is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #10
rossd1506
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I thought Burns won by a couple at most, certainly not 7. I think Burns needs a step up in class although Gomez was a spent force when he fought Burns, Ricky was really up for that fight and showed what he is capable of. I think Mitchell will take care off Martinez then hopefully we will see Burns take on Mitchell at some point. Unfortunatly i think Mitchell would have too much for Ricky.
rossd1506 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He definetly won it. Just a poor night at the office.

Anyone think burns could be going stale? He's fought 3 title fights in just over 6 months. Maybe he just needs a few months off before his next fight. After all his stamina looked poor tonight. Either that or he wasn't motivated after Foster pulled out. People shouldn't write him off just after this performance. Remember what he did to Gomez!
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

mik1000 I diagree with your stamina issues with ricky i thought he boxed great in the last 2 rounds so that blows your theory out the water,ricky is a superbly fit guy.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
mik1000 I diagree with your stamina issues with ricky i thought he boxed great in the last 2 rounds so that blows your theory out the water,ricky is a superbly fit guy.
Yes he won the last round but you can't argue that he was absolutely spent from about the ninth round onwards. I'm not saying he wasn't trained well properly for the fight as I know that Ricky has been fit for his previous defences (his first defense was fought at a high pace and he needed to be fit for that). Just saying that maybe, despite him having trained hard and been fit, the hard fight schedule cought up with him.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #14
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
Yes he won the last round but you can't argue that he was absolutely spent from about the ninth round onwards. I'm not saying he wasn't trained well properly for the fight as I know that Ricky has been fit for his previous defences (his first defense was fought at a high pace and he needed to be fit for that). Just saying that maybe, despite him having trained hard and been fit, the hard fight schedule cought up with him.
Im with Billy Nelson on this one MIK, its better that Burns stays as active as possible. Its inactivity that can ruin a boxers career more than keeping active & in tip top shape. Burns just had a bad night at the office, but still won anyway, its hardly the end of the world like people are making out.

What are you barn boys like, always moaning about Ricky since he left Rab for Billy, eh?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #15
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Im with Billy Nelson on this one MIK, its better that Burns stays as active as possible. Its inactivity that can ruin a boxers career more than keeping active & in tip top shape. Burns just had a bad night at the office, but still won anyway, its hardly the end of the world like people are making out.

What are you barn boys like, always moaning about Ricky since he left Rab for Billy, eh?
I think it was Frank Zappa who once said "brown lipstick doesnt look good on anyone"
gasman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum