Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
Robert
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Come on guys, anyone who thought Ohara won that fight are kidding themselves...

i thought the body punch that arthur hit that guy with when the fight got stoped was a fantastic punch
Robert is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #17
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Come on guys, anyone who thought Ohara won that fight are kidding themselves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
i thought the body punch that arthur hit that guy with when the fight got stoped was a fantastic punch
Alex Arthur is far from finished, & now that hes finally realised that he needs to move up in weight, I expect more brutal KO's to follow, as Alex Arthur was always a world class fighter living inside a weight drained shell.

& now that Alex has broken off the weight restraints? I expect great things from the Edinburgh man. he knows hes underachieved, & he knows he owes his fans a big win.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 PM   #18
Rocky
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I had burns winning it by 2 rounds, wasnt rickys best performance, but i believe he might have over looked ohara abit, and you have to give ohara credit he gave burns a right fight.
Rocky is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2009, 04:16 AM   #19
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Well said rocky,you got it down to a tee
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 AM   #20
box-now
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Give Ricky a break, he never fought that well but he still won!.
box-now is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2009, 05:48 AM   #21
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
Im with Billy Nelson on this one MIK, its better that Burns stays as active as possible. Its inactivity that can ruin a boxers career more than keeping active & in tip top shape. Burns just had a bad night at the office, but still won anyway, its hardly the end of the world like people are making out.

What are you barn boys like, always moaning about Ricky since he left Rab for Billy, eh?
Far from it Dunky, i've not had a bad word to say about Ricky since he left the Barn and he's still my favorite fighter. You'll still here alot of positivity towards Ricky if you go down the Barn. Most of the guys still go to his fights.

I also thought that being kept so active was great for him but after last night, obviously something wasn't right as Ricky, usually a fit fighter looked absolutely spend in the last few rounds and you can't deny that, so obviously something is to blame.

Well done anyway to Ricky. He pulled it out the bag on a bad night and showed his grit and determination by fighting through fatigue.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM   #22
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

interesting reading everyones views, everyone right to an extent, kevin never done himself any harm at all on friday he can come straight back and win a title on that performance.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2009, 09:21 PM   #23
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIK1000 View Post
Far from it Dunky, i've not had a bad word to say about Ricky since he left the Barn and he's still my favorite fighter. You'll still here alot of positivity towards Ricky if you go down the Barn. Most of the guys still go to his fights.

I also thought that being kept so active was great for him but after last night, obviously something wasn't right as Ricky, usually a fit fighter looked absolutely spend in the last few rounds and you can't deny that, so obviously something is to blame.

Well done anyway to Ricky. He pulled it out the bag on a bad night and showed his grit and determination by fighting through fatigue.
ach I was just having a wee laugh with you Mik, you know what Im like
You barn boys are easy wound up when it comes to all things Ricky & Burns, Rab & Bannon, basically if its R&B(geddit?)
I think the problem is that Ricky Burns suddenly wants to be Scott Harrison, its as simple as that.
Ricky wants to outman his opponents & knock 'em out Scotty style, but there will ever only be one Scott Harrison.
I can go into further detail if needed, butt thats all I am saying for now.

Theres nothing wrong with wanting to be like Scotty Harrison, but the only problem is that there was no tougher bastard in scottish boxing history than Scott Harrison, & its an impossible task to live up to if you ask me.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:41 AM   #24
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Alex Arthur is far from finished, & now that hes finally realised that he needs to move up in weight, I expect more brutal KO's to follow, as Alex Arthur was always a world class fighter living inside a weight drained shell.

& now that Alex has broken off the weight restraints? I expect great things from the Edinburgh man. he knows hes underachieved, & he knows he owes his fans a big win.
I really hope he can move on with his career but I fear he may just be too nice a guy to do so. Still cant believe that fight with Cook
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #25
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
I really hope he can move on with his career but I fear he may just be too nice a guy to do so. Still cant believe that fight with Cook
Too nice a guy?

Arthur just thought he had to turn up to beat Cook, never boxed out of first gear & got robbed. Dont listen to biased commentators like McCrory & most of the cunts who post here, these are the same guys who were in screaming that Burns got beat by O'Hara until O'Hara himself said he didnt win the fight... followed by Breen.
Trust me Uzi or whatever the **** you want me to calll you, Arthur has another big win in him.

After Rogie got robbed by Parris, do you trust anything officials get up to on these corrupt shores anymore? Cos you shouldnt.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #26
"TKO"
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Too nice a guy?

Arthur just thought he had to turn up to beat Cook, never boxed out of first gear & got robbed. Dont listen to biased commentators like McCrory & most of the cunts who post here, these are the same guys who were in screaming that Burns got beat by O'Hara until O'Hara himself said he didnt win the fight... followed by Breen.
Trust me Uzi or whatever the **** you want me to calll you, Arthur has another big win in him.

After Rogie got robbed by Parris, do you trust anything officials get up to on these corrupt shores anymore? Cos you shouldnt.
@ Dunky calling anyone biased where Arthur is concerned!
"TKO" is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum