Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 1000
Default My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Since our First REAL Linear Heavyweight Champion is about to be announced tomorrow night since 2003, I thought I would devote today to heavyweights. I would gather the insight from you fine people, rather than the general forum.

So pretending I am Ring Magazine....Here is my top 10 heavyweights in the world as of June 19 2009


1. Wladimir Klitschko(IBF,WBO)
2. Vitali Klitschko (WBC)
3. Ruslan Chagaev(WBA)
4. David Haye
5. Alexander Potvekin
6. Nicolay Valuev
7. Chris Arreola
8. Alexander Dimitrenko
9. Eddie Chambers
10. Samuel Peter


Wladimir:

Strengths: Jab, Two fisted Power, Boxing Skills, Clinching, handspeed, Timing, Defense...One of the best all around superheavyweights of all time. Has cleaned out the division the past 4 years.

Weaknesses- Panic Attacks, Chin, Lethargic lately

My prediction: He beats Chagaev and becomes the New Linear Champion and goes on to establish himself quite the all time legacy in the next 3 years


Vitali:

Strengths: Size, Durability, Strength, Knows how to use his physical tools, good attrition puncher, Solid workrate, Has not been behind on cards

Weaknesses: Age, Low tolerance for pain, weak resume, Poor timing, average speed, paws with jab

My prediction: Age catches up with everyone...Vitali faces a live young contender and loses his belt in within his next 2 title defenses and retires for good. But it will take one of the very best young contenders to beat him for anyone else I would favor Vitali over...If Vitali decides to fight his brother in a super pay per view fight, vitali loses badly.


Ruslan Chagaev:

Strengths: Very Solid Skills and Fundamentals, Strength, Durability, Cleverness, Power, Undefeated WBA champion.

Weaknesses: Injuries, Speed, Height, has not looked in prime form lately.

My Predication: Chagaev loses to wlad in a competitive fight...then continues to be a live contender for the next 3-4 years but never wins the title again.


David Haye:

Strengths: Two Fisted Punching Power, Handspeed, Skills, Youthness, Brings potential life to the heavyweight Division we havnt seen in years.

Weaknesses: Durability, Big Mouth

My predication: He gets a major title fight with Wlad sometime down the line and wlad survives a huge scare to win a classic battle. Haye continues to become a top dog heavyweight contender next 3-4 years and picks up a Alphabet belt down the line. If he fights Old Vitali before fighting Wlad, I think he is the live underdog to win.


Alexander Potvekin:

Strengths: Boxing Skills, Defense, Cleverness, Handspeed, upperbody movement...Undefeated Young Contender

Weakness: Power, Footwork, Ring Experience

My Prediction: Potvekin is the man to dethrone Old Vitali within the next 1-2 years. This sets up a mega unification with Wlad. Potvekin will sustain himself a solid legacy by the time he retires.



Nicolay Valuev:

Strengths: Superhuman Size, Reach, Jab, Improved Skills, Durability, Experience

Weakneses: Speed, Power, Mobility, Defense

My prediction: Valuev loses his belt in the following year to any one of the 5 fighters I rank ahead of him...who ever he faces first. He keeps on fighting competitivley but never picks up a major belt again.


Chris Arreola

Strengths: Heavy Bludgening Power, Punching Skills, Aggresiveness, Defense, Jab....Undefeated Young Contender

Weakneses: Overweight and Out of Shape, speed


My Prediction: Chris Arreola is the most underrated heavyweight out there today because he is a fat sack of shit. If this man loses a little bit of weight, watch out because hes a terror.....The man has some serious skills to go along with the frightening power. He is not a sam peter fraud. I strongly believe he picks up a belt in the next 3 years and could be the man to upset Wladimir Klitschko. I love Arreola. Lets see what kind of committment Arreola has to the sport.


Alexander Dimitrenko:

Strengths: Very Solid Fundamentals, Size, body attack, Attrition punching, Footwork...Undefeated Young contender

Weaknesses: Handspeed, upperbody movement, lack of one punch power

My Prediction: He decisions Fast Eddie in a close decision, but Eddie troubles him greatly with his quicker hands...If Vitali or Valuev is still champion within 2 years, I expect an improving Dimitrenko to defeat Old Vitali and Valuev Dimitrenko has a solid career ahead of him, but he does not match up well with Wlad.


Fast Eddie Chambers

Strengths: Fast Handspeed, Skills, Footwork, Accuracy, Youthness, Never ducks anyone.

Weaknesses: Weight Problems, Lack of Power, Strength

My predication: If Eddie gets his weight under control...Watchout. He has already been taking on the best contenders in the division and doing quite well...I think he has potential to pick up a belt or give certain champions big problems with his Speed. Eddie isnt afraid to take on anyone! I love that!


Sam Peter:

Strengths: Brute Power, Strength, Aggresivness, Willing to take on anybody

Weaknesses: Skills, Defense, Speed, Stamina, Overweight

My predication: Peter has hit rock bottom right now. He runs risk of burning out and he cant keep himself in shape ..He is still young but he has room to comeback. I have always thought he was overrated and his recent performances/losses further my point. I think Peter is going to drift off into obscurity and gather more losses and have the occasional upset...but he will no longer be champion. These new breed of young hotshots(arreola, chambers, dimitrenko, haye, potvekin) are all better than him.

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 06-19-2009 at 07:44 PM.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Thanks for adding this to the forum SQ, mus have took some thoughts this.

By the way, Vitali is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Thanks.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #4
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT
Posts: 14,048
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Haha, funny first line on Arreola.
teeto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

bump
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #6
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois USA
Posts: 13,559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post

1. Wladimir Klitschko(IBF,WBO)
2. Vitali Klitschko (WBC)
3. Ruslan Chagaev(WBA)
4. David Haye
5. Alexander Potvekin
6. Nicolay Valuev
7. Chris Arreola
8. Alexander Dimitrenko
9. Eddie Chambers
10. Samuel Peter

This is a reasonable list.
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Good list overall, your top 5 is the same as mine

The only issue I have is with Valuev. Holyfield is a walking corpse and was robbed against Nicolay, he should be lower imo.

But that's a pretty minor issue, good job.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Quote:
This is a reasonable list.
I'd hope to think so! LOL

Quote:
The only issue I have is with Valuev. Holyfield is a walking corpse and was robbed against Nicolay, he should be lower imo.
Good Retort MuchMoore. I was very tempted NOT to put Valuev any higher than 10th, but because of his good record, and recent improvement in skill(although he sucked vs holyfield), and the fact he was/is WBA champion... I gave him some slack based on accomplishments.....but on ability i think dimitrenko, chambers, arreola rate better but they just hadvnt proved themselves yet...give them one more year and they will move right over Valuev.

I understand valuev really screwd his legacy vs Shot 47 year old holyfield, but I though Nicolay was very impressive in his shutout decision over former WBO heavyweght champion Sergie Liahkovic.

Last edited by SuzieQ49; 06-19-2009 at 08:37 PM.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #9
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,257
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Solid analysis. Now, if these guys paired off and fought each other often we could have a good division.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,182
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

I think that Fast Eddie's biggest weakness is his lack of concentration over the long haul. Reminds me of Dawson a bit in that. They both seem to...lose intensity during a tough match
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 13,470
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Good Point Mcgrain, you can argue thats what cost him the potvekin match down the stretch. Also Fast Eddie defintley let up on Sam Peter, if he let loose his hands more, the decision would have been wider.
SuzieQ49 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,643
vCash: 238
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Excellent list! I'm not sure if Haye can do what you predict, but he's a good bet to pick up a title somewhere. We'll see about Wlad and Ruslan tomorrow...... i'm guessing a Wlad UD.

Indeed Chambers has a lot of skill and handspeed, but lacks footspeed (fat) and stamina (double fatty). If he'd lose 10-20lbs, he'd be a serious player, but as of now, i think he'll come up short against half of the top guys because he can't sustain his action for the last 6 rounds of a fight. Dimitrenko will probably decision him in a close fight.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #13
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
Excellent list! I'm not sure if Haye can do what you predict, but he's a good bet to pick up a title somewhere. We'll see about Wlad and Ruslan tomorrow...... i'm guessing a Wlad UD.

Indeed Chambers has a lot of skill and handspeed, but lacks footspeed (fat) and stamina (double fatty). If he'd lose 10-20lbs, he'd be a serious player, but as of now, i think he'll come up short against half of the top guys because he can't sustain his action for the last 6 rounds of a fight. Dimitrenko will probably decision him in a close fight.

LOL Double fatty .....Chambers is a double ass fatty and Peter is a triple ass fatty....LMAO....I got to remember that (double fatty) but its true ...we should do a post on this...James Toney ...now that a double ass crack fatty
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #14
OLD FOGEY
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Very interesting read, SuzieQ.

I agree with you that Peter and Valuev are probably on their way out as serious forces in the division.

One thing I might disagree with. I wonder about Wlad. He is 33 and at that age quite a few fighters start hitting the age wall. He hasn't looked that good in his last few fights. The Chagaev fight might be a real test.
OLD FOGEY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 AM   #15
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Garden Of England
Posts: 21,862
vCash: 1000
Default Re: My top 10 Heavyweights in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQ49 View Post
Since our First REAL Linear Heavyweight Champion is about to be announced tomorrow night since 2003, I thought I would devote today to heavyweights. I would gather the insight from you fine people, rather than the general forum.

So pretending I am Ring Magazine....Here is my top 10 heavyweights in the world as of June 19 2009


1. Wladimir Klitschko(IBF,WBO)
2. Vitali Klitschko (WBC)
3. Ruslan Chagaev(WBA)
4. David Haye
5. Alexander Potvekin
6. Nicolay Valuev
7. Chris Arreola
8. Alexander Dimitrenko
9. Eddie Chambers
10. Samuel Peter


Wladimir:

Strengths: Jab, Two fisted Power, Boxing Skills, Clinching, handspeed, Timing, Defense...One of the best all around superheavyweights of all time. Has cleaned out the division the past 4 years.

Weaknesses- Panic Attacks, Chin, Lethargic lately

My prediction: He beats Chagaev and becomes the New Linear Champion and goes on to establish himself quite the all time legacy in the next 3 years


Vitali:

Strengths: Size, Durability, Strength, Knows how to use his physical tools, good attrition puncher, Solid workrate, Has not been behind on cards

Weaknesses: Age, Low tolerance for pain, weak resume, Poor timing, average speed, paws with jab

My prediction: Age catches up with everyone...Vitali faces a live young contender and loses his belt in within his next 2 title defenses and retires for good. But it will take one of the very best young contenders to beat him for anyone else I would favor Vitali over...If Vitali decides to fight his brother in a super pay per view fight, vitali loses badly.


Ruslan Chagaev:

Strengths: Very Solid Skills and Fundamentals, Strength, Durability, Cleverness, Power, Undefeated WBA champion.

Weaknesses: Injuries, Speed, Height, has not looked in prime form lately.

My Predication: Chagaev loses to wlad in a competitive fight...then continues to be a live contender for the next 3-4 years but never wins the title again.


David Haye:

Strengths: Two Fisted Punching Power, Handspeed, Skills, Youthness, Brings potential life to the heavyweight Division we havnt seen in years.

Weaknesses: Durability, Big Mouth

My predication: He gets a major title fight with Wlad sometime down the line and wlad survives a huge scare to win a classic battle. Haye continues to become a top dog heavyweight contender next 3-4 years and picks up a Alphabet belt down the line. If he fights Old Vitali before fighting Wlad, I think he is the live underdog to win.


Alexander Potvekin:

Strengths: Boxing Skills, Defense, Cleverness, Handspeed, upperbody movement...Undefeated Young Contender

Weakness: Power, Footwork, Ring Experience

My Prediction: Potvekin is the man to dethrone Old Vitali within the next 1-2 years. This sets up a mega unification with Wlad. Potvekin will sustain himself a solid legacy by the time he retires.



Nicolay Valuev:

Strengths: Superhuman Size, Reach, Jab, Improved Skills, Durability, Experience

Weakneses: Speed, Power, Mobility, Defense

My prediction: Valuev loses his belt in the following year to any one of the 5 fighters I rank ahead of him...who ever he faces first. He keeps on fighting competitivley but never picks up a major belt again.


Chris Arreola

Strengths: Heavy Bludgening Power, Punching Skills, Aggresiveness, Defense, Jab....Undefeated Young Contender

Weakneses: Overweight and Out of Shape, speed


My Prediction: Chris Arreola is the most underrated heavyweight out there today because he is a fat sack of shit. If this man loses a little bit of weight, watch out because hes a terror.....The man has some serious skills to go along with the frightening power. He is not a sam peter fraud. I strongly believe he picks up a belt in the next 3 years and could be the man to upset Wladimir Klitschko. I love Arreola. Lets see what kind of committment Arreola has to the sport.


Alexander Dimitrenko:

Strengths: Very Solid Fundamentals, Size, body attack, Attrition punching, Footwork...Undefeated Young contender

Weaknesses: Handspeed, upperbody movement, lack of one punch power

My Prediction: He decisions Fast Eddie in a close decision, but Eddie troubles him greatly with his quicker hands...If Vitali or Valuev is still champion within 2 years, I expect an improving Dimitrenko to defeat Old Vitali and Valuev Dimitrenko has a solid career ahead of him, but he does not match up well with Wlad.


Fast Eddie Chambers

Strengths: Fast Handspeed, Skills, Footwork, Accuracy, Youthness, Never ducks anyone.

Weaknesses: Weight Problems, Lack of Power, Strength

My predication: If Eddie gets his weight under control...Watchout. He has already been taking on the best contenders in the division and doing quite well...I think he has potential to pick up a belt or give certain champions big problems with his Speed. Eddie isnt afraid to take on anyone! I love that!


Sam Peter:

Strengths: Brute Power, Strength, Aggresivness, Willing to take on anybody

Weaknesses: Skills, Defense, Speed, Stamina, Overweight

My predication: Peter has hit rock bottom right now. He runs risk of burning out and he cant keep himself in shape ..He is still young but he has room to comeback. I have always thought he was overrated and his recent performances/losses further my point. I think Peter is going to drift off into obscurity and gather more losses and have the occasional upset...but he will no longer be champion. These new breed of young hotshots(arreola, chambers, dimitrenko, haye, potvekin) are all better than him.
Very solid list with decent appraisals .
mcvey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013