kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Green v Beyer 3 ..........maybe

Green seeks third crack at nemesis

By Adrian ******
September 05, 2007
DANNY Green may get a third tilt at his old German nemesis Markus Beyer, while he waits for a crack at IBO world light heavyweight boxing champion Antonio Tarver.
In two WBC world title challenges in Germany, Australian Green suffered a controversial disqualification loss to Beyer in August 2003 and a majority points defeat in their rematch 19 months later.
Green knocked Beyer down twice in the first bout before a contentious ruling led to his disqualification and he also floored the German in the final round of their second contest.
Beyer 36, hasn't fought since losing the WBC title to Denmark's Mikkel Kessler last October.
While Beyer hadn't officially retired, Green admitted he thought the chance of a third bout with the German had gone until he read an internet article a few days ago in which his old foe was reported as saying he intended fighting again.
The Green camp is initiating discussions with Beyer's management team about a fight in Australia, while waiting for a reply to their offer for American Tarver to defend his IBO title in Perth.
"A world title is what I want to achieve, but the fact that this Beyer fight means so much to me, it's hard to choose between the two of them," Green said. "We've been in touch with Tarver's manager Al Heyman, who our agent Don Majeski knows very well.
"They've had pretty extensive negotiations and we're just waiting to see what the outcome is of that and hopefully we'll have an announcement pretty soon.
"But we don't want to put our eggs all in one basket and if that wasn't to take place, there's the Beyer rematch.
"It said on a website that Markus Beyer was making his return to the ring, he never retired, but he's returning and that made my ears prick up. At this stage of my career, I'm only looking for the big fights that are out there, and the ones that make the most sense.
"Although there wouldn't be a title on the line, it would be a massive fight with Beyer in Australia. With both of our histories and rankings we could probably get one of the organisations to make this fight a light heavyweight eliminator."
Since winning his last fight against American Otis Griffin back in July, 34-year-old Green has indulged in his other sporting passion.
He spent two weeks in the Maldives, surfing for five or more hours a day.
"I was surfing a hell of a lot every day and that really kept my fitness up," Green said.
kel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 AM   #2
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Default Re: Green v Beyer 3 ..........maybe

Beyer is shot - Kessler proved that - Green by KO in less than 7
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 AM   #3
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

WHY, Make the Tarver fight.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 05:23 AM   #4
silvy_chris
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
Green seeks third crack at nemesis

By Adrian ******
September 05, 2007
DANNY Green may get a third tilt at his old German nemesis Markus Beyer, while he waits for a crack at IBO world light heavyweight boxing champion Antonio Tarver.
In two WBC world title challenges in Germany, Australian Green suffered a controversial disqualification loss to Beyer in August 2003 and a majority points defeat in their rematch 19 months later.
Green knocked Beyer down twice in the first bout before a contentious ruling led to his disqualification and he also floored the German in the final round of their second contest.
Beyer 36, hasn't fought since losing the WBC title to Denmark's Mikkel Kessler last October.
While Beyer hadn't officially retired, Green admitted he thought the chance of a third bout with the German had gone until he read an internet article a few days ago in which his old foe was reported as saying he intended fighting again.
The Green camp is initiating discussions with Beyer's management team about a fight in Australia, while waiting for a reply to their offer for American Tarver to defend his IBO title in Perth.
"A world title is what I want to achieve, but the fact that this Beyer fight means so much to me, it's hard to choose between the two of them," Green said. "We've been in touch with Tarver's manager Al Heyman, who our agent Don Majeski knows very well.
"They've had pretty extensive negotiations and we're just waiting to see what the outcome is of that and hopefully we'll have an announcement pretty soon.
"But we don't want to put our eggs all in one basket and if that wasn't to take place, there's the Beyer rematch.
"It said on a website that Markus Beyer was making his return to the ring, he never retired, but he's returning and that made my ears prick up. At this stage of my career, I'm only looking for the big fights that are out there, and the ones that make the most sense.
"Although there wouldn't be a title on the line, it would be a massive fight with Beyer in Australia. With both of our histories and rankings we could probably get one of the organisations to make this fight a light heavyweight eliminator."
Since winning his last fight against American Otis Griffin back in July, 34-year-old Green has indulged in his other sporting passion.
He spent two weeks in the Maldives, surfing for five or more hours a day.
"I was surfing a hell of a lot every day and that really kept my fitness up," Green said.
wat site was the article found on??
silvy_chris is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #5
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

hmmmm

Don't see much point in this, unless it is a keep-busy fight, but even then, it's a risky one.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 05:58 AM   #6
DoctorFaustus

I'd love to see it....but that would most likely be the end of Green's career!!!
I see Beyer outboxing him again!!!
DoctorFaustus is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 06:13 AM   #7
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Green has declined. I dont know about Beyer, but he does know exactly how to beat Green and he would probably train accordingly. I'd say a close decision to Beyer.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #8
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yea interesting fight...I wont say no..... Buyer knows how to fight Green and this time will counter even better but if the fight is at LHW it might give the advantage to Green and end early this time due to Green having more power with the extra weight.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 07:10 AM   #9
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I will be calling my bank manager to see how much money I can borrow to bet on Green!
nrgetic is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM   #10
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic
I will be calling my bank manager to see how much money I can borrow to bet on Green!
exactly - Bayer is so far past shot that he is an empty shot gun shell

put inactivity with a Kessler thrashing and an unfamiliar weight class and what do you get? Beyer getting belted!
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #11
Robot16
Keep it Kr0nkn
ESB Addict

vCash: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic
Agreed, especially after the Kessler fight.
Green will have it in mind and know he can dominate.
Also after Beyer having a close call with bika, then getting ko'd, he should take an easy tune up first, at least try to reagin some confidence.
Robot16 is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
Beyer is shot - Kessler proved that - Green by KO in less than 7
In my eyes Beyer wasnt shot because Kessler crunched him. I never rated Beyer too high in the first place. Green had him in Disneyland in their first encounter, you could possibly say he was shot then.
teke is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 AM   #13
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

It will be a revenge type fight which would be good to put on his resume. Green should have won the 1st, was outboxed the 2nd, and a 3rd fight he should definitely be able to win as Beyer was knocked out sensationally against Kessler and it's always tough to come back after KO loss, let alone when your nearing the end of your career.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #14
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Green by nasty headbutt KO
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 PM   #15
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by qboxthunder
Exactly! I know Green maybe wants some revenge, it's an ok fight but I would rather see Danny beat the shit outta Antonio

Green shld try and win a belt against Tarver etc then use that as leverage to defend against Beyer (easy first defence) that way he gets revenge and makes it a good money fight in Oz...... Beyer will fight him knowing he has already beat him once and the chance to win some sort of belt (IBO) is a good carrot also.
kel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum