Old 06-24-2009, 06:29 PM   #61
lucatoni08
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: A personal thankyou to Setanta and Bunce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Fearon View Post
Truly humbled by your message. Steve Bunce's show i will dearly miss it was the only thing i regularly watched on TV. Apart from writing for the Setanta website i got the chance to write which was on my mind and in my heart and travel the world, boy have i got some Vegas stories to tell lol. Not everyone agreed with me but whatever i wrote about caused debate and i love debating.I thank everyone at Setanta for giving me the time of day to air my opinion. To upset people to make folks a little unsure and to make many smile and laugh or just to get a 'thats true'. Without Setanta i would have never had the chance to meet Ciaran Baynes who was my editor and now business partner of Hard Knocks Boxing promotions. Something good always comes out of a bad situation. Long live the Boxing fan it's your voice that counts, so speak loud cos i love to listen. Spencer Fearon
Cheers Spencer, I really enjoyed your blogs, very refreshing and totally honest. I wish you all the best for the future.
lucatoni08 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #62
saturday_kid
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 905

Quote:
Truly humbled by your message. Steve Bunce's show i will dearly miss it was the only thing i regularly watched on TV. Apart from writing for the Setanta website i got the chance to write which was on my mind and in my heart and travel the world, boy have i got some Vegas stories to tell lol. Not everyone agreed with me but whatever i wrote about caused debate and i love debating.I thank everyone at Setanta for giving me the time of day to air my opinion. To upset people to make folks a little unsure and to make many smile and laugh or just to get a 'thats true'. Without Setanta i would have never had the chance to meet Ciaran Baynes who was my editor and now business partner of Hard Knocks Boxing promotions. Something good always comes out of a bad situation. Long live the Boxing fan it's your voice that counts, so speak loud cos i love to listen. Spencer Fearon
Always enjoyed your appearances on the show mate and regurlarly read your blog. Any chance of you carrying on with doing a blog? Sure there'd be loads on this forum and the other boxing forums who'd love to read it.
saturday_kid is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #63
Losfer_Words
★★★ 2 TONE EXPRESS ★★★
East Side Guru

Quote:
Cheers, Spence. I honestly think that in terms of what it meant to it's respective community, the Boxing Hour was our version of MOTD (obviously without the time for highlights though). Every boxing fan watched it and it had a huge core following. I'm sure we can collectively get it back on air if we drum up enough interest. It seems trivial when you consider that 200 people have sadly lost their jobs, though. I just hope they can all find new jobs and soon.

As for you and Ciaran, as I said in the PM I sent you the other day- I hope you both do well with your new promotional venture. It's about time we had some more straight-up promoters in this country and as long as you give the fans value for money then you'll have nothing to worry about.
Losfer_Words is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:57 AM   #64
SeasideSlugger
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Will really miss the boxing hour. It's the only regular programme I made a point of watching......................that and The Apprentice!

Hopefully it will return somewhere on the digital waves, Good job Buncey, Andy and that trim little philly who was on the other week.
SeasideSlugger is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:15 AM   #65
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

steve bull....you on facebook ??

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #66
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Abig shout to Steve and Andy (Andy made my name famous lol )
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #67
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcount View Post
Guys -

Already done mate
Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #68
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Got to go and fly and feed my birds, keep the bandwagon rolling guys
Old 06-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #69
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

i watched bunce's boxing hour in the build up to klitshcko-haye every week, always had something decent on it. i wanted to see klitschko slap haye about but i have a lot of time for steve bunce

its not like he's dead though... im sure he'll come back somehow
Squire is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #70
superfly98
Bull
ESB Senior Member

Setanta boxing was great for british boxing. Thanks guys it was short but sweet. Hopefully someone will pick it up with as much enthusiasm. Setanta offered boxing from all over. I liked there German coverage. Introduced me to some good female boxers and now im a fan. Thanks
superfly98 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 03:52 AM   #71
Spirit Fearon
Journeyman

Spirit Fearon is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 04:03 AM   #72
Spirit Fearon
Journeyman