Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #31
Kane
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Andy Lee needs to get away from Stewart quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirteen View Post
Gosh… talk about throwing a wobbler. Let’s be clear – I have watched his last eight fights including his last two, dreadfully unimpressive, bouts. Andy gets plenty of attention from Manny since he’s his trainer/manager/landlord/friend/father figure. He even cooks for him in training!

However much attention Lennox and Wlad got/get from Manny, there’s no doubt in my mind that as boxers and athletes they are markedly superior to Lee. They also had the great equalisers that Lee does not appear to: a huge punch. He can bang as he’s been landing clean on lower tier guys and knocking them down – but people spoke about him as if he had the straight shots of Hearns, including Manny! That’s pretty overrated by any definition.

Finally, I implied nothing but you inferred an insult where there wasn’t one. I was merely describing why Wlad and Lennox responded well with the additional caveat that, as incredibly clever men, they seemed better able to follow a gameplan and respond to advice in the corner better than Lee does. This in addition to their fundamentals meant they made great strides with Manny.

.That does not diminish Lee’s “fundamentals” but considering the amount of right hands he eats I’d suggest his defence is porous. Add in his complete lack of in-fighting ability and I’d have some grounds for making that point.

I can’t speak for his intelligence, but I can’t imagine he’s at the same IQ level as a man in possession of a properly obtained doctorate – but hey, that’s just logic speaking. Don’t take it so personally.
Ok, fair points. But one thing I will disagree on is lee's power, when he lets his punches go he has undeniable power in both hands.
I agree Lee's defence is atrocious.
I will also agree that Manny's comparisons and "Future hall of fame" nonsense has done nothing for Lee and only serves to put pressure on him and highlight even more his flaws.

BTW I doubt Steward cooking for Lee will make Andy a better fighter, again that is not what I meant by attention!
Kane is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #32
fenian 67
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Ok, fair points. But one thing I will disagree on is lee's power, when he lets his punches go he has undeniable power in both hands.
I agree Lee's defence is atrocious.
I will also agree that Manny's comparisons and "Future hall of fame" nonsense has done nothing for Lee and only serves to put pressure on him and highlight even more his flaws.

BTW I doubt Steward cooking for Lee will make Andy a better fighter, again that is not what I meant by attention!
i heard manny does a wicked irish stew
fenian 67 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #33
Kane
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenian 67 View Post
i heard manny does a wicked irish stew
Maybe that's what the lad is missing!
When you were talking to Andy, how did he seem to you Fenian? Looks to me like me can't be arsed!

A while ago he was saying that he was looking at getting a European title shot some time this year, is that still the plan?
Kane is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #34
fenian 67
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Maybe that's what the lad is missing!
When you were talking to Andy, how did he seem to you Fenian? Looks to me like me can't be arsed!

A while ago he was saying that he was looking at getting a European title shot some time this year, is that still the plan?
hes a top bloke but i got the feeling hes fed up with fights like last saturdays.I think he wants to be fighting as the main atraction.he hopes to fight in ireland soon but he said the money isnt there from RTE anymore.hes happy in america at the moment though.hes moving to new york and hes got himself a girlfriend.i mentioned darren barker to him as a possible fight and he didnt rule it out but i get the feeling hes concentrating on the states for the moment with maybe the odd fight back here
fenian 67 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #35
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I wouldn't mind that sort of attention.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #36
Kane
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenian 67 View Post
hes a top bloke but i got the feeling hes fed up with fights like last saturdays.I think he wants to be fighting as the main atraction.he hopes to fight in ireland soon but he said the money isnt there from RTE anymore.hes happy in america at the moment though.hes moving to new york and hes got himself a girlfriend.i mentioned darren barker to him as a possible fight and he didnt rule it out but i get the feeling hes concentrating on the states for the moment with maybe the odd fight back here
The move will be good for him. It's a pity about RTE not investing in boxing anymore, with all the shit they put on!
Kane is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum