Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
curly
Fastest hands in the West
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 660
Default ESB just got mentiioned on 5live

Buncey was on the show, and has mentioned our campaign to get a permanent home for boxing, wooo!

There's hope yet
curly is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
ChrisC
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB just got mentiioned on 5live

Thats wicked.
ChrisC is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
lucatoni08
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ah I missed it, totally forgot about the radio show!!!
lucatoni08 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Good news lads
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Good news lads
Nice avy.

(unless your a hater - then **** you )
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Nice avy.

****** must be kicking himself that he has bothered lashing out moving the Khan - Kotelnik fight to the MEN arena...it looks like the O2 may be free afterall
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
****** must be kicking himself that he has bothered lashing out moving the Khan - Kotelnik fight to the MEN arena...it looks like the O2 may be free afterall
booooo...I already heard that one.

Still its probably the most tasteful comment I have heard so far
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
felix
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
yep michaels dead
felix is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Nice avy.

Come on Kos you should no by now

I wouldn't wish this on Calzaghe's dad !

Genuine shame, superb talent (I dont buy into all this 'kiddie-fiddling' bollocks - I just think he lived in his own world where he didn't see the problem with surrounding himself around children) i just wish i'd have had the chance to see im in his prime !

Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury - best live entertainers of all time
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #10
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

Genuine shame, superb talent (I dont buy into all this 'kiddie-fiddling' bollocks - I just think he lived in his own world where he didn't see the problem with surrounding himself around children) i just wish i'd have had the chance to see im in his prime !

kosaros is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #11
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dont forget Jimmy Morrison lads
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #12
Axl_Nose
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

You missed off Elvis, which for me is fairly unforgiveable .... Elvis and Jackson are the greatest musical superstars of all time .. Even though i prefer Elvis i'd say Jackson was clearly the number 1 talent of all time.
Im a rock fan but Michael Jackson's talent in his prime was clear for anybody to see ..
Freddie Mercury was great but he was a member of a band and whether its Mercury, Plant, Axl Rose, Ozzy or Bono its an unknown whether they could have made it as a star in they're own right .. Great solo performers are always far more talented than members of a band because they have to carry the show on they're own, for me the top 5 big guns in music history leaving out the great opera singers like Caruso and Pavarotti because Opera is a niche market ..

1. Michael Jackson
2. Elvis
3 Jimi Hendrix (i know he had a band but it was all about Jimi)
4. James Brown
5. Frank Sinatra

They are the big 5 in Music history, and just to keep this post linked to boxing im gonna give you the definitive Top 5 heavyweights of all time ..

1. Muhammad Ali
2. Joe Louis
3. Jack Johnson
4. Larry Holmes
5. Rocky Marciano

Some people find it difficult to seperate Ali and Louis but while im a big fan of Louis, the quality of opposition that Ali fought surpasses him. Ali's achievement of beating a dominant champion like Liston in '64 and then beating another dominant champion like Foreman in '74 is quite amazing. The way he adapted his stye to combat his advancing years was another amazing attribute, the vast majority of fighters will not or cannot adapt they're style.
Jack Johnson was the greatest defensive heavyweight of all time and im not talking about the 'scared shitless of taking a punch' defensive styles of Lewis or Klitschko, Johnson's evasiveness based on fleet of foot was beautiful
Larry Holmes didnt have the calibre of opposition of some champs, but his talent was crystal clear for anybody with an ounce of boxing knowledge to see. Suffers because he immediately followed Ali and Ali still held a powerful place in the affections of fight fans worldwide. Great boxer, could take a great punch, and without doubt the best heavyweight jab in history. Unlike Lewis and Wlad, Holmes's jab was a weapon it wasnt a punch scoring, range finding, pawing shot.
Rocky Marciano, the most durable havyweight fighter in history. Deceptively skillful, powerful and unbeaten, that must give him a top 5 position. Unbeaten in the heavyweight division is so much more credible than being unbeaten in a career that took on C-Grade fighters in a stepping stone division like Super-Middle .....

Of course people will disagree with my top 5, but it is totally unbiased as my favourite heavy is Evander Holyfield. People might say Lewis should be there because they can see him beating Marciano but i judge my lists on what the fighter actually acheived in they're careers not on 'what ifs'
Lennox Lewis got beat badly by 2 of the most average belt holders in history, he couldnt take a great shot and his ultra cautious mentality inspired absolutely nobody, he never fought like a great champion he just sat behind the jab always terrified of having to take a shot, its smart strategy but you'll never be compared to the greats if your so obviously frightened of taking a punch. It was also obvious that he could never go 15 rounds like the others had to, he was usually gassed and lethargic by the middle rounds. I dont like 'What ifs' but its so obvious that if you get a guy like Holmes and Ali dancing round the ring, popping out the jab, moving in and out against a constantly flat footed Lewis then Lewis would be beaten comfortably, probably knocked out when he got tired around the 10th. All of the above goes for Wlad as Emannuel Steward has moulded him in the same light as Lewis, take center ring, stick out the jab, take no chances, dont get hit, bore people to death and when your certain that your opponent is disheartened by eating the jab then and ONLY THEN take a few more chances .....

Emmanuel Steward is the man who has killed the heavyweight division based on what happened to his favourite fighter Tommy Hearns. Hearns, Lewis and Klit are similar, good jabs and terrible chins. The difference is he sent Hearns out to ultra attacking, taking chances and totally intent on taking out all opposition in the first 3 rounds. Everyone knows what happened against Hagler and Barkley. Steward was not going to make the same mistakes with Lewis and Wlad. Its because of his experience with Hearns that his strategy was the way it was with the fighters he handles now. Steward use to be an ultra attacking trainer, in the early days of the Kronk gym clinching was frowned upon and not taught and thats why when Hearns got in trouble against Ray Leonard he didnt have a clue what to do. Lewis and Wlad are directed to bore and caution by Steward because he his haunted by the strategic errors he made during Hearns's career ..
Axl_Nose is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 AM   #13
Bunce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's got me thinking...who wins at their peak, Michael Jackson or Sugar Ray Leonard? This fight is at light-welter.

Adios.
Bunce is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
darwoody

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunce View Post
It's got me thinking...who wins at their peak, Michael Jackson or Sugar Ray Leonard? This fight is at light-welter.

Adios.
Jacko moonwalks all over that bitch till Dundee tell him he's blowin it, then Leonard probably knock his nose off.
Leonard by disfigurement in the 13th.
Any word on the show yet Bunce?
You got any scoops for us?
darwoody is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #15
D-MAC
Champion
East Side Guru

Is Michael Jackson dead?

Why has there been nothing on the news about it?
D-MAC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum