Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: The O2 is now free for Khan v Kotelnik!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC View Post
Yeah, I know the Setanta/ Bunce thing is very good cause but its kicking the shit out of the forum at the moment where boxing discussion is concerned.
Exactly, it should be saved for one thread only.
kosaros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
felix
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
Exactly, it should be saved for one thread only.
more the merrier
felix is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 04:56 AM   #18
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

would not suprise me.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 AM   #19
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Wait till the Khan haters read this, they will blame him for Jacko's death no doubt.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 05:09 AM   #20
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Thank **** i'm not the only one saying that. I had a thread about the lack of boxing on the forum and asking people to stop starting new setanta/bunce threads and the ****ing mods deleted it !!!!!
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #21
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
Come on guys, a wee bit respect eh, we dont want the bunce campaign to hit the media for the wrong reasons and if there was ever a time we would be in the public eye this is it
I'm not one to piss on anyone's parade but we were told last week by some on here that the "Save our Boxing" avaters had saved Setanta...

The networks wont give a **** if they read Michael Jackson jokes on here or not. We could get 100,000 signatures on a petition or get every respected fighter or journalist to say that they want Steve Bunce's boxing hour back and it still wont make a blind bit of difference.

If the networks don't see any financial reasons to have Bunce's boxing hour then they won't have it. If they see a way to make money then they will. Quite simple really and no avater campaign, petition or dedicated website will make any difference at all... Just like the way it never when Setanta ceased broadcasting.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #22
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
I'm not one to piss on anyone's parade but we were told last week by some on here that the "Save our Boxing" avaters had saved Setanta...

The networks wont give a **** if they read Michael Jackson jokes on here or not. We could get 100,000 signatures on a petition or get every respected fighter or journalist to say that they want Steve Bunce's boxing hour back and it still wont make a blind bit of difference.

If the networks don't see any financial reasons to have Bunce's boxing hour then they won't have it. If they see a way to make money then they will. Quite simple really and no avater campaign, petition or dedicated website will make any difference at all... Just like the way it never when Setanta ceased broadcasting.
A fan campaign in the US made HBO backtrack over putting Larry Merchant on the route to the glue factory.
This is on a much bigger scale but it can help. Can't you see that this campaign in itself can alert the TV bigwigs that there may be a finaincial reason to have Bunce's boxing hour?
You carry on scratching your plums in front of the telly and we'll carry on, how is that?
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #23
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey View Post
Get in!!!

why would they movei t back and make another change?it wouldent make sen would ti
alba is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #24
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
A fan campaign in the US made HBO backtrack over putting Larry Merchant on the route to the glue factory.
This is on a much bigger scale but it can help. Can't you see that this campaign in itself can alert the TV bigwigs that there may be a finaincial reason to have Bunce's boxing hour?
You carry on scratching your plums in front of the telly and we'll carry on, how is that?
That's fine with me as I have far more important things to worry about in life. If backing the "Bring back Bunce" campaign is high on the agenda in your life then you have my envy that you have no real problems and, equally, my sympathy that you haven't anything more worth while to throw your energy and comittments into.

Without realising it you have completely agreed with my post when you said "Can't you see that this campaign in itself can alert the TV bigwigs that there may be a finaincial reason to have Bunce's boxing hour?" Nothing anyone does on here will make anything happen if the programme doesn't make money.

Setanta was a failed business in a capitalist country and died despite the avatar campaign that some predicted would work. The same will happen to this "campaign" if finance dictates it.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #25
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
That's fine with me as I have far more important things to worry about in life. If backing the "Bring back Bunce" campaign is high on the agenda in your life then you have my envy that you have no real problems and, equally, my sympathy that you haven't anything more worth while to throw your energy and comittments into.

Without realising it you have completely agreed with my post when you said "Can't you see that this campaign in itself can alert the TV bigwigs that there may be a finaincial reason to have Bunce's boxing hour?" Nothing anyone does on here will make anything happen if the programme doesn't make money.

Setanta was a failed business in a capitalist country and died despite the avatar campaign that some predicted would work. The same will happen to this "campaign" if finance dictates it.
One of my biggest interests is boxing, so yes, trying to get by far the best boxing show we've had on British TV back on our screens is pretty worthwhile.

Yes setanta is a failed business, but we aren't discussing the setanta business, we are discussing the boxing content. The fact that there is this level of fan interest means there are plenty of viewers out there ie advertising/ subs.

All opinions mate, I respect yours but completely disagree with it
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:

The avatar campaign was just that - an avatar campaign, where we all knew that it would not make a difference, we were just showing our support.

The bring back Steve Bunce campaign is on a whole different level, and I hope you apologise when the show is back on tv.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #27
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
The bastards...the fans that is, not HBO
icemax is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #28
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
The avatar campaign was just that - an avatar campaign, where we all knew that it would not make a difference, we were just showing our support.

The bring back Steve Bunce campaign is on a whole different level, and I hope you apologise when the show is back on tv.
I wont apologise as it will not have been anything to do with the campaign. It will be down to finance.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #29
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I wont apologise as it will not have been anything to do with the campaign. It will be down to finance.
Well then you are delusional if you think that. Look at what we have been doing.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You strike me as someone just out of their first term of beginners economics who hasn't quite managed to distinguish the theory from the real world
Chinny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum