Old 06-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
Rocky
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: McCloskey is injured...pulls out of Euro title fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Great news. Hopefully UFC100 gets posponed too then I will not miss any fighting while I am away on holiday. I thought I was going to miss a tonne of boxing but this is more great news for me.
It better not im really looking forward to that
Rocky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #17
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'm happy in a way. I'm a fan of Paul and if this means he can get it back in Ireland I think that is of great benefit. I can sacrifice the few months.

M'baye is one tough guy, you don't need to be going to the cards in France even though I was fairly confident McCloskey would win clearly.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #18
ninebar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2133

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I'm happy in a way. I'm a fan of Paul and if this means he can get it back in Ireland I think that is of great benefit. I can sacrifice the few months.

M'baye is one tough guy, you don't need to be going to the cards in France even though I was fairly confident McCloskey would win clearly.
Could be a blessing in disguise for Paul, couldn't see him getting a fair crack in France and it would have been a tough ask to knock M'Baye out.
ninebar is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardy View Post
It's not all bad as Paul is expected to Challenge for the title in September on home ground, most likely on the undercard of Bernard Dunne next fight at The Point, Dublin.
Nail on the head. I am glad it isnt going ahead, we wouldnt have seen it on tv anyway and he probably would have got robbed in France. Home soil challenge, fingers crossed. That will be some bill if it is all confirmed.
gasman is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #20
Mr T.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

lynes replacing him.
Mr T. is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #21
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Great just what the game needs an undeserving Lynes getting another European title shot. I was looking forward to seeing McCloskey again to see what he can do in higher class. We already know about Lynes and frankly he does not cut mus****.
Olu G. Rotimi is online now  Top
Old 07-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #22
maka
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
Great just what the game needs an undeserving Lynes getting another European title shot. I was looking forward to seeing McCloskey again to see what he can do in higher class. We already know about Lynes and frankly he does not cut mus****.

wasnt televised olu
maka is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 PM   #23
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maka View Post
wasnt televised olu
Sorry Maka but I call it like I see it.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #24
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
Why undeserving? rated no4 in europe by ebu top three dont want fight so no4 steps in, is that not the way it should be?
oscar is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #25
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
Why undeserving? rated no4 in europe by ebu top three dont want fight so no4 steps in, is that not the way it should be?
I think his performances against Lenny Daws and McCloskey speak volumes as his capitulation against a shot Branco.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #26
oscar
Journeyman

Quote:
I think his performances against Lenny Daws and McCloskey speak volumes as his capitulation against a shot Branco.
when your man loses lets see if you have any excuses, or accept it and get in for another go away from home with practically no fans due to notice and bring back the euro belt, as i am sure he will.I expect you may speak more kindly of mr lynes on his return if that were the case.
oscar is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #27
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Lynes beat Branco, he was robbed because it's Italy and they score if you move forward a little bit. Lynes knocked him down and had him eating jabs.

That fight was supposed to be in Britain too but the Italians pulled all kinds of stunts to get it in Italy despite the purse bids.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #28
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
when your man loses lets see if you have any excuses, or accept it and get in for another go away from home with practically no fans due to notice and bring back the euro belt, as i am sure he will.I expect you may speak more kindly of mr lynes on his return if that were the case.
There you go again. Losing is not the issue or has it ever been. All that can be asked is for one to give their best. The issue with Lynes is not the losses rather the manner of the losses. Against Witter he turned up but did not come to fight or win rather merely to survive not that Witter's performance was anything to applaud quite frankly. I have already mentioned his performances against Daws and McCloskey in other title fights. As for my guy the vast majority of his fights have had to be on the road by necessity. When he stopped Bradley Pryce he did not have a single fan in the arena other than us his team. Ajose has had to fight with injuries, catchweight,late notice etc but we don't ***** about it rather we get on with it and win. My issue with Lynes is not personal.Yes I don't particularly rate him but that is merely a personal opinion, the real issue is does he deserve a title he clearly does not in the same way the likes of Paul McCloskey clearly does.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #29
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux View Post
Lynes beat Branco, he was robbed because it's Italy and they score if you move forward a little bit. Lynes knocked him down and had him eating jabs.

That fight was supposed to be in Britain too but the Italians pulled all kinds of stunts to get it in Italy despite the purse bids.
Sorry Lynes was not robbed against Branco rather he contrived to throw away a golden opportunity against a shot fighter. I have seen real robberies and this was not one. Branco changed the course of the fighter by becoming physical, turned it ugly and dirty and Lynes went into his shell which gave the judges the opportunity to score the fight they way they did. If you feel you are in the other guys hometown and you will not get a fair shake then you beat him from pillar to post and preferably stop him the way Honeyghan did to Rosi not cry that you were robbed.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum