boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
Nostradamus

vCash: 1000
Default Cotto will certainly beat Manny Pacquaio

Hi friends, I thought id like to tell you before hand about this upcoming victory for the Puerto Rican.

Paquaio is the best fighter on the planet, and this loss won't change that, but Cotto is a step to far for the smaller man, lets break it down a tad. Pac's best attribute for him recently has been he's speed, it was more this than he's power that beffudled Oscar and knocked out Hatton, he has phenominal speed.......to neutralise speed you need a good jab, enter Miguel Cotto, the man is naturally left handed and has switched to an orthadox stance, he's jab is like a power punch.
Cotto also deals with speed well, look at Mosley and Judah as im sure some of you have refered to when thinking of this fight.

Cotto hits VERY hard, and lets not forget that Manny is a small 140lbs fighter, he shouldn't be fighting welter weights, especially a bull like Cotto. Cotto will hurt manny to the body, Cotto is a great counter puncher aswell, Clottey was to scared to take he's gloves away from he's face for the last 3 rounds of their bout because he felt the power and accuracy of Cottos counters.

Cotto is a great finisher, and Pac doesn't know how to hold on, Cotto will stop him, id go on but this is turning into a long post.......
Nostradamus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
AdiC
Chillin' Like A Villain
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 576
Default Re: Cotto will certainly beat Manny Pacquaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Hi friends, I thought id like to tell you before hand about this upcoming victory for the Puerto Rican.

Paquaio is the best fighter on the planet, and this loss won't change that, but Cotto is a step to far for the smaller man, lets break it down a tad. Pac's best attribute for him recently has been he's speed, it was more this than he's power that beffudled Oscar and knocked out Hatton, he has phenominal speed.......to neutralise speed you need a good jab, enter Miguel Cotto, the man is naturally left handed and has switched to an orthadox stance, he's jab is like a power punch.
Cotto also deals with speed well, look at Mosley and Judah as im sure some of you have refered to when thinking of this fight.

Cotto hits VERY hard, and lets not forget that Manny is a small 140lbs fighter, he shouldn't be fighting welter weights, especially a bull like Cotto. Cotto will hurt manny to the body, Cotto is a great counter puncher aswell, Clottey was to scared to take he's gloves away from he's face for the last 3 rounds of their bout because he felt the power and accuracy of Cottos counters.

Cotto is a great finisher, and Pac doesn't know how to hold on, Cotto will stop him, id go on but this is turning into a long post.......
Pac by 5... Not a nuthugger, but Cotto's style is perfect for Pacquiao.
AdiC is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Could happen. Pac hasn't proven he can take a punch from strong puncher at welter, so he could be in for a big surprise. But maybe speed will be the difference and he won't be getting hit a lot and Cotto will. But how many Cotto punches would it take.

I don't think Cotto can take too much from Manny though. It's 50/50 for me.
Babality is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
bronx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1124

Quote:

if newbie Nastradamus said it then it must be true!!

oh....i almost forgot STFU and GTFO you noob!

Just kidding I think Cotto takes this too!
bronx is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
FINITO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

NO he wont. He'll just be another victim.
FINITO is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Pac and Roach will come up with a good fight plan to avoid cotto's strength. I know for sure that roach and pac wants to keep this fight in the center of the ring. No way would you see pacman staying on the ropes like clottey did.

Pac speed will be the difference in this fight. I believe cotto's style is tailor made for pacquaio. Cotto is dangerous cuz he has power to hurt pac but pac has the speed and power to hurt cotto also. In the end i got pac winning by either tko-ko. Too much speed for cotto to handle.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
Nostradamus

It took Margarito 10 rounds of non stop punching to break Cotto's will, and he had to walk through bombs to do that, Pac can't take them kind of punches, also Margarito defended he's body fantasically, Pac won't watch Marquez-Pac 2 and see how badly hurt Pac gets when he is hit with body shots in around the 8th round. Cotto will time him perfectly and stop him.
Nostradamus is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
]V[ooSeKnUcKLeS
YAHHHHH
ESB Addict

Quote:
It took Margarito 10 rounds of non stop punching to break Cotto's will, and he had to walk through bombs to do that, Pac can't take them kind of punches, also Margarito defended he's body fantasically, Pac won't watch Marquez-Pac 2 and see how badly hurt Pac gets when he is hit with body shots in around the 8th round. Cotto will time him perfectly and stop him.

Careful noobie, don't be so sure about your prediction. As a huge Cotto fan, I'm still not sure Cotto will handle Pacquiao's speed and awkward movements. If Cotto can survive the onslaught the Pacquiao will most likely bring right when the fight starts, then I give Cotto a huge chance...

Oh yea...STFU & GTFO!!!!! NOOB!!!! j/k
]V[ooSeKnUcKLeS is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:53 PM   #9
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Good comment just save this tread if Cotto manage to beat Pacman like the way you say it simply put the tread back and own the **** out of this guys. I'm simply stay quiet until the fight day, still i'm suporting Cotto.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
HauntingTheHoly
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Pac won't watch Marquez-Pac 2 and see how badly hurt Pac gets when he is hit with body shots in around the 8th round. Cotto will time him perfectly and stop him.
It seemed Marquez was gonna take over the fight with those body blows you mention, but intead, pac made a comeback and won some late rounds. This only shows those body punches were LESS effective than they seemingly should have been.

"See how badly pac gets hurt" - what the **** are you talking about?
HauntingTheHoly is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #11
AdiC
Chillin' Like A Villain
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 576

Getting tickled, means hurt. lol
AdiC is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Simply, If a blown up Bantamweight in Larios hurt Pacman bad and put him on ***** street, I'm sure cotto's can, He only need to time the punch right.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiko_Tech View Post
Simply, If a blown up Bantamweight in Larios hurt Pacman bad and put him on ***** street, I'm sure cotto's can, He only need to time the punch right.
Delahoya only needed one left hook to KO pacquiao. Hatton was too strong for pacquiao. what happen? In the end both got stopped. PAc has gotten better since that fight.

His defense is better and he is not as wild as he was back then. Cotto will find out just how good pacquiao is come fight night.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
Delahoya only needed one left hook to KO pacquiao. Hatton was too strong for pacquiao. what happen? In the end both got stopped. PAc has gotten better since that fight.

His defense is better and he is not as wild as he was back then. Cotto will find out just how good pacquiao is come fight night.
Like i said before he only need to time the punch well, Oscar and Hatton didn't do it, maybe Caotto can't but still if he can put it He is ova.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #15
artofwar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

if cotto can handle pacs firepower and keeps moving forward and working pac on the ropes he will win. pac has to box and tire cotto down the stretch and stop him. but knowing pac i wouldn't be suprised if he kod him in the 5th or 6th.
artofwar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum