Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-29-2009, 08:03 PM   #31
JuanMa
business as usual
ESB Addict

vCash: 1289
Default Re: Cotto will certainly beat Manny Pacquaio

I see Cotto stopping Pacquiao in the later rounds of this bout, and respect Pacquiao tremendously for taking this fight.
JuanMa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #32
Jackolythe
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Hi friends, I thought id like to tell you before hand about this upcoming victory for the Puerto Rican.

Paquaio is the best fighter on the planet, and this loss won't change that, but Cotto is a step to far for the smaller man, lets break it down a tad. Pac's best attribute for him recently has been he's speed, it was more this than he's power that beffudled Oscar and knocked out Hatton, he has phenominal speed.......to neutralise speed you need a good jab, enter Miguel Cotto, the man is naturally left handed and has switched to an orthadox stance, he's jab is like a power punch.
Cotto also deals with speed well, look at Mosley and Judah as im sure some of you have refered to when thinking of this fight.

Cotto hits VERY hard, and lets not forget that Manny is a small 140lbs fighter, he shouldn't be fighting welter weights, especially a bull like Cotto. Cotto will hurt manny to the body, Cotto is a great counter puncher aswell, Clottey was to scared to take he's gloves away from he's face for the last 3 rounds of their bout because he felt the power and accuracy of Cottos counters.

Cotto is a great finisher, and Pac doesn't know how to hold on, Cotto will stop him, id go on but this is turning into a long post.......
Nice analysis. However, I have to point out that Cotto must tighten his peek-a-boo stance. It is wide at the middle--Perfect for an uppercut, or even a straight left as we all know it is the Pacman's bread and butter.

I have no predictions for the outcome of this fight. I just think that it will be very entertaining since both fighters refuse to hold like lonely little bitches asking for the warmth of another man's embrace.
Jackolythe is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #33
Jorodz
watching Gatti Ward 1...
East Side VIP

Location: Canada, eh? Roy Jones, Jack Daniels and Grandma's Boy
vCash: 1139

good analyis. cotto's guard was way to open to clottey's accurate punches. pac's left is a ****ing laser; he will break cotto's nose by round 2 and keeping moving in and out, pouring on the punches
Jorodz is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #34
batang kanto
ESB ELITE SQUAD
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It took Margarito 10 rounds of non stop punching to break Cotto's will, and he had to walk through bombs to do that, Pac can't take them kind of punches, also Margarito defended he's body fantasically, Pac won't watch Marquez-Pac 2 and see how badly hurt Pac gets when he is hit with body shots in around the 8th round. Cotto will time him perfectly and stop him.
its because margarito can't play the hit ang not get hit game. pacquaio can
batang kanto is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #35
Ech110
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I see Pac breaking down Cotto systematically. I give the power edge to Cotto, but I believe pac will hit 3-1 if not 4-1. at those punch stats, it wont matter that pac isnt as powerful as cotto. the shear volume of punches that Pac delievers will wear down most boxers. As long as pac doesnt get hit by the Cotto left in the process, Pac will TKO Cotto
Ech110 is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #36
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Watching the Marquez fights, Pac improved big time because of those 24 rounds with Marquez. He learned as he fought.
Babality is offline  Top
Old 06-29-2009, 08:27 PM   #37
Ech110
Contender
ESB Senior Member

As much as I like Pac, I also have to give credit to Freddie Roach. Its the combination of these two that makes Pac a great fighter. Freddie develops the game and Pac executes. I can only imagine after being hit that instincts take over training, but Pac seems to keep his head in it. I believe this is one of many reason he is so successful.
Ech110 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 AM   #38
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggity View Post
that first clip of pacquiao/marquez looks similar to sequence of punches that knocked out hatton.
I was thinking the same thing when watching the fight the other day. I keep telling people that marquez's chin is underated, the man has been 24 rounds with pacquiao and been knocked down 4 times and hasnt been stopped. People still seem to think PBF will stop him.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #39
tolindoy
UBESTRIDTE MESTER
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

Quote:
Hi friends, I thought id like to tell you before hand about this upcoming victory for the Puerto Rican.

Paquaio is the best fighter on the planet, and this loss won't change that, but Cotto is a step to far for the smaller man, lets break it down a tad. Pac's best attribute for him recently has been he's speed, it was more this than he's power that beffudled Oscar and knocked out Hatton, he has phenominal speed.......to neutralise speed you need a good jab, enter Miguel Cotto, the man is naturally left handed and has switched to an orthadox stance, he's jab is like a power punch.
Cotto also deals with speed well, look at Mosley and Judah as im sure some of you have refered to when thinking of this fight.

Cotto hits VERY hard, and lets not forget that Manny is a small 140lbs fighter, he shouldn't be fighting welter weights, especially a bull like Cotto. Cotto will hurt manny to the body, Cotto is a great counter puncher aswell, Clottey was to scared to take he's gloves away from he's face for the last 3 rounds of their bout because he felt the power and accuracy of Cottos counters.

Cotto is a great finisher, and Pac doesn't know how to hold on, Cotto will stop him, id go on but this is turning into a long post.......
You can't compare SSM and Judahs speed to pac....The thing is, pac has fast hands, YES, but its more on pacs footwork...
tolindoy is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #40
konaman
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown View Post
If pac can handle cotto's punches.. then its all over..
Yep.

Thats the big question really. If Cotto can't hurt Pacquiao with individual punches he cannot win. If Cotto can't do enough damage to sap Manny's confidence early Manny will out-exchange him with much better handspeed, timing and combination punching ability. Pac will also be much harder to hit than Clottey and Margarito, particularly to the body, which is a huge part of Cotto's game (people talk about Clottey like he is Pernell Whitaker, but he is a stationary target and easy to flurry on whether its clean or not).

There is a big unknown in the form of Pacquiao's ability to take a shot from a big guy like Cotto, but i see Pac's offensive abilities matching up perfectly with Cotto's defensive liabilities.

Pac gets the stoppage late.
konaman is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #41
PildiLagiMo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mughalmirza786 View Post
I was thinking the same thing when watching the fight the other day. I keep telling people that marquez's chin is underated, the man has been 24 rounds with pacquiao and been knocked down 4 times and hasnt been stopped. People still seem to think PBF will stop him.
actually i think it is pretty accurate. jmm's recovery rate kinda covers up for his chin. what is prolly being underated is the effect his high altitude training does for him. all that extra red blood cells just helps him recovery very quickly.

going back to the thread, i would hate it if cotto wins this fight the way he won it vs clottey. running punctuated with flurries at the end.
against a smaller man, it will definitely look cowardly. and yet that is prolly one way he can truthfully beat pac.
PildiLagiMo is offline  Top
Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #42
papolamuerte
Yo soy La Muerte!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Mania View Post
Pac by 5... Not a nuthugger, but Cotto's style is perfect for Pacquiao.

The best analysis yet......

PS...Dont ****ing dissapear come Nov 15 because I will travel to the Filipinas to find your dog eating ass aight.....
papolamuerte is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #43
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PildiLagiMo View Post
actually i think it is pretty accurate. jmm's recovery rate kinda covers up for his chin. what is prolly being underated is the effect his high altitude training does for him. all that extra red blood cells just helps him recovery very quickly.

going back to the thread, i would hate it if cotto wins this fight the way he won it vs clottey. running punctuated with flurries at the end.
against a smaller man, it will definitely look cowardly. and yet that is prolly one way he can truthfully beat pac.
Not many have taken flush shots from pacquiao and survived to fight him again. Marquez's recuperative abilities are amazing though, i wouldnt count on any fighter carrying on fighting from 3 pacquiao knockdowns in the first round.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2009, 07:02 PM   #44
TonyD407
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I Don't see the point of PAC V COTTO

Rumour has it manny wants to retire after this fight to get into politics

but we all know there will be a MEGA Money fight with Floyd in 2010

so what is the point of him risking a fight and possibly a loss to cotto????

In My Opinion he should face

Bradley and Berto

if he does he could wind titles at 140 & 147

This would cement his Legacy in History and HYPE the PBF Fight even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so why risk fighting cotto??????
TonyD407 is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #45
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:

You could very well be right but there is only one fighter Id bet big money to beat this current Pacquiao & Cotto aint that man.
Pac is in the form of his life, Id only bet big on Mayweather to beat him & even at that Id have to study how he looks vs JMM.

Bill Butcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum