Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 02:19 AM   #16
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Kellerman is an enthusiastic guy with personality and some knowledge of the sport. However, I think there are many posters here who are smarter than him. Give me Larry any day
Merchant is far better than Kellerman. HBO should've known better. Why couldn't they get Al Bernstein or someone like that? Sean O'Grady is better than that asshole Max IMHO.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 02:19 AM   #17
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Bring back Roy if you want someone new not this jerk
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:20 AM   #18
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhwbj
Castillo looked like a dead man from the opening bell( hell, he had one foot in the grave in his last fight )........Was kellerman supposed to ignore this?
I think it's more about his delivery...................... He speculates as if it's fact.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:22 AM   #19
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Bring back Roy if you want someone new not this jerk
Roy sucked in the beginning but he got a lot better with experience, kinda like Lennox.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:22 AM   #20
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,045
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Many people miss the point of journalism. The point isnt to be their publicist, its to play devils advocate and push the bottons that will produce authentic responses to hard questions.
Illmatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 AM   #21
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyrigged
When there are no black nuts around to hug, Kellerman will usually gravitate to the darker of the two participants.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:24 AM   #22
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
Many people miss the point of journalism. The point isnt to be their publicist, its to play devils advocate and push the bottons that will produce authentic responses to hard questions.
Good point but like I said, it's not nec. the questions but the way he asks them, as if it's def. true.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:11 AM   #23
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmatic
Many people miss the point of journalism. The point isnt to be their publicist, its to play devils advocate and push the bottons that will produce authentic responses to hard questions.
Right, so instead of cheerleading Castillo and giving him excuses, he should have been asking why he couldn't handle Hattons power to the body.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #24
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

At the end of the day Kellerman said what Hatton should do, then when Hatton did it he discredited the win quite blatantly, he could have said "Castillo didn't condition his midsection properly" or "he maybe should have used his reach advantage to keep Hatton at bay" but no, even though Castillo could very well have done these things and stayed in their longer Castillo executed an innefective game plan and Kellerman says "oh well he was shot". This guy belongs alongside Joe Rogan while the real journalists talk about boxing.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:53 AM   #25
Calroid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 341
vCash: 1956
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
Shit, I'm with Kellerman here.. Castillo looked bad, and even though Hatton did what he was supposed to, you're kinda left with this.. wtf? feeling.. you don't want to take something away from Hatton, but you still think.. wow what the **** happened to the Castillo who fought Corrales, Diaz, Maywether, etc...
Yeah what you say is true. However Steward was saying that from the start of the fight, Kellerman didn't agree until the fight was over and he had to accept it. Steward should get credit for that, not Kellerman.
Calroid is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #26
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wash-Heights, NYC
Posts: 1,311
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Kellerman is an idiot, what he said to Hatton after the fight was completely unprofessional, and not fair to Hatton. Give credit when its due, and what Max said to Ricky just showed that Kellerman is trying to be the contraversial figure that Merchant except theres only one Merchant and thats all!
Jose FM is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:45 AM   #27
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,777
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

not worried about kellerman`s opinions/not worried about him giving hattoin no respect/
what i do not like about kellerman is the man`s hyperactive voice , like he has a rocket stuck up his arse and only 3 seconds to live , so must spurt it all out in seconds before he explodes.
sean is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:50 AM   #28
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17,263
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
not worried about kellerman`s opinions/not worried about him giving hattoin no respect/
what i do not like about kellerman is the man`s hyperactive voice , like he has a rocket stuck up his arse and only 3 seconds to live , so must spurt it all out in seconds before he explodes.
Decebal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:34 AM   #29
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,314
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Castillo looked shot and fought like it. If you're gonna pick opponents who are well past their best you should be called out on it. Hatton did what he had to do and he did it well. However, this victory does not earn him any accolades because it's about 3 years too late. Kellerman may have been a bit out of line with the questioning but he wasn't wrong. Even Steward said Castillo looked shot.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #30
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Castillo looked shot and fought like it. If you're gonna pick opponents who are well past their best you should be called out on it. Hatton did what he had to do and he did it well. However, this victory does not earn him any accolades because it's about 3 years too late. Kellerman may have been a bit out of line with the questioning but he wasn't wrong. Even Steward said Castillo looked shot.
No 2 in the division

thats all you need to know
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013