Old 06-24-2007, 07:38 AM   #31
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol @ Kellerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun
Kellerman's an idiot. Remember his streak of going like a year picking every major fight wrong? He doesn't have a clue. As far as not giving Hatton credit he has a well known bias against European boxers, so it's no surprise
Yep, Max is a tool.
Axe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 AM   #32
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
No 2 in the division

thats all you need to know
I'm not trying to discredit Hatton. He did what he had to do. However, the pink elephant in the room remains. Castillo's not the same. I want to see Hatton fight Junior Witter but it probably won't happen.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #33
Loggo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
I'm not trying to discredit Hatton. He did what he had to do. However, the pink elephant in the room remains. Castillo's not the same. I want to see Hatton fight Junior Witter but it probably won't happen.
I want to see Hatton v Witter also.
Loggo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 08:22 AM   #34
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

these Kellerman suck threads are becoming too redundant. Let him develop and grow into the position. Atleast he has a passion for the sport.
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #35
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Larry Merchant could have asked the same question -- and it would have been charming instead of annoying. He would have done so with a fatherly hand on Ricky's shoulder, leaning in, talking slightly softer as if it was an intimate setting instead of a full arena.

The confrontational style Kellerman uses and the arrogance he exumes just turns you off to him. He's aloof, smug, way too perky and not a replacement for Merchant.

Get me Al Bernstein when Larry decides to call it quits, or Gil Clancy.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #36
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyrigged
When there are no black nuts around to hug, Kellerman will usually gravitate to the darker of the two participants.
Its true! He is scared to death he will be called a racist. Sean O'grady all the way!
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #37
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
not worried about kellerman`s opinions/not worried about him giving hattoin no respect/
what i do not like about kellerman is the man`s hyperactive voice , like he has a rocket stuck up his arse and only 3 seconds to live , so must spurt it all out in seconds before he explodes.
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:09 AM   #38
Curtis Lowe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calroid
Yeah what you say is true. However Steward was saying that from the start of the fight, Kellerman didn't agree until the fight was over and he had to accept it. Steward should get credit for that, not Kellerman.
You are exactly correct. Steward remarked early in the first round and reiterated through out the fight that Castillo looked shot and looked like an old man. Kellerman never made such a remark until after the fight is over. What a clown. The guy is absolutley a terrible announcer. His so called knowledge is really not much knowledge at all. His voice is terrible and he has NO charisma. Being over opinionated does no make one knowledgeable.

Stewart on the other hand was dead on with his observations. And seemed to have little use for Kellerman and his remarks.
Curtis Lowe is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #39
Carlos Primera
Martinez is a badman
ESB Addict

kellerman lost all his credibility for me when he was hyping zab as the next big thing, bad mouthing tzyu and picking zab to ass rape tzyu. then zab does the chicken dance kellerman's name is a joke without a punch line for me
Carlos Primera is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:17 AM   #40
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
I dont like Kellerman but he told it exactly how it was. Castillo is washed up and he moved up from 135 to fight a man that walks around at 190lbs when hes not training. Even Malganagii said in his Post fight interview last week that Castillo was washed up and it wouldnt be a good fight
So why did you repeatedly state that Castillo would KO Hatton?
Strike is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:26 AM   #41
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
This guy belongs alongside Joe Rogan while the real journalists talk about boxing.
great post......

You will never hear kellerman pull a line like "this makes sinderrella look like a sad story" or " this is the primal beauty of boxing". The fact is you need a top notche literary mind to talk about boxing on the professional level. Not some radio motor mouth.

Give me al bernstien or larry any day.

HBO's all class though, so its not like thay're going to be letting him go anytime soon....just guess we'll have to get used to it.

Last edited by o_money; 06-24-2007 at 09:28 AM.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 AM   #42
sonny73
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Castillo looked shot and fought like it. If you're gonna pick opponents who are well past their best you should be called out on it. Hatton did what he had to do and he did it well. However, this victory does not earn him any accolades because it's about 3 years too late. Kellerman may have been a bit out of line with the questioning but he wasn't wrong. Even Steward said Castillo looked shot.
Well thats bullshit...dont remember anyone complaining when Manny destroyed Morales
sonny73 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #43
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

Actually, you heard a lot of shit about Morales after his last fight with Pac.

I mean shit it was almost the same damned scenario as this fight. Morales coming off a terrible looking performance against Raheem, questions about Morales being shot were rampant... then when Manny destroyed him, the question was answered.

I guess this next fight will answer the Morales question for good.. and we'll see if JLC ever fights again in a competitive fight on whether he's got anything left as well.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 AM   #44
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

For God's sake,HBO please keep Max in the minor's.He is not a prime timer!
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #45
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbrooklyn
I dont like Kellerman but he told it exactly how it was. Castillo is washed up and he moved up from 135 to fight a man that walks around at 190lbs when hes not training. Even Malganagii said in his Post fight interview last week that Castillo was washed up and it wouldnt be a good fight
you see that's rubbish.sure hatton balloons up but not to his natural walk around weight.through excess he balloons up to well above that,because he drinks copious amounts of beer and eats enormous amounts of stodgy food.the guys only 5'6" for heavens sake,in my opinion he isn't even a big light welter,any problems with weight loss are of his own making through lifestyle.castillo actually looked the bigger man in there last night and he's guy lets remember who fought as a light welter against corrales because he couldn't make that 135.it could be argued that castillo couldn't beat a guy who had to get down from 190!
ron u.k. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum