Old 07-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #31
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson Fury wants Irish title

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
His name was Robert Mclaren, aged 20, killed last month in Afghanistan just 4 weeks out of training
Poor kid . My time in the army was an incredible experience but I realised while I was there that the end 'prize' of graduating from training was little more then a warehouse job away from my son and family.

I think that the army offers no hopers a chance of forming the basis for a career but ultimately it is a bit of a con job. They promise you the world in the careers office but ultimately when you get there its very much an anti climax. The Corporals (with the odd exception) are little more then bullies who try and intimidate the recruits into a position of inferiority. From this 'inferior' position they dominate and command. Thats the way it is. If you are a go-getter to begin with the army is not for you.

I feel very sorry for that chap in your avatar. A lot of the lads I trained with are in Afghan now i've kept in touch with some of them and while they are working 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 270 (- tax) been shot at, I'm at home relaxing, playing my comp, going on ESB or going to a much better paid less demanding job. 20 is no age to die, you have your whole adult life in front of you. What is the cause in afghanistan? Its a broken country with an oil line. Is it really in desperate need of rescue. Most who live there are in the stone age.

The armed forces are for me a very taboo subject. They con the young and naive and those in charge should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #32
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

^ Nice.

Agreed. Afghanistan is a con job in itself.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #33
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

what about ike perez,when is fury goign to get in with him?
alba is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #34
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post
Poor kid . My time in the army was an incredible experience but I realised while I was there that the end 'prize' of graduating from training was little more then a warehouse job away from my son and family.

I think that the army offers no hopers a chance of forming the basis for a career but ultimately it is a bit of a con job. They promise you the world in the careers office but ultimately when you get there its very much an anti climax. The Corporals (with the odd exception) are little more then bullies who try and intimidate the recruits into a position of inferiority. From this 'inferior' position they dominate and command. Thats the way it is. If you are a go-getter to begin with the army is not for you.

I feel very sorry for that chap in your avatar. A lot of the lads I trained with are in Afghan now i've kept in touch with some of them and while they are working 12 hours a day 7 days a week for 270 (- tax) been shot at, I'm at home relaxing, playing my comp, going on ESB or going to a much better paid less demanding job. 20 is no age to die, you have your whole adult life in front of you. What is the cause in afghanistan? Its a broken country with an oil line. Is it really in desperate need of rescue. Most who live there are in the stone age.

The armed forces are for me a very taboo subject. They con the young and naive and those in charge should be utterly ashamed of themselves.
As an ex officer of the regiment (battalion now - bastards) that this young man served in I will respond to this post when the beer has left my belly. No offence Jeff, but you are way off.
icemax is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #35
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

I wonder when Tyson Fury will make his big move up the pro ranks? He has not been fighting for very long, but could he make his big move within a couple years?
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #36
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

fury - rogan for the irish title is the only legitamite fight for fury , the rest he would blow away in 2 rounds
moorser is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #37
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff thomas View Post

My cousin did 2 tours in Afghanistan and he would tell you your ful of shit.

Hes now left and he has a great career involving training for private defense/security firms. Also is a fully qualified Electical Engineer to fall back on if he wants to totally get away from that line of work.

It isnt all doom and gloom.

He saved up a shit load of money aswell
antcull is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #38
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
so who is worthy of a tilt at the Irish title then?

Coleman Barrett?

Colin Kenna?

Declan Timlin?

John Timlin?

Martin Rogan?

Scott Belshaw? (again?)

John McDermott? (does he qualify?)

John Clancy?

any others?
All crap except Rogan and i can't see him fighting Fury anytime soon.
iceman is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #39
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

sprott called him out and fury said nothing.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #40
fenian 67
Contender
ESB Senior Member

mike perez vs. fury.im sure perez qualifies for the irish title
fenian 67 is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #41
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenian 67 View Post
mike perez vs. fury.im sure perez qualifies for the irish title
Nope Perez doesn't qualify, he hasn't lived in Ireland long enough to qualify for Irish citizenship through residency.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #42
irishhitman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

fury and rogan could fill the odyssey...but rogan would spark fury with ease
irishhitman is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #43
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
Nope Perez doesn't qualify, he hasn't lived in Ireland long enough to qualify for Irish citizenship through residency.
how long is long enough for residency? 5 years?
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #44
marty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapbangwhallop View Post
how long is long enough for residency? 5 years?
Your allowed to fight for the Irish amateur team as long as you have lived in Ireland for a year.
marty is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #45
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
If you want to slag off the dead, go ahead prick
forgive me if my level of respect for "Her Majesty's Force" is on a par with the level of respect they've shown the people of my country!I shouldnt even of commented on it - leave that sort of sh1t for the Lounge. Sorry to hear that your mate died - like Jeff said he was conned out of his life.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum