Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #31
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will you guys consider Mayweather top 3 ever, if he beats up Hatton and retires ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycuban
i think he has to get into a time machine and go back and fight leonard, duran and robinson in order for these people to give him the recognition and props that he deserves,
Damn bro, get off his **** while its still limp. Those fighters that you mention up there actually beat ATG's while Mayweather in past two years has fought 2 journeymen (Mitchell, Baldomir) a wash up never has been (Judah) and barely got a split decision against a well past prime DLH. You put him up against guys like Leonard or Hearns and Gayrunner gets his shit pushed in.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 AM   #32
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Default Re: Will you guys consider Mayweather top 3 ever, if he beats up Hatton and retires ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftygrits
ODH will go down as an ATG..but ODH lost the big fight....LOST..key word..lost...as I decapitated you earlier you left out floyds whole 130 reign and he is arguably one of the best at 130 EVER.....I dont expect much from you..your ridiculous views are redundant.
NO HE ISNT!!!!

Whitaker and Duran are so far ahead of him on the list that he can hardly read the names on thier trunks.

And again...thats two...just off the top of my head.

One of the best ever at 130. Your funny...I like you....
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #33
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Corrales was elite at 130-135..or did you forget he was the reigning champ for years....him and Castillo ...before and after Floyd....ODH was not retired....he beat Mayorga and was the champion at 154. You are underminding his resume... If thats the Case then Tsyu doe not break top 50 all time b/c his resume is half that of floyds.....You are forgetting good solid fighters that went on to be champion like Jesus Chaves..Genaro Hernandez..you just completely left out all of his wins at 130 and the fact he defended his title 8-9 times....
Kostya Tszyus resume isn't very good. WHen did I ever say it was? Genaro Hernandez was old and whilst good, had already been stopped in 6 rounds by Oscar. Corrales was elite for the DVISION, but not overall on the p4p scale. Chazez is a good opponent, but nothing worthy of helping floyd achieve ATG status. He needs ATG opponents, or at least solid HOF's. He just hasn't done enough to come close at this point, or even after beating Hatton.

Last edited by mantis_boxing; 06-05-2006 at 06:07 AM.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #34
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Actually, in terms of potential and skillset shown for fantasy head to head matchups, there is possibly an argument, its a hard one and a losing one for top 3, but somewhere in the upper tier isn't unreasonable, especially if you single out a weightclass rather than pfp, but pfp also isn't that far of a stretch.

In terms of truely getting in there and accomplishing incredible feats, he just isn't there yet and while Hatton helps the argument, he isn't going to push PBF into that very limited top tier of guys.

Of course I think this is a moot point, as Hatton will take the fight.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 AM   #35
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
NO HE ISNT!!!!

JCC, Whitaker and Duran are so far ahead of him on the list that he can hardly read the names on thier trunks.

And again...thats three...just off the top of my head.

I know. This guy has NO IDEA!
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 AM   #36
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
But losing to ATG fighters is higher in most regards than beating average to good ones. At least he fought them.
Like I said its Hearns..Our minds will never allow such..But Hearns lost to a lesser fighter in Barkley..twice...he was not prime the second time out.. but Barkley. He was beat by Hagler and Leonar.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #37
Jose FM
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, from 147-168..in a winning and losing effort during..Most losses were to other great fighters..but still were losses..Hearns we all loved so its hard to make a unbiased decision with him..NOBODY disliked Hearns.
Yeah well he did get robbed against Leonard in their second fight and beat Duran, those right there are better wins than Gayrunners wins.
Jose FM is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 AM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
You prove your skill against great competition. Otherwise it remains unproven. His competition has not sufficed to prove his skill can carry him to the top 10 all time.
Exactly.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #39
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I know. This guy has NO IDEA!
Im kinda actually getting a kick out of it....
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:58 AM   #40
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Floyd should try defending belts. That would be a nice start.
did duran defend a title succesfully outside 135

Last edited by carrot4u; 06-05-2006 at 09:48 AM.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:58 AM   #41
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Like I said its Hearns..Our minds will never allow such..But Hearns lost to a lesser fighter in Barkley..twice...he was not prime the second time out.. but Barkley. He was beat by Hagler and Leonar.
But Hearns FOUGHT Hagler and Leonard. PBF has never fought anyone on that level.

Hearns also beat Duran and Benitez and a PRIME Virgil Hill who is very underrated and was unbeaten at the time at LHW, far above his natural weight. There is also the draw with Leonard. PBF can only match the Virgil Hill win and that's debatable.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #42
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues2nd
NO HE ISNT!!!!

Whitaker and Duran are so far ahead of him on the list that he can hardly read the names on thier trunks.

And again...thats two...just off the top of my head.

aaahhahahaha you dumb ass...WHO THE HELL ON ESB SAYS OTHERWISE..where the **** have you been......FLOYD DOMINATED 130 with no losses what the **** are you bringing up whitaker who didnt even fight at that ****ing weight..lol...JCC at 130 you got a point......but you are one dumb mother****er.....
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 01:59 AM   #43
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
One of the best ever at 130. Your funny...I like you
who would rank ahead of floyd at 130.

don't worry I'll wait.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 AM   #44
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well. I will put Floyd over Hagler and Marciano if he wins...Ross..dont know much...I put floyd over Dempsey and from what I saw and my research he is one of the overrated guys from the past..I would put Floyd over Lennox Lewis..as well.. I put him over Tunney..Dont know much about Gans...I will Put him over B hop with a great win..over Hatton and if Bhop retires now...I would put him over Hearns..though Hearns is one of my favorite fighters of all time but he came up short too much.
You would put Floyd over Hagler? Over Tunney? Over Hearns? Are you for real?
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 AM   #45
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
But Hearns FOUGHT Hagler and Leonard. PBF has never fought anyone on that level.

Hearns also beat Duran and Benitez and a PRIME Virgil Hill who is very underrated and was unbeaten at the time at LHW, far above his natural weight. There is also the draw with Leonard. PBF can only match the Virgil Hill win and that's debatable.
Your wasting your time. This guy is a tool. Plain and simple.
MSTR is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum