Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 AM   #46
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will you guys consider Mayweather top 3 ever, if he beats up Hatton and retires ?

That sues 2nd mother****er talkiing shit...DEAD ****ing wrong dont even got the right weight class and shit...I never said Floyd over Pea...Floyd over Duran..Leonard..But hearns is debatable and you guys are talking some ****ing virgil hill who was a good but no a great fighter.. A good fighter...not great..repeat..floyd has fought many good fighters..with this criteria..no fighters of right now are shit...lol.............none ........
Toopretty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 02:04 AM   #47
nickthegreek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Will you guys consider Mayweather top 3 ever, if he beats up Hatton and retires ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime9
of course he is top 3..right now he is soldifying his status as #1 all time.
nickthegreek is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #48
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
You would put Floyd over Hagler? Over Tunney? Over Hearns? Are you for real?
Yes the **** I would put him over Hagler......39-0 over 5 weight classes..Haglers best wins are over a blown up Duran and Hearns..and some other solid but not great middleweight contenders..if you are going by resume..your shit aint holding no water....with that..And if you check the post you dumb mother****er..I said with a win or knockout win over hatton then the winner of Shane..I said right now he is an ATG but to rub shoulders with these folk the The 2 fights have to occur with WINS..especially if cotto wins and he beats him....
Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #49
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 1069

Beating Hatton just is not enough for Mayweather to make my top 3. I'm not saying that he's not an all time great but he is not top 3.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:06 AM   #50
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftygrits
That sues 2nd mother****er talkiing shit...DEAD ****ing wrong dont even got the right weight class and shit...I never said Floyd over Pea...Floyd over Duran..Leonard..But hearns is debatable and you guys are talking some ****ing virgil hill who was a good but no a great fighter.. A good fighter...not great..repeat..floyd has fought many good fighters..with this criteria..no fighters of right now are shit...lol.............none ........
You're damn right I said Virgil Hill. You mention guys like Corrales and Castillo for PBF and I can't mention a PRIME Virgil Hill?

Hill is a 2 weight class champion who defended his LHW title 10 consecutive times before losing it to Hearns. He then got it back and defended it 9 times in a row before losing to DM and then Jones.

In his prime weight class Hill only lost 3 fights. 2 of them to ATG (Hearns and Jones) and one to a HoF caliber fighter (DM) who holds the record for title defenses at LHW!

You compare Castillo and Corrales to that. Something tells me you don't know much about Virgil Hill.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:07 AM   #51
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Dumb Floyd hating bitches... **** out of here..you dont get as highly regarded by ALL OF BOXING by being a quote trendy fighter..here today gone tomorrow type of mother****er...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 AM   #52
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Dumb Floyd hating bitches... **** out of here..you dont get as highly regarded by ALL OF BOXING by being a quote trendy fighter..here today gone tomorrow type of mother****er...
All the fighers we named ahead of PBF were highly regarded. So that isn't really a counterargument now is it?
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #53
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
did duran defend a title succesfully outside 135
It brings up an interesting point though, does Floyds weight jumping ultimately help or hurt his pfp ratings?

On one hand it obviously proves he can carry his skills up significantly higher than what most would consider his ideal weight classes, but on the other the guys he has been, while clearly bigger than him, have often been fighting a weightclass above what most would consider their ideal class, Oscar being the obvious example. Also Floyds next fight, while at 147, is against a fighter who seems to be much better at 140, so the question then becomes is Floyd still able to make those lower weights? I think he can, but it does raise the question.

So would Floyd actually be better off in a pfp sense to stay in a weightclass closer to, but still above, his ideal weight and dominate fighters that are bigger, but fighting in their ideal weight class?
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #54
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208
You're damn right I said Virgil Hill. You mention guys like Corrales and Castillo for PBF and I can't mention a PRIME Virgil Hill?

Hill is a 2 weight class champion who defended his LHW title 10 consecutive times before losing it to Hearns. He then got it back and defended it 9 times in a row before losing to DM and then Jones.

In his prime weight class Hill only lost 3 fights. 2 of them to ATG (Hearns and Jones) and one to a HoF caliber fighter (DM) who holds the record for title defenses at LHW!

You compare Castillo and Corrales to that. Something tells me you don't know much about Virgil Hill.
Name the guys he beat.....Ok I will wait...and I will name the guys Corrales beat..and he only lost to HIGH level fighters like floyd, castillo and Casamayor...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:09 AM   #55
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
aaahhahahaha you dumb ass...WHO THE HELL ON ESB SAYS OTHERWISE..where the **** have you been......FLOYD DOMINATED 130 with no losses what the **** are you bringing up whitaker who didnt even fight at that ****ing weight..lol...JCC at 130 you got a point......but you are one dumb mother****er.....
Im dumb and you have Floyd in your top ten (I jumped too quick at it....any day bro, we can go boxing knowledge and I will embarrass you...AND NOONE ON THIS SITE WILL TELL YOU DIFFERENT!!!).

Quick question....for all of those championships you named....how many defenses did you have?

12 for 5 titles (and I even counted the IBO, whatever the **** that is.... ).

Now, as for the 130 arguement....What about Pep? Or Benny Leonard? Or Duran (as I mentioned)?

I could really keep going....
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 AM   #56
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict

Quote:
did duran defend a title succesfully outside 135
We are not talking about outside of 135....jackass.

hurhurhurhurhurhurhur
sues2nd is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:12 AM   #57
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg0208

WBA light heavy championship.... WOW No disrespect..but again..good fighter..solid...
Old 09-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #58
Maxmomer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 619

All time? Of any weight class?
Maxmomer is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #59
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Name the guys he beat.....Ok I will wait...and I will name the guys Corrales beat..and he only lost to HIGH level fighters like floyd, castillo and Casamayor...
Are you going to compare losses to PBF, Castillo, and Casamayor to losses to Hearns, Roy Jones Jr, and DM?

Why name the guys he beat? You won't know who they are

Do you know who Henry Maske is? What about Leslie Stewart? What about Fabrice Tiozzo? If you do, then you will know how highly regarded they were, especially Stewart.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 AM   #60
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
WBA light heavy championship.... WOW No disrespect..but again..good fighter..solid...
The WBA title is the first title so I don't get where you are going with this. He also won the Lineal Title. And yes, he was a great fighter, just not an atg....neither are Castillo, Corrales and Hernandez. He was better than Corrales was and Castillo, who are good solid fighters as well.
kg0208 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum