Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #31
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Sky not showing Enzo, Mitchell, Brook and Smith

i find it almost unbelivable that people are standing up for sky a ppv card should run from the momment the first fights on thus giving value for money and a chance for all the fighters to get showcased its a disgrace that this is not the case, i mean what are we going to get enzo,mitchell etc fighting whilst sky run and re run mini documenatrys on khan and then hope the fights dont go the distance so we catch the highlights im still paying for it because i have imvited mates round but im not impressed
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 PM   #32
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfinch View Post
Nobody is telling you to watch Friday Fight Night start to finish every week, nobody is forcing you to buy Sky's PPVs. If you don't like it, fine then don't watch or buy it-but don't remind us at every opportunity. There's more to life than criticising evey little thing Sky does.
This is a boxing forum, and we are discussing Sky's boxing coverage. If you don't like it, then don't read the thread.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #33
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
This is a boxing forum, and we are discussing Sky's boxing coverage. If you don't like it, then don't read the thread.
Fair point, but I'd hardly call most of this topic "discussion". A lot of posts are a sentence or two of swear words aimed at Sky

Personally I don't think this card is PPV worthy-but then I don't think much is. Why, on top of the 45 we pay, should we be charged extra for Box Office? This is Khan, a fighter who a year ago was fighting on terrestrial TV.

My point is though, rob has started this topic presumably after seeing the advert and presumed cos it doesn't mention Enzo etc. that they won't be shown at all, which is ridiculous-no source. After all Friday Fight Night usually only advertise the main event, yet show plenty more.

But of course, the anti-sky brigade are right there jump on with their "**** sky, i was only gonna stream it anyway" yadda yadda yadda.

It ain't discussion, its just ammunition to wind up the anti-sky people, which seems to be the majority of this forum.

Nobody has any proof that sky won't show these fights, people are just jumping at the opportunity to bash them.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfinch View Post
Fair point, but I'd hardly call most of this topic "discussion". A lot of posts are a sentence or two of swear words aimed at Sky

Personally I don't think this card is PPV worthy-but then I don't think much is. Why, on top of the 45 we pay, should we be charged extra for Box Office? This is Khan, a fighter who a year ago was fighting on terrestrial TV.

My point is though, rob has started this topic presumably after seeing the advert and presumed cos it doesn't mention Enzo etc. that they won't be shown at all, which is ridiculous-no source. After all Friday Fight Night usually only advertise the main event, yet show plenty more.

But of course, the anti-sky brigade are right there jump on with their "**** sky, i was only gonna stream it anyway" yadda yadda yadda.

It ain't discussion, its just ammunition to wind up the anti-sky people, which seems to be the majority of this forum.

Nobody has any proof that sky won't show these fights, people are just jumping at the opportunity to bash them.
i agree that some/most people love a moan at sky at the slightest oppurtunity however as you will see from my post im still buying the fight but i think these premium nights should provide the chance for up and coming fighters to showcase there talents and expand there fan base and its a real shame if this isnt the case as the fights are sacraficed for documentaries building up the khan fight
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #35
Chinny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The Enzo and Brook fights are actually decent match ups so I'm sure they will be shown live.

If not, why are they on this bill as they are much better than most FFN's, and ****** is basically on record as only givin a cr&p about the live audience to the extent that they provide sound effects for TV

Rob you are generally good at starting threads with fresh news but at times you do spout rumour as though it is fact! If you turn out to be right I'll apologise to you.
Chinny is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #36
chrisfinch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkgench View Post
i agree that some/most people love a moan at sky at the slightest oppurtunity however as you will see from my post im still buying the fight but i think these premium nights should provide the chance for up and coming fighters to showcase there talents and expand there fan base and its a real shame if this isnt the case as the fights are sacraficed for documentaries building up the khan fight
Thats a good point. The format for the Barrera fight was Cook on live at 9, followed by Enzo, then Khan at 11. Cook and Enzo were done really early, leaving about 45 minutes before Khan came out. As I was at the MEN that night, I dunno what sky did for those 45 minutes. But I'd imagine they showed the same vidoe packages aired on the countdown shows during the week that the people buying the PPV had already seen, at least thats what they did on the Hatton PPV. Now why couldn' they have showed Vassell, Smith, Crolla or any of the other prospects then-apologies if they did, I'm just presuming they filled the time with talk and promos.

But when you pay 15, surely you should see the whole show live. As in all the fights, right from 5.30/6.00 or whenever they start. Most of them are filmed and have commentary done to them in case of early finishes so how hard would it be? Its on PPV so wouldn't disrupt the schedules, would give more Boxers the opporunity to shine, and give the viewers better value for money. Boxing is one of the rare sports where you actually see lots more action by going to watch it live, than seeing it on the TV.
chrisfinch is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #37
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Good thing i got my tickets to see all the fights then.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #38
jspain
Journeyman

the problem i have is sky will propably repeat the khan fight on the thursday following the fight. thay could fit in what they dont show then but they will propably show the same fights again instead of showing us the ones we have not seen. the point is though for ppv we should be getting to see all the decent fights even if that takes 5 hours. the show will propably end before 1 propably sometime between 12 and half past.

the ironic thing is if we got to see most of the card it propably is ppv worthy and more people would buy it. 8 fights would make it a good ppv, 5 fights with 3 propable mismatches makes it a poor ppv imo.
jspain is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 03:50 AM   #39
digregorio1.
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1575

where are people getting this from that their not showing enzo and brook cuz iv not seen or heard anything...and on the Sky Sports website listed under their fixtures for July 18th they have the olympians first, then mitchell, then enzo, then brook and hall/small, and Khan so to me it looks as though they will be showing it.

So if someone can tell me for sure i'd appreciate it cuz it will help my decision on wether to buy it or not, thanks
digregorio1. is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 04:56 AM   #40
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Isn't this a good thing

The only reason they are doing this is to not clash with the ITV4 card isn't it?
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 AM   #41
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Isn't this a good thing

The only reason they are doing this is to not clash with the ITV4 card isn't it?
no theres a direct clash with itv4
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #42
rhinocoote
mexican steamroller
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 940

i really want to see the cleverly fight on itv4,but don't want to miss hall/small.
does anyone know if their fight times clash directly??
also,i am not making a judgment on the sky coverage until i have seen what they show.i think saying "jumping on the hate sky bandwagon" is a bit strong.it is only people who PAY for the bill ,on top of paying for sky sports who are a bit concerned that they are getting fleeced and cheated out of what they supposedly pay for (me being one of them!_).
also having limited choice of boxing coverage these days,i am truly ecstatic that we have two big bills on one night!,especially after the recent spate of pulling-out and injuries.i think it will be a great weekend for the sport and we must support it full-heartedly.
done.
rhinocoote is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #43
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHL View Post
They only showed highlights of Rogan vs Harrison one time i felt like crying thats why i paid for the card
no they didn't they showed the whole fight
Flea Man is online now  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #44
saturday_kid
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
no they didn't they showed the whole fight
They did the night it was live but when it was replayed they only showed just over half the rounds just to accomodate showing the olypians in full.

This is the reason that is pissing me off with this card too, dont get me wrong I want to see the olympians progress but not at the expense of seeing some quality domestic match ups for respected titles. Imo if anyone the olympians should be shown afterwards, their fights are likely to be one sided 4 rounders whislt the fights like Lomax Brook, Small Hall and Enzo Lebedev are likely to be a lot ore competitive.

Why they cant just show the whole card though is beyond me. The more casual fans will likely tune in just for Khan anyway, and I doubt any of the hardcore boing fans will complain if the PPV starts a few hours earlier with more fights shown live.
saturday_kid is offline  Top
Old 07-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #45
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Must be ******s call as he wants to build up the olympians best he can, terrible call. I won't be buying it now.
antcull is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum